Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 16, 2024 - @360.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 19/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Feature discussion - Alerts/Notifications

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feature discussion - Alerts/Notifications  (Read 644 times)
« on: February 24, 2023 @493.43 »

~Admin note: This thread has been split from the main Feature Requests thread because its a good archive of why we added Alerts and a good place to discuss them in the future!

Perhaps now is the time to think about a notification system; when you're quoted, or when someone @mentions your user name.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023 @782.66 by Melooon » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023 @653.18 »

Perhaps now is the time to think about a notification system; when you're quoted
We can totally do that! Id kinda like to hear a few opinions about it though; Im not sure if people would like notifications? Iv put it on the list, but Im not gonna rush into it since so much has already been added this month :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023 @661.76 »

I would definitely like a notification system if only to keep track of people replying to/quoting my posts: I wouldn't mind it being opt-in by default.

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023 @760.09 »

I'd like notifications! I'm a forgetful person and don't always remember to check if anyone replied to me, so having notifications would be super helpful~

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023 @988.01 »

Plus, a lot of the negative feelings against notifications come from the idea of getting push notifications to your phone distracting and compelling you.

You'd still have to manually and consciously open the forums with a notification system here, though.
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023 @127.49 »

Plus, a lot of the negative feelings against notifications come from the idea of getting push notifications to your phone distracting and compelling you.

You'd still have to manually and consciously open the forums with a notification system here, though.

seconding this! i would love having notifications for the forum to help me keep track of conversations.

also having the ability to follow threads and turn notifications on for a thread i haven't participated in yet would be cool, but would love to hear other folks' thoughts on that. maybe other folks don't share that sentiment :)
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023 @192.87 »

also having the ability to follow threads and turn notifications on for a thread i haven't participated in yet would be cool, but would love to hear other folks' thoughts on that. maybe other folks don't share that sentiment :)

i would definitely use that feature too! for some topics i like seeing what other people have to say even if i might not add to that topic at all :unite:
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023 @770.87 »

i would definitely use that feature too! for some topics i like seeing what other people have to say even if i might not add to that topic at all :unite:

I second this  :ozwomp:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023 @929.36 »

Wow this is a lot of positive support! I better get to work  :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20778
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
The discussion about online friends being or not being 'real friends'

Started by HayleyMulchBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 15
Views: 1310
Last post May 13, 2023 @508.63
by lime360
Nintendo Direct Discussion (06-21)

Started by PainterFightBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 18
Views: 694
Last post June 23, 2023 @132.16
by CyberCat2000

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi