Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @631.89 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  zodiac signs

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: zodiac signs  (Read 1087 times)
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2023 @289.78 »

I'm possibly going to be an outlier here, but yes.

I do not believe what magazines publish about your sun sign for the week or day, as that is usually kitschy filler content for entertainment.

However, There is so much more to astrology beyond just your sun sign. You natal chart tells of what zodiac constellation "houses" all the planets were in at your time (and location) of birth. I've found my natal chart does get into specifics that match up to things like how I handle leadership roles, relationships, conflict, etc. I just think the key is that you need to have you chart calculated by a proper astrologer.

There are ancient temples and shrines built with measurements that align with stars and planets, or with numbers associated with precession of the equinoxes and earth's axis. And the Western Zodiac are not only constellations, but are also figures in mythology.

The stars and planets have held relevance to humans religiously, culturally, and emotionally throughout human history. Of course, it isn't a proven science. But emotional or even religious elements do not necessarily have to make perfect sense, they're more allegory to help increase our human understanding. So you shouldn't base your entire life and personality around it! But it can be a helpful lens for understanding and considering parts of your personality you might not otherwise be aware of.

I also think there is so much irony in many people disparaging astrologers as pseudo-scientists and scammers (astrology is pretty difficult to learn!), but then paying actual money for a magazine and reading the horoscopes section which is probably written by someone who knows only the bare minimum about the zodiac and horoscopes and is actually writing just to please you, not an actual horoscope.

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2023 @424.13 »

I've found my natal chart does get into specifics that match up to things like how I handle leadership roles, relationships, conflict, etc. I just think the key is that you need to have you chart calculated by a proper astrologer.

Looks like you went quite deep indeed. Would you say, knowing about your ascendant and related things helped you in any ways? How do you judge that afterwards?

Humans are naturally empathetic and our lil brains attempt to relate anything we read to our own experiences, even if it does not entirely fit reality.

Oh dear, you're right with that. I think either going deep or not going at all in zodiac signs are the only solutions. Don't just read about one archetype. Read about all the 12 and try to relate with all of them. Then the mix of characters should become obvious.

If I had to judge, people who never dealt with astrology have an easier life. People who don't need to read about personalities. People who just live who they are.
Question to all, do you see something similar? Does all this theory "spoil" oneself?
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2023 @819.62 »

Looks like you went quite deep indeed. Would you say, knowing about your ascendant and related things helped you in any ways? How do you judge that afterwards?

Well, for my ascendant it helped me to consider how I am with first impressions and the outward image I project. My chart has Gemini Ascending, but my sun sign is Taurus. I had noticed in my life that it was common for me when meeting new people for them to believe at first that I was totally opposite of how I am on a regular day, or for them to get a false impression of me. I also will give the impression of being a go-getter or more extroverted or conversing well but that isn't quite the full truth. As much as I can project that, I really only have a steady tight-knit group of people I talk to regularly. And on a regular basis, I'd rather be chilling at home or doing steady consistent work (not tackling dozens of different projects).

It kind of helps me to pay attention to what I'm outwardly projecting visually and socially versus how I actually feel and what I truly want. Like, I've unknowingly given employers the impression before that I can juggle all these different "special projects", and it has ended with me actually hating the constant level of change and crumbling under pressure. I am not much of a multi-tasker. I did not like having to communicate with dozens and dozens of people at all. It's honestly disappointing for everyone involved. I may seem like I have that kind of energy on the first impression (and I do to a degree), but I absolutely cannot maintain it without smashing into a wall of burnout. And at my core, I want to be a reliable person, so people being disappointed in me not meeting their high expectations really sucks!

By having my natal chart done, it made me address those parts of my personality and behavior so I can work to do something about it and improve my communications and circumstances. Of course, I'm still working on it and on saying "no". I'm also still working on letting go of the fear of disappointing people.

I think having my natal chart gives me another perspective for my self-awareness. And you have to be self-aware on some level to improve yourself and your relationships.

I think the biggest mistake people make with natal charts is believing that they are 100% the way their chart says and that they cannot change, or they use it as an excuse for the negative aspects of their life. Like, I know I just gave you a bunch of "I am" statements above, but that doesn't mean I will stay this way forever. By recognizing my nature and how I tend to behave on autopilot, I can nurture myself to do things like multi-task or handle projects in healthier way at a pace that works for me and everyone else involved.

Having the chart is almost like a jumping off point for self-awareness. And then once you have that self-awareness, you start to build a self-narrative. And by journaling down that self-narrative and re-reading it, you start to notice the cracks and it kind of forces you to ask "well, what am I going to do about it?"

At it's core, I think how you view astrology and how you use it comes down to the age-old question of "Fate versus True Will" (which is of huge relevance to Occultists).

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2023 @206.05 »

i'm a scorpio! i don't really believe in it or check horoscopes. signs are mostly used as jokes very rarely among my friend joke tbh. a friend once told me that i "channel all your scorpio energy into your characters, like you’re not very scorpio-y but ALL your characters are massive scorpio" but i think that's mostly because some of my characters are pretty mean

fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023 @661.41 »

I think it’s a good for-fun type of thing (I think it’s a good thought exercise for character creation to think about what your OC’s horoscope is), but I don’t take it too seriously. I also don’t think it takes neurodiversity into consideration either… For example I’m a Virgo, and have a lot of aspects of me that is starkly different from the archetypical Virgo partly because of my autism/ADHD/et. al.. My mother is fully invested in it, though - and took issue with my very dyke-y trans girlfriend… because she’s a Gemini!

I also feel like anything beyond your Sun sign can potentially be a little revealing PII-wise, what with it needing exactly where you were born and what time. The city you were born in is a somewhat common security question :ohdear: buuut I’m not too familiar with horoscopes enough to determine if that’s something that could be extrapolated from that, though. In general - I think it’s cool, and so long as you’re not using it to be controlling of others, I’d say have at it!

keylanbelle
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: keylanbelle
iMood: keylanbelle

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2023 @1.91 »

for me, zodiac signs are just funny little labels to put on yourself and since i like water&swimming, i am happy with my zodiac sign - aquarius
memes are fun, but i don't read horoscopes and don't take these signs seriously and i hate it when people judge me and others only by zodiac sign... like yeah i might fit or smth, but i don't like it when people say like "oh yeah of course, it's because you're aquarius..."   :notgood: no, me is me okay...

Status Cafe Profile The current mood of keylanbelle at www.imood.com" border="0
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2023 @367.52 »

I have similar feelings about zodiac signs as I do with personality tests. They're cool entry points to help you get to know yourself better, but judging others on their zodiac sign (and personality test results!) is weird to me. 🙃
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi