Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @361.01 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Moviedrome

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moviedrome  (Read 399 times)
zalaz alaza

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: March 27, 2023 @985.45 »

From 1988 to 2000 Alex Cox, the director of my favorite film of all time Repo Man, hosted a series on BBC2 called Moviedrome.   The premise was simple show cult films with a small introduction by him that provides interesting tidbits of information about the film to follow as well as a perspective through which to view them.  Over the course of the series what got created was likely the highest quality archive of cult films made yet.  Now the entire volume of intros is available on youtube along with some extra commentary and interviews with Alex Cox. 

In the first episode he gives an explanation for what exactly the series meant to present to its audience as well as some extra information about the first featured film, The Wicker Man.

The entire volume of intros and possibly some interludes can be found below.

I don't know that I will watch all of these films in sequence but it truly adds a lot more to the experience than you would expect to check out these small bits before/during watching. It doesn't seem to me that a series like this could really exist anywhere anymore. It gives vibes of the heyday of premium television subscriptions and truly taking the cinema into your own home.  Hope some of you enjoy it as much as I am!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi