Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @724.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 72/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Do you skip OPs and EDs? Why?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you skip OPs and EDs? Why?  (Read 1485 times)
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2023 @623.15 »

I skip both even if I do enjoy them; they're time wasters when you are binging a show! The cases where I leave them running because they're that hype are very rare, perhaps only out of nostalgia.
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2023 @734.12 »

I skip both even if I do enjoy them; they're time wasters when you are binging a show! The cases where I leave them running because they're that hype are very rare, perhaps only out of nostalgia.

The last time I didn't skip an OP was when watching Bastard!! on Netflix. "Bloody Power Fame" by coldrain was just that much of a banger. I actually put it on repeat when doing deadlifts at the gym.

I don't skip the OP for Godzilla: Singular Point either. My Japanese is no better than my German, but I can still rock out to "in case..." by BiSH as hard as I rock out to any of Rammstein's bangers.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Anno

StatusCafe: anno

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2023 @827.88 »

In general I try to watch the OP and ED for at least the first episode of a series (or the first episode its used in if a series has multiple in its run). I also try to have myself watch the OP every time I watch many episodes in a row, but only for the first episode I watch. I definitely get how it sets the one but I find that listening to the same song over and over again to be grating and ultimately take me out of the story. I think I watch EDs even less since most of the streaming services I use auto-play the next episode right at the begging of the ED.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2023 @842.04 »

Highly depends on the show I watch :smile: and how long the opening song is! The rare times I ever watched anime I usually skipped them because they're always suuuper long. But when the opening songs for all kinds of shows are short and iconic music wise, I always let it run and it gets me hyped for what I'm about to see.
Examples for those are Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Adventure Time, Bojack Horseman and Dexter. I think all of these have really really iconic intros that more or less have meme status. Edit: Oh and I love love love the opening music in The Mandalorian, absolute masterpiece.

I think it's pretty cool when the opening scenes change based on the state of the show.

The ending stuff never really interested me. Together with the autoskip to next episode, I never even think about it.
Also admittedly since I was a child, I find the ending music and credits to be really eerie and .. creepy all the time? Especially when at some point, the music stops and there's just silent credits quickly flashing on the screen. I wanna run away when I see that :grin:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023 @850.29 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
KittyTheKat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Any/All and Agender

iMood: KittyTheKat

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2023 @224.97 »

Maybe only tangentially related, but I have a fondness for old movies with long intro credits eg. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, etc. It gets me in a certain mood that makes it easier to settle into the start of something.
In terms of shows or anime, I actually also rarely skip intros even if I'm binging. I like a lot of different music and OPs tend to have really good music. I honestly think it's a shame that the trend has been to make them shorter! What comes to mind for me is the opening for Good Omens and (a slightly older show) Fringe. I like when they're visually complex, and I wish more shows did longer complex openings instead of short ones.

"Hell is other people. But that’s only that side of the coin. The other side, which no one seems to mention, is also “Heaven is each other.” … Hell is separateness, uncommunicability, self-centeredness, lust for power, for riches, for fame. Heaven, on the other hand, is very simple—and very hard: caring about your fellow beings." -Jean-Paul Sartre
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2023 @789.61 »

technically it depends, since i'm sure there have been openings and endings i didn't enjoy and would skip, but generally i never skip them. especially the opening! it sets the tone for the show and i lovve openings in general they're like awesome AMVs (anime music videos) for whatever show you're watching! i get really annoyed when netflix makes me skip an opening :-\ !! i've just finished watching season two of H20 Just Add Water and i love the opening so much it's so cute and totally captures the spirit of the show :3

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 56
Views: 5310
Last post April 27, 2024 @17.04
by BUTCHBONEZ
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 48
Views: 3893
Last post April 11, 2024 @823.52
by Misanthropic Monster™
Hot Tip for finding obscure gaming/Let's Play YouTube channels

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 592
Last post February 28, 2023 @973.90
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi