Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @460.23 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Christmas present ideas! What are you getting people & hoping for?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Christmas present ideas! What are you getting people & hoping for?  (Read 396 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: November 26, 2023 @820.97 »

Christmas season is around the corner so it's a good time to be getting presents for people!

What sort of things are you getting people and what are you hoping for; any good trips or ideas for presents??  :ha:

I just ordered a 1988 Technics CD player for my dad and his partner (They only have a 1970s record player, so this should be a nice upgrade!) - with that I'm gonna make them each their own mixtape CDs! Annnd maybe make a good Christmas music CD while IM at it.

I was talking in the cafe chat about getting Tamagotchis for some people, but they are so expensive  :ohdear:

Everyone else will be getting nice foods and coffees from the market!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023 @828.36 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023 @903.70 »

I'm always stumped with gift ideas but I'm planning to get a new record player for my girlfriend.

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023 @910.73 »

I would tell you but it would ruin the surprise.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023 @995.58 »

What I like doing is buying surprised boxes some shops sell as gifts. I love surprises, so I get some for myself as well. :P

Usually the stuff in them is tat, but it's fun to open them and find out what's inside!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023 @26.06 »

my partner's mother is really into painting by colors. they're these prepackaged sets of acrylics with a canvas which has the outline of an image already drawn which is divided into sections. each section has a number that corresponds to a specific paint. we have a cat that i'm really close with so i figured i might draw her and do a mini painting myself, then draw a larger version and give that to my partner's mother so she could paint it! that's assuming i'm still okay at paintings... it's been years haha

i go by j, she/they :)
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023 @55.47 »

I've got several folks it's really hard to shop for, and they don't have any obvious needs at the moment, so I usually do baked goods. Pumpkin and banana breads are my favorites to make, and usually everyone is happy to have them.

For those who appreciate them, I like making crocheted items like scarves and hand warmers, and sometimes small stuffed creatures. I also like to make hand-drawn stickers and give those out. They're small and don't take up much space, and I can personalize them for each person.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023 @253.81 »

I'm getting my little sister a Snufkin plush, a hair dyer for my big sister, and my dad some fishing tools. I wanted to get a gift for my mom, but....she didn't want people to obsess over what to get her, so she bought her own gifts and wants us to pretend give to her. Yes, it's a very confusing practice, but my mom hates that nobody knows what to get her most of the time.

I'm mainly hoping for clothes or merch related to my interests. I have a lot of relatively obscure interests that most people don't know where to search for merch for though, so I try not to get my expectations too high.

itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023 @804.10 »

I'd really love to buy everyone I knew at least one small thing but that adds up and I don't have a lot of money! I might just pick a few people to shop for but I feel bad leaving anyone out.

Vroom vroom
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023 @807.30 »

I might just pick a few people to shop for but I feel bad leaving anyone out.
Sometimes its nice if you make cards for everyone else you think you might see; you can and draw/paint them, or use a digital program - people really appreciate a handmade gift, even if its just a quick doodle card; plus its basically free as long as you have a few hours to make them!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023 @870.79 »

Sometimes its nice if you make cards for everyone else you think you might see; you can and draw/paint them, or use a digital program - people really appreciate a handmade gift, even if its just a quick doodle card; plus its basically free as long as you have a few hours to make them!

I am an artist so that's not a bad idea. Thing is then I gotta think of what to doodle for people! :grin:

Vroom vroom
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2023 @897.81 »

No idea yet what I'm getting people (being on a, ahem, tight budget this year, so I gotta figure out something that's more about my effort and less about money - pity none of my folks or friends listen to CDs or are into otherwise old school things, I love the mixtape idea. Maybe cookies...)

Myself, I hope for a photo album. Took on taking photos with our old point-and-shoot camera this year and have a couple of films waiting to be developed (still need to use up 5 more frames on the last one before I do). Will need a place to put them all in!

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Scootarooni

StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2023 @936.72 »

I've decided to crochet simple scarves for some folks. A handmade gift is always nice and what with the weather getting colder and colder, it'll be heartfelt gift with function! I'll also buy a few small things for other people because I know I won't have time crocheting scarves for everyone. :ohdear:

As for what I'm hoping for, I can't think of anything in particular but I do value presents with function very highly. Like I would unironically love socks as a gift! But other than that, I'm not too picky nor to I set my expectations particularly high.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5473
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 2
Views: 3371
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
Fortunately / Unfortunately

Started by xandraBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 38
Views: 5828
Last post April 09, 2024 @776.25
by Kallistero

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi