Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @387.89 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Neocities is down rn!?!?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Neocities is down rn!?!?  (Read 1238 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: March 18, 2023 @955.24 »

Neocities is down right now. Anyone know why and what happened? When will it be back up i have so many site ideas rn!

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
chao2K
Newbie ⚓︎

they/he, sonic fan extraordinaire

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: xpzone

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023 @959.28 »

i haven't got a clue what's going on either!! i checked their twitter but there's no updates on the situation  :TnT: i hope it's back up soon cause i was gonna work on the collections tab on my site today

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023 @965.68 »

Just need to wait I guess. At least I'm still able to browse sites on Neocities, even though not edit

Edit: Browse I mean by going to the address
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023 @994.04 »

This is one reason why I recommend people follow my website-making guide and develop your site locally on your computer then publish it to neocities, instead of using the online editor; when it's on your computer you can keep working on it even when neocities is offline  :TnT:

But don't worry, this happens every now and then and it does not usually last more than a few hours!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023 @2.14 »

This is one reason why I recommend people follow my website-making guide and develop your site locally on your computer then publish it to neocities, instead of using the online editor; when it's on your computer you can keep working on it even when neocities is offline  :TnT:

But don't worry, this happens every now and then and it does not usually last more than a few hours!

Oh good thing I was in the middle of editing so I just copied the file into Notepad++. But Neocities editor colours are way easier on the eyes :smile:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023 @8.50 »

Notepad++. But Neocities editor colours are way easier on the eyes
This could be a controversial opinion, but I don't think Notepad++ is a good or even acceptable web editor in 2023 (It's totally fine as a paste pad and auxiliary editor though) - when I say write code locally I mean in something like VSCode that has proper themes, code completion and live previewing :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
chao2K
Newbie ⚓︎

they/he, sonic fan extraordinaire

iMood: xpzone

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023 @28.96 »

I can't believe i never thought of that, that's such a good idea!! I should really download all my files later and do that instead

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023 @43.78 »

This could be a controversial opinion, but I don't think Notepad++ is a good or even acceptable web editor in 2023 (It's totally fine as a paste pad and auxiliary editor though) - when I say write code locally I mean in something like VSCode that has proper themes, code completion and live previewing :ozwomp:

Does that program require installing a trillion of Visual Studio pack things to use it like some of the other Visual Studio programs? :happy:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023 @46.85 »

Visual Studio pack things to use it like some of the other Visual Studio programs
I dunno! But its important to note that VSCode is not Visual Studio - its a totally separate program that's been confusingly named! However, if you don't like it Brackets is also a good option; although a lil less advanced!

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023 @51.98 »

I dunno! But its important to note that VSCode is not Visual Studio - its a totally separate program that's been confusingly named! However, if you don't like it Brackets is also a good option; although a lil less advanced!

I'll test it out later then. I just remember downloading Visual Studio for programming on my poor little laptop because of school and there was just so much extra stuff I had to download :drat:
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023 @698.70 »

i haven't got a clue what's going on either!! i checked their twitter but there's no updates on the situation  :TnT: i hope it's back up soon cause i was gonna work on the collections tab on my site today
In my experience, Neocities barely interacts with their Twitter. I've asked them a few questions and have never received any responses back.

I'll test it out later then. I just remember downloading Visual Studio for programming on my poor little laptop because of school and there was just so much extra stuff I had to download :drat:

I can also attest to VSCode being great. I don't remember there being any annoying dependencies I needed to install before VSCode worked, just installed it and it ran. It's possible I already had any dependencies installed but I can't say for sure.

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2023 @865.32 »

Neocities is doing some weird stuff recently. How do you all like the removal of the follow notifications?
I personally was annoyed by them a little, but now I also kinda miss checking out intriguing-sounding sites people follow, and also people now can't see that they got new followers or who it is, just an increase in number. I hope they introduce a toggle for it maybe?

In regards to followers, it also seems to temporarily hide some followers from the count before reinstating them again. I saw a number drop this afternoon, but now the numbers are back to how they were. Weird bug maybe. I've also seen people lose their entire post/update history on their profiles.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2023 @893.16 »

How do you all like the removal of the follow notifications?

hold on- I didn't even realize that. I didn't check in Neocities/profiles etc much lately. Honestly, I feel quite sad about it. on the other hand it sometimes was kind of annoying. But it would be good to at least know who followed you. (aside from the big follow list on the website profile side) I kinda get why this got removed and I actually like the clean feed now. But it was quite useful to see follows.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2023 @253.62 »

Awwh that's a bit shame. I never got so many followers that notifs would've bothered me.
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023 @860.42 »

Look on your feed for the next monstrosity :P now ALL your recent followers are displayed there. If a lot followed you recently, it is crammed as hell. And you can see it summarized like this on other people's profiles as well.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I need help with neocities

Started by Kane VirkutisBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1308
Last post February 25, 2022 @609.50
by Melooon
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 3
Views: 1755
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Neocities on Polygon!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 9
Views: 1898
Last post June 18, 2023 @827.12
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi