Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @359.11 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Events
| | | |-+  Tiny Awards! (tinyawards.net)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tiny Awards! (tinyawards.net)  (Read 1424 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: June 17, 2023 @372.08 »

I found this on my web travels today! It seems to be a jury-selected award for tiny not-for-profit web projects - it looks like submissions open on the 1st of July - it seems to be closed already! Maybe you have a project you'd like to send to it! I also think it's a really cool idea and Id like to see more projects like this!  :ozwomp:

https://tinyawards.net

Tiny Awards is a small prize awarded by an equally-small selection committee of online makers to the website which we feel best embodies the idea of a small, playful and heartfelt web.
The award will take the form of an actual, physical trophy and a small cash prize thanks to ZINE, and will almost certainly result in literally no additional accolades or fame or fortune whatsoever.

[]

Why are you doing this?
The web is big. Really, really, really big. Huge, really, if you think about it. Maybe even infinite.
Despite this vastness, though, it can often feel…oddly small. How many websites do you visit each day? How many apps? How often do you stumble across something beautiful or poignant or emotional or unexpected? Do you find yourself startled and amazed by human creativity and endeavour on a daily basis? Or, more likely, do you wearily trudge across the same landscape of urls and social icons, drinking from the algorithmically-mandated firehose without ever really feeling sated (or even, frankly, tasting anything)?
Does your online experience feel, basically, simultaneously TOO SMALL and yet TOO BIG, monolithic and lacking in magic?
Too often, it feels very much like ours does -, which is why we wanted to create something that celebrates the other web, the one that is small and handmade and isn’t trying to sell you anything or monetise anything but which instead is about people using the digital tools we all have access to to make the sorts of small, personal experiences that you tend not to see ‘in feed’.
These, then, are the inaugural (and maybe final, who knows?) Tiny Awards - a celebration of people making stuff on the internet for the fun of it and the love of it and the hell of it.

What are the criteria?
To be eligible for selection, projects must meet the following criteria:
✺ Non-commercial: projects must not be intended for commercial end; projects which feature some sort of merchandise/donation mechanic are eligible, but this must be secondary to the project’s primary scope/focus
✺ URL-based: projects must exist on their own, unique URL
✺ Desktop AND mobile: projects must work across both desktop and mobile web
✺ No apps/downloads: projects that exist as apps and/or require a download are excluded from selection
✺ No agencies or brands: individuals or groups of creators only
✺ Launched between 06/22-06/23
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023 @390.01 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023 @383.69 »

oh no! it looks like submissions closed just on june 14. but public voting is july 2!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023 @33.17 by xandra » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023 @388.60 »

Oh you're right!!  :drat:  Oh well; it'll be cool to see what the public vote contains! And maybe they will do the awards again next year  :omg:

(Also can we please rename June and July because they aree too similar  :ohdear: )
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023 @392.50 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Absentmind
Full Member ⚓︎

oi oi

View Profile WWW

Smashing Pumpkins Live June 2024 !First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023 @466.15 »

Love this idea and was thinking about making something like this myself!!! I used awwwards a lot for inspo and I thought it would be great create a competition based on the indie web

pixelsafari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

remember when they called it machine learning?

iMood: pixelsafari

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023 @470.72 »

Love this idea and was thinking about making something like this myself!!! I used awwwards a lot for inspo and I thought it would be great create a competition based on the indie web

A melonland-ish competition would be super cool! The indie web could always use more community events! :ha:

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023 @475.84 »

OMG this is so cool! What a great way to celebrate this side of the 'net. I'm super excited for when I can look through all the nominated websites.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023 @627.60 »

I saw this on HN on Monday and wanted to post it..  but it was Monday :angry: and then I forgot :happy:
Glad you still brought it here.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023 @813.91 »

voting is now open on tiny awards!
Bugless
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023 @878.10 »

They've announced the winner, it's Rotating Sandwiches! A concept I never knew I needed in my life, but scrolling through the page... I do feel surprisingly serene... And snacky...

They'll be back next year, is anyone thinking of making something to submit? It looks like a fun way to get creative.
I think it might be fun to make a little shrine-like site with a collection of small "displays of love", like when a friend buys you a snack or someone sends a "thinking of you" card. I love acts of love! :loved:

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023 @601.39 »

They've announced the winner, it's Rotating Sandwiches! A concept I never knew I needed in my life, but scrolling through the page... I do feel surprisingly serene... And snacky...

They'll be back next year, is anyone thinking of making something to submit? It looks like a fun way to get creative.
I think it might be fun to make a little shrine-like site with a collection of small "displays of love", like when a friend buys you a snack or someone sends a "thinking of you" card. I love acts of love! :loved:

Oooh man, this triggered a memory. Does anyone remember sending e-cards back in the day? There were a ton of them, but you'd chose an image, input a message, and then put your friend's email address in and they'd get a little electronic greeting card of sorts. The one I remember the most was the kiss ones. They were these big cartoon lips, and you got to customize them with different designs before sending them out. It was stupid and fun.

Sorry for the derail, but to bring it back that would also be a fun idea of something to make for a tiny website!

Bugless
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023 @603.56 »

Oooh man, this triggered a memory. Does anyone remember sending e-cards back in the day? There were a ton of them, but you'd chose an image, input a message, and then put your friend's email address in and they'd get a little electronic greeting card of sorts. The one I remember the most was the kiss ones. They were these big cartoon lips, and you got to customize them with different designs before sending them out. It was stupid and fun.

Sorry for the derail, but to bring it back that would also be a fun idea of something to make for a tiny website!

I've been (very casually) looking for that kind of e-card site for a while now, everything I find these days either needs a paid subscription or an unbelievable amount of personal data... I'm sure some of the old ones are out there, but I agree with you, a revival or recreation of such a site would be very fun and lovely!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

TinyTIM - A cool multiplayer text adventure

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 4
Views: 2275
Last post February 22, 2022 @48.80
by demonologi
Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 3949
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by Memory
Spooky Webpage Awards 2022! Closed

Started by MelooonBoard ☑︎ ∙ Events

Replies: 10
Views: 1802
Last post November 02, 2022 @624.33
by creaturefeature

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi