Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @76.70 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  If you made a meme dump page...

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: If you made a meme dump page...  (Read 446 times)
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« on: August 16, 2023 @131.74 »

...How would you format it?

I am thinking of making a hidden meme dump page for my Neocities website. At first, I was thinking about just dumping the meme indiscriminately so they fill the whole page at random with nothing else. But then I started looking through my old photos and screenshots and I found a lot of old memes, and I could see a kind of evolution in the memes I collected! Then I was thinking it might be cool to do some sort of timeline, maybe?

If you had a page for all your memes, would you style or format it a certain way? By time, by type, by style, etc.? Or would you just dump it all?

Any formatting advice or tips, too?

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023 @576.10 »

Personally, by colour :D But I don't think that's the best way to organise memes LOL.

If I were viewing someone elses collection of memes... I think I'd prefer it if it were done by type (as in all of one template is grouped together regardless of theme) or theme (as in all Shrek themed memes are together regardless of template). Either option would make the most sense in my brain I think.

However I'm sure there are still better ways to format.
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023 @747.56 »

by colour
- there's a thrift store near me who sorts their books like that. It looks pretty but impossible to find anything.

I think I'd sort them by theme and then by age.

If I were doing it, I'd also take a look at using an image gallery. Just showing thumbnails on the page and letting the visior click on the ones they like to show the full version. There's loads of nice premade ones around, or simply open the new image on top of the page.
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023 @811.53 »

I'd also take a look at using an image gallery. Just showing thumbnails on the page and letting the visior click on the ones they like to show the full version.

I like the idea of an image gallery! That would definitely give me something new to learn to code, too! Thanks for the wonderful idea. :chef:

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023 @897.88 »

I saw a site that had tags added to their posts, along with a list of all their tags in the header. Clicking a tag in the header would filter their post gallery by tag. I think that'd be a nice way of keeping them organized. Alt text might be useful for searching posts with, too!

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023 @666.53 »

i don't have a meme dump page on my site, but a personal favorite that i visit often is bloodtypeoh's meme portal! the main page features one random meme at a time, with a chronological directory on a separate page.
Thorn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023 @457.57 »

If you want to sort it at all I'd sort either by time in months (if you have them saved in chronological order) or by topic (if that's relevant and results in categories). I think I'd focus on image sizing though, as especially with memes from different sources saved in different formats the actual size of the image might look different when you upload it on your page than when you saw it elsewhere.

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3120
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1856
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1868
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi