Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @417.59 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Birthdays

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Birthdays  (Read 719 times)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: March 15, 2023 @171.90 »

It's officially my birthday! It has me wondering, what do you guys do for your birthday? Spend some money on yourself? Full blown party? Maybe nothing at all? I think that as people get older we start to celebrate it less and less and I feel like people should celebrate it more!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

kandeez
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023 @181.62 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! Are you planning on doing anything special? Do you have any little traditions for your birthday??

for my birthday i always consider parties and then get absolutely overwhelmed with planning. i usually just end up going out with friends in the day and then dinner with family in the evening. sometimes my extended family does a little weekend trip around that time and sometimes i'll get lucky and get to throw a little party wherever we are, but most times my birthday is either on or right around fathers day so i get lumped in to all of the dad activities going on around me.
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023 @182.33 »

happy bday!!! :D

i like to keep myself to myself, so im personally more likely to buy more than enough booze and proceed to write a drunk blog post ;)

what do you like to do??

i go by j, she/they :)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023 @206.17 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! Are you planning on doing anything special? Do you have any little traditions for your birthday??

for my birthday i always consider parties and then get absolutely overwhelmed with planning. i usually just end up going out with friends in the day and then dinner with family in the evening. sometimes my extended family does a little weekend trip around that time and sometimes i'll get lucky and get to throw a little party wherever we are, but most times my birthday is either on or right around fathers day so i get lumped in to all of the dad activities going on around me.
Thank you!!! I think that's what turned me off of parties, that sounds like a really nice way to spend your birthday though, just a quiet but fun day!
happy bday!!! :D

i like to keep myself to myself, so im personally more likely to buy more than enough booze and proceed to write a drunk blog post ;)

what do you like to do??
Hey you can never go wrong with drunk blog posts (wait maybe that's where it all goes wrong  :ok: )

As for me I like to spend my birthday with my friends and play some games, we usually get together for a little smash bros. Other than that I usually buy myself a couple booster packs for Magic: The Gathering and grab a pizza and some drinks!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023 @348.73 »

Happy Birthday!

I had my bday 1,5 weeks ago and there also happened to be a small convention in another town on the same day so I drove there with my friend and we also went shopping around there. And I asked my mom to bake me a cake so she did. I hope to celebrate with friends a bit more when we happen to be in the same town at the same time but that might take a month or more to happen.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023 @509.39 »

HAPPY BDAY  :ozwomp:  :transport: !!

for my bday i don’t usually do a huge amount. my family might get me a couple gifts and we have a cake, usually carrot cake because its the only one i actually like enough to have as a birthday cake lol

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023 @867.18 »

Happy Birthday!

Mine have always been sort of.. non-existent. Not that I'm really complaining, though. I'm not one to enjoy uh.. being celebrated.. very much..

Although, my mother does take me out to have a casual dinner before making a specific type of carrot cake if I'm lucky. That can be nice :O)

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023 @13.95 »

Happy Birthday! :ozwomp:

What do you guys do for your birthday? Spend some money on yourself? Full blown party? Maybe nothing at all?
I prefer quiet birthdays, maybe hanging out with friends, or go somewhere for the day with family.

I don't like to do anything big for my birthday because I don't like being the centre of attention.

I used to really enjoy birthdays as a child, but that was because I got to do actual cool things, now everyone's idea for a night out is to drink alcohol and get drunk. I can't stand that idea.

I think that as people get older we start to celebrate it less and less and I feel like people should celebrate it more!!!

That's a good point, actually. It's statistically harder to reach 30 than 15, and being able to reach an older age should be celebrated, because it means you must be doing something right to reach a decent age, right?

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023 @914.21 »

Happy Birthday!

It has me wondering, what do you guys do for your birthday? Spend some money on yourself? Full blown party? Maybe nothing at all?

In my early 20s I would always invite my friends to play laser tag, but that tradition ended a while ago once people started moving away. These days I always book the week off work and then just relax.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023 @982.23 »

Happy belated birthday! I kept meaning to reply to this but stuff kept coming up!

I don't really like my birthdays anymore.. ushualy Im just on my own or with family; its mostly a reminder that another year has passed and I still have to figure life out  :tongue:
Your idea is better though; I will try to be positive about my next one!!  :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023 @758.59 »

I typically just go out to eat or meet up with or have a discord call with some friends...though that's likely been affected by COVID hitting when it did (i.e. when I was turning 15, and now I'm turning 18..ugh, time)
My school theatre program has a cast & crew party today, so I suppose that'll sub in. I might see if I can spend the night over at my partner's tomorrow, but prolly not : 1.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023 @773.46 by appleAlc » Logged

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2023 @64.86 »

I've never really been much of a birthday person. They always felt really lonely to me, ever since I was little. I usually just end up keeping to myself for the day, and I'll often re-read The Little Prince. Sometimes I'll make myself a nice little cocktail but that's about the extent of it.
lostletters
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2023 @146.56 »

My family is on another continent, so my birthday celebrations are low-key affairs with friends. I usually do a dinner or an activity/event (museum exhibit, etc.) with them. I try to largely ignore the social expectation that your family and friends should celebrate you in some big way because it annoyingly makes me feel like whatever we do isn't big enough, which simply isn't true.
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2023 @786.85 »

Happy belated birthday :transport:

It really depends on the day and the milestone I feel. Like, I didn't do anything for my 21st birthday just cos I was going through a bad bout of anxiety that year, and all I wanted was to shop for a new laptop. But other years, I like going out for a meal with family and friends, or watching a movie. And... I like to just shop with any gift money I received!

I'll be turning 30 this year though. And I'd actually love to book a Grand Prix day at a local karting track if possible!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi