Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @307.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  resist the urge for normality

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: resist the urge for normality  (Read 206 times)
orchid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

turn ur mental prison into a maze

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: orchidcnr
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: October 02, 2024 @742.22 »

this will be very stream of conscious & probably incoherent, but ive had this on my mind for a bit so bear with me!

CW: depression, anxiety, suicide

i always strived for things in life to feel "normal" ... i guess it stemmed from my immense anxiety & desire to just be able to exist without being afraid of what lies ahead. i just wanted to do the same thing every day because i thought it would make me comfortable. this ended up becoming true after a few months of living with my ex gf. wake up ... drive her to work ... work on school at home ... listen to the same music on repeat ... go pick her up ... come home ... play minecraft ... sleep. i was happy doing this at the time, but i didnt realize what it was doing to me. it was ... making me numb, i guess? i wasnt appreciative of anything anymore, i wasnt truly happy, & looking back at this time, i really dont feel like it was "me".

when she left earlier this year i fell into a deep depression & the normality in my life became even worse. i didnt have the energy to do anything. i pretty much just laid in bed all night, listening to ambient music &, when i could muster up the energy, watch youtube. even doing something as simple as that felt like a monumental task. it eventually culminated in a failed suicide attempt whereafter i lied on the ground for probably like an hour, walked home, & went to bed. when i woke up, things felt a lot different. i had a new sense of appreciation for the world & how it functioned. i enjoyed just ... watching the birds, listening to the sound of water ... my sense of normality was completely shattered. and i felt amazing.

if youre in a similar rut, having that sort of realization is the key to escaping. im not able to tell you what to do in order to experience this; its different for everybody, but what i can tell you though is that thriving for a sense of normality was the worst decision of my life. eversince then ive been focused on breaking the normality in my life, leaving my comfort zone & experiencing new things. & im ready to try harder than ever & im going to push myself as hard as possible (without overextending my mental abilities of course). im going to be updating this thread with just ... general life updates. how things are going, whats on my mind, what ive been doing, etc., and i implore you to do the same! feel free to discuss your life, your experiences, how things are going, & your journey in breaking your sense of normality.

maybe you listen to the same playlist everyday, watch the same few youtubers, play the same games ... now is the time to change that! go listen to some new music, watch some movies & play some games youve had on your backlog for years, try a new hobby!, wake up early & go for a walk in the forest!, go meet new people in new communities!, go walk to the grovery store & buy a crossword book & do those fucking puzzles as the birds chirp around you!!, you are you own person & the world is beautiful with endless possibilities, & i know this has been said a million times before, but the only thing stopping you from exploring them is yourself!!!!!!

if you read all of this, thank you!, & i hope it has inspired you in some way. i wish you the best because you truly deserve it!  :transport:

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
invader_gvim
Jr. Member ⚓︎

My husband kept loving me when I became a girl.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2024 @264.03 »

For a long time in my life, I was followed around by cringe :ohdear: It always came from a sense of not feeling normal, and a desire to police myself to be more acceptable to the backwards, proudly ignorant people that surrounded me. I feared being cringe so much that I decided to put on an awful mask that wasn't me  :skull: .

I went to trade school (even though it didn't suit me) and started doing construction jobs. For ten long years of my life I wasted away doing hard labor jobs and working as hard as I could. Now I am nearly 30 and my life is considerably behind.

If I had just been honest with myself and done the things I knew I wanted, then I'd be in a much better place. Besides all that, I missed out on a lot of interesting and exciting things because I felt like experiencing them was too childish. Now I guess I'm old enough not to care if something is childish.  :seal:

Only recently have I actually been living my life. Its been really great and I wish I had done it earlier. Change is really good. Before I started being honest with myself I remember only ever playing Fallout New Vegas. I only ever read warhammer 40,000 books. I only ever listened to metal music. All of those things are still good in my eyes, but there are so many other things to enjoy. The world feels a lot less dull now. :melon:

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2024 @688.46 »

This is a beautiful post, thank you for writing it. And you're absolutely right about life becoming better the moment you allow yourself to have new experiences. I've recently gone through not so fun life events and I've really felt this desire to numb myself and letting time pass over me. That is not like me at all, but I've just tired out that much from these experiences that I kind of want to "fast forward" to the new year. Truthfully, this is because I have yet to properly process those events. I managed to take a few days off in the upcoming few weeks, and I kinda want to use those to find my love for life again. To consciously choose what I am doing and enjoy every second of it without worry.

Currently, I live in a boring environment, making it very easy to sit in my house all day and let the day pass with little happenings. My hope is that by the end of this year I will have moved to a place of my own in a different city, and be surrounded by new things that inspire me daily. This thread is a good reminder that I should want those new experiences, rather than letting myself fall in the slump of passing time with little awareness... Although autumn is coming up, historically my worst season feelings-wise. :ohdear:

It was good to write this down. I hadn't allowed myself much thought about my feelings recently.

orchid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2024 @908.47 »

invader_gvim:
For a long time in my life, I was followed around by cringe :ohdear:
one of the most freeing aspects of this for me has been realizing that cringe just ... doesnt matter! ive been working heavily on not caring what others think about me & ive made enough progress where i dont really have trouble expressing myself (online at the very least) & not caring if i come off as "cringe" or not. if someone thinks im cringe, thats ok! it doesnt affect me & is a waste of brain power to think about. theyll think about you for 30 seconds, & thats it!
All of those things are still good in my eyes, but there are so many other things to enjoy. The world feels a lot less dull now. :melon:
exactly! theres so many things to experience & doing so expands your brain in so many incredible ways! youll never learn & grow if you just do the same things!

BlazingCobaltX:
And you're absolutely right about life becoming better the moment you allow yourself to have new experiences. I've recently gone through not so fun life events and I've really felt this desire to numb myself and letting time pass over me. That is not like me at all, but I've just tired out that much from these experiences that I kind of want to "fast forward" to the new year. Truthfully, this is because I have yet to properly process those events. I managed to take a few days off in the upcoming few weeks, and I kinda want to use those to find my love for life again. To consciously choose what I am doing and enjoy every second of it without worry.
thats a wonderful way to start & i wish you lots of luck! i know exactly what you mean by wanting to just fast forward ... but thats just not how it works unfortunately :ohdear: yes time does help!, but too much of nothing will just lead to things getting worse & worse. you cant just rely on time itself to heal oneself, but also actively seeking the growth. it takes a lot of effort to actually do so but you just have to work to get into the swing of it i guess.
Currently, I live in a boring environment, making it very easy to sit in my house all day and let the day pass with little happenings. My hope is that by the end of this year I will have moved to a place of my own in a different city, and be surrounded by new things that inspire me daily. This thread is a good reminder that I should want those new experiences, rather than letting myself fall in the slump of passing time with little awareness... Although autumn is coming up, historically my worst season feelings-wise. :ohdear:
same here (suburbs), & ive found trying to appreciate simple things has made my previous boring world great. sure, i dont have like ... anything to do around me, but ive realized that i dont need a wide variety of things to do to make me feel fulfilled. just walking around the neighborhood, exploring the woods, & watching people go about their day has been great. & i wish you luck in moving!, its a very big task but you got this!
It was good to write this down. I hadn't allowed myself much thought about my feelings recently.
just knowing that this topic has made a positive impact on someone makes me really happy! im glad it helped you :grin: <3

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
orchid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2024 @259.33 »

today was pretty nice :] i streamed some World of Horror on my twitch as well as Dagon! i love Lovecraft a lot & playing these has definitely inspired me to get back into reading his works ... they're just very daunting to get into lol. i have a hardback collection of them i got a few years ago so i think i'll begin reading some tomorrow. i then did some more planning for an RPGMaker game i've been thinking about developing & played Deadlock for a few hours with my friend. i've been quite motivated to play horror games & such since it's october, & im hoping to stream Iron Lung, Milk outside a bag, Crow Country, & maybe some Cry of Fear mods within then next month or two (spooky season never ends for me anyway :tongue:). i also wanna give Slay the Princess a try once it gets its free update coming soon! i really wanna watch some horror movies as well, i have a handful downloaded that pique my interest, notably The Thing, Rosemary's Baby, Skinamarink, and M.

i actually had my first therapy session in years yesterday & it went very well! they're a very kind individual & i can definitely see it being beneficial for me. for now though i'm going to bed, its 1am and im very sleepy. :sleep:

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2024 @580.30 »

hi
this is something that i seriously struggle with where im consistently too scared to do a new thing or some idea i had and this thread really spoke to me but i dont know what to really do to get out of that feeling and be happy with myself and stuff and idk maybe imn just being a sad edgy teen but i really dont know

new to oldnet be nice

invader_gvim
Jr. Member ⚓︎

My husband kept loving me when I became a girl.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2024 @604.05 »

Courage isn't the lack of fear - it is pushing past fear. This applies to cringe as well as fear. When you feel cringe, just push past it  if its something u want to do. You are brave enough to do that.  :dog:

orchid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2024 @958.92 »

hi
this is something that i seriously struggle with where im consistently too scared to do a new thing or some idea i had and this thread really spoke to me but i dont know what to really do to get out of that feeling and be happy with myself and stuff and idk maybe imn just being a sad edgy teen but i really dont know
there's nothing wrong with being a sad edgy tean, most people were one at some point :tongue:. either way it doesn't make your feelings less valid <3. do you live in an area where you could walk around a bit? doing stuff outdoors always makes my mental a lot better :grin:. even just simple cardio like jumping jacks helps a lot! i try & always burn like 200-300 calories on my excercise bike each day (not because of any specific health reasons, i just find that number to usually be fulfilling).

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 287
Views: 29368
Last post October 09, 2024 @729.26
by TheFrugalGamer
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6647
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 4056
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi