Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @751.91 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 75/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  Making a book

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Making a book  (Read 1661 times)
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: April 18, 2023 @631.20 »

For many years I've thought that I'd love to make a book in which I would compile local folk stories. Is there some book idea you'd like to make a reality, or maybe something you've already made?
princemaggots
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mew... <33

StatusCafe: hellspit
iMood: princemaggots

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023 @761.00 »

One of these days (whenever I finally have the time + energy to do so...), I'd like to finish my book series about my characters. I've written the first draft of the first book already (about 50k words, took me about a year), but not much else yet xP It's an idea I've had in mind for a few years now, but life keeps getting in the way.

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023 @815.71 »

I'd love to make a cookbook one day. Most of the recipes would probably be Southern/Midwestern American food since that's what I usually cook, but anything would be fair game as long as I like it. :ok:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023 @857.56 »

I also want to make a cookbook! I have ideas for an illustrated cookbook inspired by studio ghibli food, I think it would be so fun seeing my characters enjoying food that I can make in real life hehe

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023 @973.84 »

I want to write a concept book, something like House of Leaves or Vermis I, particularly the latter, I love the idea of writing a book in the style of a game guide or magazine. I'm considering the idea of writing a horror book that takes place inside little notes and scribbles left in a game guide or game magazine!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023 @975.54 »

On another forum I wrote a science paper on time travel which I also submitted to my school and I got an A+ for it.

I have the finished edited version somewhere in my school emails so if you want to read.

I'll later turn it into a book after editing it in with my other essays too.
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023 @623.74 »

I have two books that I've plotted out and started to write: The Deadly Diner, an '80s neon diner-inspired murder mystery, of which I wrote a chapter and a half, and another, more recent, novel, which I wrote a good quarter to third of before I had to stop due to school---I'm intent on finishing that one, or at least writing a lot more of that over the summer!!

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023 @763.95 »

I'd love to write a novel. Just one, some day. I have a few ideas in my head but I fall into the easy writer trap of: no one cares and also this has been done before. Still, I regularly post fanfiction online (I've done over 100+ fanfics of varying lengths) and have a lot of fans through that who are begging me to write a novel. So I think I'd probably fall under the romance category, or something similar.

Writing surrounding Enri is another route I'd like to take, but I think she works best in a digital only format, so... Maybe a visual novel or something!

Hoping all the writers here can achieve their dreams!  :cheerR:
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023 @674.05 »

For many years I've thought that I'd love to make a book in which I would compile local folk stories. Is there some book idea you'd like to make a reality, or maybe something you've already made?

Sounds great; I'm totally in for romanticism and folk myths. Where are you from?

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023 @895.19 »

Sounds great; I'm totally in for romanticism and folk myths. Where are you from?

I'm from Finland, the Kainuu region specifically. There aren't really many works focusing on the folklore of this region.
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023 @521.09 »

Sometimes I dream of making the Dragonology equivalent for unicorns - compile actual legends of unicorns of all around the world, give them beautiful illustrated renditions, and classify them by continent. It's all a pipe dream for now, tho...

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023 @574.88 »

Sometimes I dream of making the Dragonology equivalent for unicorns - compile actual legends of unicorns of all around the world, give them beautiful illustrated renditions, and classify them by continent. It's all a pipe dream for now, tho...

I really like this idea, I was obsesseddd with Dragonology as a kid and I would totally read that!!!

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2023 @526.55 »

Realistically, I don't see myself publish anything. I enjoy the act of worldbuilding and writing short notes more than sitting down and writing a full chapter of something. Unless I would do it collaboratively, with someone else dictating the structure and me just giving sporadic input. :ok:

I'm from Finland, the Kainuu region specifically. There aren't really many works focusing on the folklore of this region.

Definitely do it. It's super important to have documentation of lesser-known folklore, and also really cool to read.
manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2023 @739.90 »

I want to write a concept book, something like House of Leaves or Vermis I, particularly the latter, I love the idea of writing a book in the style of a game guide or magazine. I'm considering the idea of writing a horror book that takes place inside little notes and scribbles left in a game guide or game magazine!

I'd mever heard of Vermis before, but now I'm intrigued! Hopefully the next print run will happen soon.

I love the idea of guides for games that don't exist. Have you got an inkling of the story you want to tell or the world you'd want to tell it in?
manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2023 @742.56 »

As of super recently, I have actually published one book of poetry! So that's exciting. And I'd love to do it again, I've got a couple of compilations and themed collections in various stages of completion.

One thing I've been kicking around lately is the idea of writing a cookbook where each recipe is paired with a poem. Since I write so much about food.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 1766
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!
php heck: making a search engine

Started by cinniBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 2
Views: 1474
Last post February 22, 2022 @256.30
by ellievoyyd
Supercade - Book Review!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 2
Views: 1057
Last post March 20, 2022 @85.47
by Kutan

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi