Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 21, 2024 - @896.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 25/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Winmap and Last.fm widget formatting help

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Winmap and Last.fm widget formatting help  (Read 157 times)
kiyuyu
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: kiyuyu

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: July 12, 2024 @243.61 »

Okay my code is too long to insert, but you should be able to view source/inspect on my homepage. I'm asking about how to format the last fm widget so it's firmly centered within its div. At the moment it looks like this: and the winmap keeps escaping despite its positioning, but I know they're notorious for being wiley. If anyone has any tips or help it'd be very appreciated! Right now that looks like:

this is the first homepage I've coded completely on my own so I'd appreciate any tips! Thank you so much everyone  :transport:

PS There's also a lot of empty space at the bottom, I don't know how to fix it. I know there's overflow-y hidden but then I wouldn't be able to scroll at all right? So if anyone has any knowledge on that too because when I try to google it it just tells me about the overflow function.  :4u:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024 @246.37 by kiyuyu » Logged
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024 @666.04 »

messing around in the console, i think the empty space at the bottom was because you had too many rows in your grid-template! the rows in your grid are very tall, and your template specifies five of them -

Code
grid-template-rows: repeat(5, 1fr);

but you've only used 3! so there are two empty rows in the grid that are super tall, creating empty space. setting the rows to 3 instead should fix it.

i have no idea what's going on with the winamp thing, it looks like it has a lot of fiddly bits going on in there and i wouldn't know where to start with it sorry! edit: oh, and the last.fm thingy doesn't appear at all for me, possibly because of one or more of my browser extensions, so idk about that either. double sorry!!

kiyuyu
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: kiyuyu

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2024 @990.30 »

messing around in the console, i think the empty space at the bottom was because you had too many rows in your grid-template! the rows in your grid are very tall, and your template specifies five of them -

Code
grid-template-rows: repeat(5, 1fr);

but you've only used 3! so there are two empty rows in the grid that are super tall, creating empty space. setting the rows to 3 instead should fix it.

i have no idea what's going on with the winamp thing, it looks like it has a lot of fiddly bits going on in there and i wouldn't know where to start with it sorry! edit: oh, and the last.fm thingy doesn't appear at all for me, possibly because of one or more of my browser extensions, so idk about that either. double sorry!!

Thank you so much! That did work  :ha:

the last.fm thing only appears when I'm actually playing the music, for some reason it doesn't show anything if I'm not. I don't know enough about javascript to really fiddle with it to get whatever was last played to stick so I kind of gave up on that front. I'll leave it playing jic people take a look and get confused when they don't see it. That's okay though! Thank you for taking a look and helping regardless I appreciate it a lot  :4u:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

A cool avatar site (andypants.net)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 17
Views: 2448
Last post April 01, 2023 @105.91
by SilkSkull
What helped you code html/css easy?

Started by LIABoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 17
Views: 2038
Last post October 11, 2023 @152.56
by flowers
Hosting a website on an Android phone

Started by shevekBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 4
Views: 951
Last post August 03, 2023 @703.92
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi