This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @659.17
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :seal: Thank you for today! :seal: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ MelonLand Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum Fonts?!


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed
Author Topic: Forum Fonts?!  (Read 18943 times)
Aarix
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Aarix1

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #30 on: Winter, 13 Feb 2025 @276 » Embed

I like the idea of having more than one monospace font to choose from.... there's something pleasingly meta about having an informal chat about websites in the same font you'd probably use to code them. I knowww we already have Courier New, so asking for, saayyyyyy, Consolas (🙏🥺) would be greedy. However. I do think at least one sans-serif monospace font would be a nice option to have.

This may or may not be too much of a personal pref, but I figured I'd shoot my shot anyway :grin:

Edit: wait a sec we have Lucidia Console?  :eyes: though I'm not sure if using fonts which are not on the list appear on every device... I was happy using my off-menu consolas on PC until I had a peep on mobile and saw that my posts appear in sad sad default font. Is that because Consolas is a Microsoft thing? Anyway, Lucida Console seems to be here already--and it will do! ;P

« Last Edit: Winter, 14 Feb 2025 @246 by Aarix » Logged

https://i.imgur.com/QAbREBa.gif
Corrupted Unicorn
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Unicorns aren't meant to stay forever
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: moodyunicorn

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Unicorn of the InternetSurbypink pigeon prizeyou are un-bear-ably cool!Rainbow Noodle Dance!Scrafty, I choose you!
« Reply #31 on: Spring, 18 Mar 2025 @821 » Toggle Font Embed

Add Comic Serif for the ultimate sillyness  :ozwomp:

By the way, is there a way to switch fonts on the go when making a post, the same way i can just switch colours like this? Because if there's one, I haven't found it yet  :ohdear:

EDIT for extra font suggestion: Moon Star  :unite:

« Last Edit: Spring, 05 Apr 2025 @973 by Corrupted Unicorn » Logged

https://corruptedunicorn.neocities.org/images/gifs/robotuni.gif
https://i.gpx.plus/sFmfu/c15.png

Artifact Swap: From Tuffy with ❤️Stinger CreatureSnake CreatureFlower CreatureCrystalFeather StoneWave Stone
grubbyfox
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: grubbyfox

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: Spring, 30 Mar 2025 @806 » Embed

is there a way to force fonts here or nay? it's getting to a point where i just end up not reading posts here anymore because like 90% of the special fonts used, i cannot read. u_u

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #33 on: Spring, 30 Mar 2025 @821 » Toggle Font Embed

is there a way to force fonts here or nay?
Yes! (well sort of) the Newspaper theme was added specifically for people who would like to read without excessive text formatting ^^ You can also read the WAP site, or click the Print button (though that sometimes has fonts)

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
grubbyfox
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: grubbyfox

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: Spring, 01 Apr 2025 @640 » Embed

Yes! (well sort of) the Newspaper theme was added specifically for people who would like to read without excessive text formatting ^^ You can also read the WAP site, or click the Print button (though that sometimes has fonts)

I've tried it a few times, but I get so warm and fuzzy by this standard theme, I keep wanting to go back.
However, I cant seem to get the newspaper theme to work anymore? Was it not one of the other theme buttons on the lower left side?? A few of them only seems to refresh/send me to the top of the page with no adjustment as I can see.

edit: oh now it worked, lol idk why it would not load the first few times.

Logged
IndigoGolem
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


What's personal text?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
squeezed gentlyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #35 on: Autumn, 05 Sep 2025 @108 » Embed

is there a way to force fonts here or nay? it's getting to a point where i just end up not reading posts here anymore because like 90% of the special fonts used, i cannot read. u_u

There's also a way on page 2 of this thread (links to here) to change all this (or any) site's fonts to a single one you specify.

If you use uBlock Origin you can add ||forum.melonland.net/fonts/fontname.ttf to your filter list to block a particular font. For example, ||forum.melonland.net/fonts/heartfont.ttf blocks Pixel Heart. The font names are in /melonland_common_fonts.css, which you can preview with your browser's developer tools (in Firefox, the Style Editor tab has a search bar to find lines in loaded stylesheets) or download a page and read the CSS file in a code or plain text editor.

I think you can use ||forum.melonland.net/fonts/* to block all fonts from here but i haven't tried that.

Logged

-Indigo, Anve Ozo

Artifact Swap: Spiritual Stone of Firee  unus, pluriumMick Jagger's mouthCreampuffNoid2 coinssnail buddy
grubbyfox
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: grubbyfox

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2023!
« Reply #36 on: Autumn, 07 Sep 2025 @760 » Embed

There's also a way on page 2 of this thread (links to here) to change all this (or any) site's fonts to a single one you specify.

If you use uBlock Origin you can add ||forum.melonland.net/fonts/fontname.ttf to your filter list to block a particular font. For example, ||forum.melonland.net/fonts/heartfont.ttf blocks Pixel Heart. The font names are in /melonland_common_fonts.css, which you can preview with your browser's developer tools (in Firefox, the Style Editor tab has a search bar to find lines in loaded stylesheets) or download a page and read the CSS file in a code or plain text editor.

I think you can use ||forum.melonland.net/fonts/* to block all fonts from here but i haven't tried that.

thank you so much! i will def try this. i've gone back to the original theme but some of the fonts are so hard to ready its putting me off coming here because its just such an eye strain. and it makes me skip people's reply - which i dont want of course, i want to read people's reply to things.

Logged
verso
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #37 on: Spring, 14 May 2026 @084 » Toggle Font Embed

I hadn't post here yet so I was thinking about looking around to find the settings to choose a cool font BUT I got distracted and decided to click on the "random" button instead...
AND I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS THE TOPIC IT BROUGHT ME TO :mark:  :skull:


well, I just found out you have courier new and that was exactly what I was looking for.
ALSO, yes, this is my first post/reply! Hi there :D

Logged

my art portfolio (needs some update!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe