Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 19, 2024 - @971.70 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello Melonland!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello Melonland!  (Read 879 times)
BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Black Mage HatJoined 2024!
« on: April 30, 2024 @209.21 »

Hello Melonland!
I go by many names online, but in this kind of space I usually go by Mage. I created my personal webpage a little over a year ago, and have been trying to keep it consistently updated ever since. It mostly just serves as a little collection of things I like and a little blog. I've been obsessed with Neocities and old school webpages ever since I started teaching myself HTML and CSS. Javascript is another beast, and I'm trying to battle it currently.
I'm currently in college working on my computer science degree. My dream is to learn about cyber security and work in that field as a developer. I've currently learned Python, Java, and Assembly from my classes, and anything else I've taught myself.
First and foremost, I am a gamer. Ever since I was young, I've always played different video games, be it the DS or Xbox 360. I've been obsessed with all things "retro" for a while ever since my 3ds came bundled with 10 NES games. I collect videogames now, but I believe games deserve to be played, so I'm sure to always pop in an old game every once in a while.
I'm not very forum savvy, and I'm still trying to figure things out here, but it seems very friendly here. I hope I can fit in.

TL;DR
    • I'm Black Mage
    • I like to code
    • I like videogames
    • I hope I can fit in

Thank you for reading!

"The joy of living far outweighs the fear of death."
~ Black Mage #288

honowo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

(any pronouns)

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: f66x
iMood: f66x
PicMix: honowo

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024 @213.95 »

Welcome! I hope you stick around! I'm sure you'll fit in great!

🌸
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024 @490.43 »

Hello there ! welcome to the MelonLand forum !  :cheerR:

I'm sure you'll fit in without any issue, people are really welcoming here and there's a bit of everything for everyone in the topics so you should find something that interests you at least ! I like your website design, reminds me of my FF VII text-boxes the black mage is from final fantasy IX if I remember correctly, yes ?
oerrorpage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: oerrorpsades

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024 @759.65 »

welcome!

de idiot of dis 4um
Memory
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024 @763.73 »

Welcome ! I'm glad you're here :DD
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024 @16.92 »

Welcome friend  :ozwomp: I will be sure to check out your site!

BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024 @123.50 »

I like your website design, reminds me of my FF VII text-boxes the black mage is from final fantasy IX if I remember correctly, yes ?

Yep! It's supposed to look like early Final Fantasy menu systems! Also, Black Mage is a staple of early Final Fantasy games, and Final Fantasy IX was the last mainline game where they appeared. Most of the sprites on my webpage are from Final Fantasy I and III. Unless you're asking about the quote in my signature, that is from Final Fantasy IX, and the animated Black Mage is from the Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster.

~ Black Mage #288

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024 @491.44 »

Yep! It's supposed to look like early Final Fantasy menu systems! Also, Black Mage is a staple of early Final Fantasy games, and Final Fantasy IX was the last mainline game where they appeared. Most of the sprites on my webpage are from Final Fantasy I and III. Unless you're asking about the quote in my signature, that is from Final Fantasy IX, and the animated Black Mage is from the Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster.

Are you more into retro/classic FF than any of the newer stuffs? (also have you played Crystal Chronicles? I loved that!)

BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024 @561.40 »

Are you more into retro/classic FF than any of the newer stuffs? (also have you played Crystal Chronicles? I loved that!)

My absolute favorite FF games are Final Fantasy I, IV, and XI. (1, 4 and 9)
I'm 100% a fan of the classic FF games, I've played FF I the most, but that's just because it's easy to pick up and play, and because there are so many versions! My favorite story is a tie between FF IV and XI.
When the newer Final Fantasy games turned away from turn-based combat, that's when I stopped playing them. I haven't played FF XVI, but that's mostly due to it's price when it first released, and the fact I didn't have a PS5 at the time.
I actually have not played the Crystal Chronicles games, I heard that the remaster was not very good, is that right?

~ Black Mage #288

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024 @873.94 »

My absolute favorite FF games are Final Fantasy I, IV, and XI. (1, 4 and 9)
I'm 100% a fan of the classic FF games, I've played FF I the most, but that's just because it's easy to pick up and play, and because there are so many versions! My favorite story is a tie between FF IV and XI.
When the newer Final Fantasy games turned away from turn-based combat, that's when I stopped playing them. I haven't played FF XVI, but that's mostly due to it's price when it first released, and the fact I didn't have a PS5 at the time.
I actually have not played the Crystal Chronicles games, I heard that the remaster was not very good, is that right?

That is super cool, I love how into the franchise you are!!  :blush:

I played the original Crystal Chronicles and the remake and tbh I didn't notice the remake was that bad in comparison... I dunno what it is about that FF game specifically but my Glob I just loved the aesthetic, some of the designs reminded me a heck of a lot of Hieronymus Bosch designs. I have a huge soft spot for the Yukes.

The only other FF game I ever played was FFXIV but that was cos I got severely talked into playing it years back and just play it on and off now and then. But turn based RPGs are the best I agree there... especially retro ones like Chrono Trigger and the ilk!

rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2024 @53.38 »

Welcome to the forum!  :ha:

Pretty sure you'll be at home here, there are plenty of people who code.

Cybersecurity is an interesting field! I graduated recently but some of my class/workmates were going into that field, they were doing some pretty cool stuff.

Totally agree on javascript being a bit of a beast :tongue: I've been programming for years but I still struggle with the syntax, lol.
What language/s do you program in, for non-web stuff?

BlackMageGaming
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2024 @61.64 »

What language/s do you program in, for non-web stuff?

Primarily Java, I used to do a bunch of work with Eclipse, but I had to move to Visual Studio Code due to some new requirements. (I don't know specifics, just that we have to use VSC now).
When I was much younger I taught myself Lua for modding Garry's Mod and Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but I've lost most of those files due to my old hard drive dying  :ohdear:
I have an inner hatred for Python for some reason, I don't know, maybe I just haven't found a good IDE for it, but I hated coding in it when I was learning it. But I do see its upsides.

~ Black Mage #288

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024 @76.71 »

Sounds like we have a new friendship blossoming :3

rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024 @139.85 »

Primarily Java, I used to do a bunch of work with Eclipse, but I had to move to Visual Studio Code due to some new requirements. (I don't know specifics, just that we have to use VSC now).
When I was much younger I taught myself Lua for modding Garry's Mod and Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but I've lost most of those files due to my old hard drive dying  :ohdear:
I have an inner hatred for Python for some reason, I don't know, maybe I just haven't found a good IDE for it, but I hated coding in it when I was learning it. But I do see its upsides.

Nice! I like Java, I think it's a nice language to learn on (and to teach).

Making mods sounds fun!

I haven't used eclipse, but VSCode is good. It's pretty barebones out of the box, but it's super flexible with what you can code in. . Ultimately I don't think IDEs matter too much - having a good one is nice but it's totally not necessary. I would recommend having a look at the Jetbrains IDEs though.

I really like python - I do most of my programming in it. It definitely has a few quirks though! It can be a bit tricky especially if you're new to programming.

On that note, feel free to message if you ever need help with code! I always enjoy debugging stuff and helping problem solve c:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi