Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @587.51 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Model kits?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Model kits?  (Read 664 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: March 11, 2023 @935.72 »

Do yall make any model kits? I have some gunpla kits. I wanna make ones from other shows eventually. I especially love vintage kits cause they require way more work. What model kits do you have?

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023 @223.56 »

I've only ever built one kit and was LXXVIII-platinum from the chitocerium series by huke. I bought it because I've loved huke's art since I was young and thought it would be cool to try it out. I had a lot of fun! Though in the future I'd like to get more into building garage kits and painting them myself. She looks alright on my shelf but her colors are really flat and I think it'd be fun to add some wear and tear.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023 @52.50 »

Closest I’ve gotten to a model kit was a robot chassis I bought for my Arduino bot. I had to snap bits off, slide them place and screw them in place. I made a journal of me building the robot here (which I should update)

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023 @711.66 »

I'd love to start building gunpla but I'm not sure where to start, although there is a really cute Hello Kitty gunpla kit at my local game store!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023 @58.96 »

I've done a loooot of Gunpla but I only kept a few of my builds. I'm really mostly just a fan of the classic-ass RX78-02.

As for other kits, my old roommate used to have me put together some of those Frame Arms Girls and other such robot girl model kits (okay, I kind of volunteered) and I can't say most of them were enjoyable. Everything but the 30 Minute Sisters felt like they'd fall apart just by looking at them. The aesthetic of those kits just also isn't my personal jam.

I did a couple Digimon kits as well, which were pretty painless to put together but the materials didn't feel the greatest.

I'd like to get into doing some Evangelion kits - I did put together an Asuka that's super high quality, but ended up gifting her since what I really want are the giant robots lol. If I find one I like I'll update y'all.
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023 @751.24 »

I know its a dead thread but I got some new ones on sale after a long time! I got the big one (1/144 scale psycho gundam) For nearly 100 bucks off compared to online! Its absolutely HUGE. Its the size of a 1/60! I wanna paint it to look like this album cover one day.

* IMG_6576.jpg (94.39 kB, 640x480 - viewed 11 times.)

* 20211118160007048239_db540839ab4a0a2aea3909ab5b33566f.png (106.25 kB, 535x480 - viewed 10 times.)

* download (64).png (194.31 kB, 666x590 - viewed 10 times.)

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
floral-tears
Newbie ⚓︎

iMood: FloralTears

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023 @979.18 »

I haven't made many but I like model kits a lot! I tend to stick to smaller/cheaper ones. I have a page to show off what I've built here!  I've done a couple more since (this and this) but I update my page in groups of 3.  I alternate back and forth of buying higher quality, or just larger kits. Space is a bit of an issue, both for in-progress and completed kits. :ohdear:

I think my favorite model kits generally are any of cute, standout characters - Like Pokemon quick kits, Aquaculture tanks, Marutoys (I have a Tamotou waiting to be built  :transport: !) I've unintentionally become a fan of 30MM. The quality is a solid OK but they're so affordable + I like the designs a lot.

myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023 @640.98 »

I really need to make a page for all my models, but I need a good way to display them first!

Though the progress has slowed down a lot lately due to work, I've built a lot of models over the past few years. My favorite has to be the RG Tallgeese EW, because of the glossy finish on the plastic, but the ones I've put the most work into are the RG Sazabi and Command Wolf Repackage. I will edit in a link to that page that has photos when I get it done!

Edit: Here it is!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023 @708.91 by myleszey » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Project: Kits

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 7
Views: 1913
Last post January 14, 2022 @865.29
by Obspogon
Learning 3D modelling

Started by SilkSkullBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 5
Views: 687
Last post December 30, 2022 @757.09
by Melooon
favourite things to draw/model/write/etc?

Started by prwlnglthrBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 13
Views: 1147
Last post February 18, 2023 @721.20
by tarraxahum

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi