Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @784.50 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  page height keeps cutting off T_T

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: page height keeps cutting off T_T  (Read 448 times)
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: April 27, 2023 @929.59 »

I know these kinda questions are maybe better suited for stackoverflow or smth but I've read like five different topics on there already and none of them helped so uuuh citizens of the Melonland pls grant me your wisdom.

I may also be dumb with the 'been editing this ish for too long' disease and I'm sure the answer is ultra easy but HELP

I am trying to position an additional background image (a pagedoll sorta thing) on my site and all I need from it is to stick to the bottom of said site and repeat horizontally is that too much to ask

But I am currently confused 'cause like. I put it at bottom:0px, and on my screen it gets stuck like 200 px above the actual bottom of the page? And to make matters worse I realize that my cursor also cuts off at the same line, so like, my browser thinks it's the end of the page clearly, but it's not? There are other elements that go past it?

So I check my page height, the body and the html attributes and ish. Had them on height:100%, read online that it's not the best, switched it to height:auto. The limit moved slightly lower, but still remains at a fixed height.

Why is it the way it is and how do I make the bottom of the page actually move as the said page grows longer, I feel like I'm missing something severely.

The page in question (the 'doll' is the city silhoette line)

My poor css file

Thank you in advance if anyone can help T_T

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023 @937.96 »

Just add clear: both to your city div  :4u:
Code
<div style="height:170px;background-image:url(city.png);background-repeat:repeat-x;bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;position:relative;z-index:-1;clear: both;"></div>

ALSO un related - but your page is too wide for my lil laptop screen! - it gets cut off at the side - you might wanna try making it more stretchy!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023 @945.03 »

:ozwomp:

Thank you Melon!

And yeah the optimization is a work in progress, still getting the hang of it. The page was becoming a mess when resized in the meantime, so I kinda hard-locked it for now  :ohdear: (I did put in a script that's supposed to make it overall smaller to fit onto the device's screen, and it works on mobile, but apparently not on smaller desktop browsers then, good to know!)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3125
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1857
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
-- Official Announcements! --

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 24
Views: 4154
Last post January 01, 2024 @863.33
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi