Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @751.60 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Virtual Youtubers!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Virtual Youtubers!  (Read 798 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« on: March 04, 2023 @15.87 »

This thread is for the discussion of Virtual Youtubers (Vtubers)!
Talk about your favourite vtubers, share clips and streams, pics, drawings, or anything to do with Vtubers!
All Vtubers are welcome, whether they are independent, or with a corporation!  :ok:

What IS a Vtuber?
Virtual Youtubers (Vtubers) can be many things, but broadly speaking they are entertainers that use virtual avatars to represent themselves in their video content. They do all kinds of things, like playing video games, creating music and art, dancing, talking, singing, and much more!

Where can I find Vtubers?
They usually host their content on popular video sites, and some sites dedicated specifically to them. The most active places to find them would be Youtube, Twitch and Holodex.

If you want to learn more about Vtubers, check out the Virtual YouTuber Wiki!

Here are some questions you can answer if you so choose to start the discussion:

-Who is your Oshi? (favourite Vtuber)
-Where did you hear of Vtubers?
-Do you have any favourite clips you'd like to share?

The first Vtuber I really liked was Inugami Korone of Hololive Corp. I caught a clip of her playing DOOM 2016 which eventually went on to become a viral meme of sorts. (Chainsaw, WOWOWOW!) I had seen Live2D animated characters before, but I had never seen them used during a livestream before so I was drawn in by my curiosity pretty quickly. At the time, there weren't an abundance of English Vtubers (at least not many that I found) but eventually the MYTH girls debuted and from that moment on I was hooked. I've been watching Vtubers ever since!

I just finished watching Korone's Fireworks Mania stream, here's a clip of it that I found pretty hilarious:

While Korone still holds a dear place in my heart, nowadays I've been spending a vast majority of my time watching Pomu Rainpuff of Nijisanji EN!
I am a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid, and she recently finished playing through the entire series on stream, it was a blast watching her start out as completely new to the series to eventually falling in love with the games and it's characters. It might sound stupid but I feel like we went through a journey together and it was special for a lot of people (including me!).

Here's one of my favourite clips where her fanbase got the voice actors for Solid Snake and Otacon to make a birthday message for Pomu!

I look forward to hearing everyone talk about Vtubers!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023 @134.24 by Inkerlink » Logged

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023 @128.25 »

I love watching vtubers and have also tried vtubing myself! (I'm too shy to share one of my own clips though lol. but I will share my model that I made myself!)

my oshi is magni dezmond, and I also really like ceres fauna, elira pandora, and pomu rainpuff~
here's some of my favorite clips :3

I first heard of vtubers a few years ago when my brother showed me a video of kiryu coco and sakura miko in which miko had to describe something in english and coco had to figure out what she was saying. she called the statue of liberty "freedom lady" xD
but I really got into watching vtubers from watching inugami korone, usually clips with english subs but I also found her livestreams very entertaining even if I couldn't understand japanese!
I'm always quoting this clip of her super mario bros stream:

(I'm watching the nijisanji en collab of sons of the forest as a type this hehe)

Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023 @221.30 »

I will share my model that I made myself!
You are a very cute opossum! You don't see many opossum vtubers, so you fill that niche quite neatly. :)
Miko's english is... legendary, isn't it? It's so sad what happened with Coco, although we did end up getting Kson out of it so it's not all bad.
It seems a lot of people got into vtubers through Korone... she really does have a global appeal that's hard to top it seems.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2023 @754.07 by Inkerlink » Logged

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.

Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023 @891.27 »

andou
Casual Poster ⚓︎

i stinky

StatusCafe: andou

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023 @994.44 »

:unite: attempting to resurrect this thread! :unite:

i am an independent vtuber that streams on twitch full time!
i'm hoping to find more people that are interested in vtubers - even if it's just a passing interest or they just think they look kinda cool!  :4u:

i have a few oshis! i know for some this is a forbidden practice - but i have so much love in my heart! i'm a huge fan of takanashi kiara of hololive, as well as ninomae ina'nis! as for my nijisanji oshis, that would be enna alouette and pomu rainpuff! like i said, lots of love in my heart for vtubers!

ah, i think i first heard of vtubers back in 2020, probably with korone! i think korone had to have been my first exposure to vtubers. she still holds such a special place in my heart!

i wanted to share a clip of mine! its a little channel trailer showcasing my model!

i hope to connect with more people on the small web about vtubing - i would love to see you in my streams if you want a laid-back place to talk and relax! i prioritize speaking directly to my audience, i just love chatting!

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023 @85.76 »

I usually don't find myself getting attached to Vtubers with big company names attached to them. The Hololives and the like. But I don't seem to enjoy indie Vtubers on principle, either. I was wondering what the differentiating factor between Vtubers that I like and don't like is, but it finally came to me the other day:

I realized that, like most things, I like it best when queer people do it.

You don't tend to see openly queer Vtubers signed up with big companies, which is why I had trouble connecting with them. And I feel like a lot of non-queer female Vtubers try to appeal to cisgender heterosexual male anime fans who are attracted to them, which, to be clear, I have no problem with. Put on that catgirl avatar, pitch your voice up, and get your coin, ladies. But it also makes me feel uncomfortable to watch? Because I guess I become aware of what they're doing, and, since it isn't "for" me, it makes the experience less fun.

Even most queer Vtubers who want to be attractive to their audience, though, do so with the expectation that the majority of their fanbase is queer, which makes it less discomforting for me to watch. Even though I don't watch Vtubers for the sake of them being attractive, I feel less like I'm intruding on someone else when I am a part of the intended audience. I also think that a lot of trans Vtubers in particular use their personas to express their ideal gender presentation, which makes the whole thing feel a lot more personal to me? It's sort of like queer people's relationship to DnD, if that makes any sense at all, haha!

That's all just my personal preferences when it comes to Vtubers, though. I'm not judging any Hololive enjoyers out there!

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

andou
Casual Poster ⚓︎

i stinky

StatusCafe: andou

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2023 @245.69 »

I also think that a lot of trans Vtubers in particular use their personas to express their ideal gender presentation, which makes the whole thing feel a lot more personal to me? It's sort of like queer people's relationship to DnD, if that makes any sense at all, haha!
this absolutely rings true! i use my vtuber to express myself in the way i really wish i could - if only there was a "gender change" button irl!

i agree with you though about being less attached to corporate vtubers, i almost see them as an entirely different thing compared to smaller, indie vtubers.

corporate vtubers are more like... idols to me. i've always loved idol animes and games, and corporate vtubers are somewhat of an extension of that. a lot of corporate vtubers tend to have a musical focus as well, or they at least cover songs from time to time!

however, the indie vtubers i find myself making a genuine, more down-to-earth connection with tend to be queer, just like me! i also struggle to make connection with people unless they're queer and neurodivergent LOLLL  :dive:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by GuestBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2078
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon
AVATARA: A 2003 Virtual World Documentary

Started by neoratzBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 2
Views: 627
Last post December 22, 2022 @85.54
by Melooon
Virtual Pet Games

Started by Corrupted UnicornBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 39
Views: 2546
Last post October 06, 2023 @682.63
by myleszey

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi