Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @939.48 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Perfect Blue

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Perfect Blue  (Read 705 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: November 29, 2022 @604.46 »

Just finished watching Perfect Blue and wow it was very.. engaging! and hard to understand, watched a few theory videos and I think I've gotten a better understanding hehe
To any Perfect Blue watchers, how did you feel with your first watch through?? (ALso.. I LOVE the art for this anime, it was very interesting story wise and perspective too its hard to tell when things r real or fake!! adds to the psychosis episode the protag is having)

* Perfect-Blue-01-min (1) (1).jpg (21.97 kB, 488x488 - viewed 97 times.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022 @607.28 by dotmidi » Logged

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022 @116.99 »

I've watched it three times and I don't think it ever stopped being confusing to me
still love that movie though

definitely watch Paprika if you haven't yet
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022 @692.44 »

I've watched it three times and I don't think it ever stopped being confusing to me
still love that movie though

definitely watch Paprika if you haven't yet
YEAH! ive been totally planning on watching paprika when i have the time :4u:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022 @242.23 »

Yesss! Perfect Blue is one of my absolute favourite movies!! :loved:

I first watched it as a teenager and tbh it confused me a lot, lol. I didn't look up theory videos but I did seek out reviews at the time to see what other people made of it. I watched it again in college and didn't have too much trouble with it, but I had my previous experience to reference, and at that point I was two years into an art degree and was used to seeing kinda weird stuff. I've watched it many times since then and always find new things to enjoy about the direction, art, and animation. Sooo many scenes from that movie are stuck in my head, it's such an incredible piece. Satoshi Kon and his collaborators really did a phenomenal job on all of his stuff, but Perfect Blue is a favourite for me.

Tho now that it's getting to the holiday season, check out Tokyo Godfathers! One of my go-to not-specifically-a-christmas-movie Christmas movies.

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022 @678.11 »

Yesss! Perfect Blue is one of my absolute favourite movies!! :loved:

I first watched it as a teenager and tbh it confused me a lot, lol. I didn't look up theory videos but I did seek out reviews at the time to see what other people made of it. I watched it again in college and didn't have too much trouble with it, but I had my previous experience to reference, and at that point I was two years into an art degree and was used to seeing kinda weird stuff. I've watched it many times since then and always find new things to enjoy about the direction, art, and animation. Sooo many scenes from that movie are stuck in my head, it's such an incredible piece. Satoshi Kon and his collaborators really did a phenomenal job on all of his stuff, but Perfect Blue is a favourite for me.

Tho now that it's getting to the holiday season, check out Tokyo Godfathers! One of my go-to not-specifically-a-christmas-movie Christmas movies.

Thanks for the reccomendation on Tokyo Godfather :cheesy: :cheesy: it looks very good, I'm gonna watch it at lunch!

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Wireless/Bluetooth Everything

Started by GuestBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 15
Views: 1396
Last post March 29, 2023 @38.92
by brisray
Blue Diamond W.I.P!

Started by LIABoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 449
Last post April 16, 2023 @162.53
by LIA
blue's bryce 3D works!

Started by trilobiterBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 4
Views: 480
Last post January 06, 2024 @38.90
by neoratz

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi