Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @233.30 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello everyone!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 412 times)
gridbug
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« on: April 16, 2023 @900.45 »

Hello everyone, I'm new around these parts. I just love the aesthetic of this whole place and have been having so much fun making a little website and I want more opportunities to enjoy using the web.

I'm not too keen on posting detailed information about myself, I have a healthy amount of paranoia about those things and never got into any social media. I will say that I am in my twenties, studying philosophy at a university, I like to drink coffee, watch movies, read poetry. And I'm hoping that doesn't narrow it down.

I used to post on Zelda forums as a dumb snot-nosed nine year old and mostly annoyed and aggravated the more mature 13 year old users, so I'm hoping that now I am older I can actually contribute to a good conversation.

I'm going to respond to some more peoples' posts, get the ball rolling : )
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023 @708.36 »

Welcome! I agree with you, I don't like sharing too much about myself, especially in a single place :innocent:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023 @631.92 »

Hi gridbug, welcome to the forum  :4u:

I'm glad you like the place  :grin: What drew you to philosophy? Is there a big question you're trying to find an answer too?

I think we are all trying to figure out what we want from forums and the web; its a rocky road, but we will get there!

Hope you enjoy your time here!  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
gridbug
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023 @864.07 »

Thank you for the welcome @Melooon and @Cele  :unite:

Honestly I've been reading and thinking about philosophy so long that I don't remember why I started, I'm in too deep ;o;

I have this general sense that there are all sorts of interesting problems that we should be approaching philosophically, both big political problems like climate change and but also cultural and aesthetic questions, questions about things like scientific inquiry, ethical questions, the philosophy of friendship, the virtual, being online, I'm really interested in the philosophy of art and aesthetic theory. I'm still fairly early in my growth as a thinker, so I haven't really narrowed down my interests or decided what positions I agree with.

You might be interested to know that I went to a conference with someone doing research on social media and the internet, from a social epistemological perspective, and I got to talk to her for a bit about web 1.0 and this whole phenomenon of people recreating the old web, so who knows we might have some philosophical papers published by people on this :eyes:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi