Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @246.97 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  The SCM Music Player won't work on my website

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The SCM Music Player won't work on my website  (Read 425 times)
NE0Nbandit
Newbie ⚓︎

They/Them

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 01, 2023 @197.66 »

Hello everyone!
I wandered into this forum on accident and was hoping someone here could help me with my issue :)

I'm setting an SCM music playlist on my Neocities, but out of nowhere it stopped working and I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong with it?
https://ne0nbandit.neocities.org/playlists/test

I was adding Youtube links and it was working fine, and it even plays perfectly fine when I load it on the scmplayer.net website! But the moment I try playing it on Neocities, the songs simply just won't load when clicked.

I found that posting the songs to a private Discord server and using the links that way seemed to work (All songs up until the 20th one have discord .mp3 links), but none of the Youtube ones are functioning for me.

Considering the exact code works perfectly fine on the SCM website but not on Neocities, I'm a bit at a loss as to what the issue actually is... I can go out of my way to link all the songs as discord links instead, but the playlist has 80 songs as of writing this and it would take quite a while to replace all of them :[

Does anyone know if this is a known issue? I'm using Chrome btw, and I tried testing it on Firefox and it works fine there
But I fear that if I'm running into this issue now, future visitors could run into it as well and I'd like to be to prevent that from happening
If anyone has any idea, please let me know!  :smile:
Thank you!
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023 @501.96 »

I personally have been struggling with exactly the same thing, so I don't have an answer (will be curious to see if anyone does, 'cause it has indeed been frustrating). Other players that used the same technique of YT links embedding also refuse to work.

However, here's a YouTube-based player that works for me even though SCM doesn't:

https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=1286 (bless drakonic for sharing it)

Bonus points for not juggling individual links and just straight up managing everything from the playlist on YouTube.

You'll have to style it yourself, though.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023 @521.76 »

For what it's worth, the Wikplayer still works. I have it on my page as well and it works for me on Firefox. :smile:
I've also looked for other players though for nicer design and all, but I don't really wanna host copyrighted music on my neocities to make a player work..

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023 @548.21 »

My SCM Player started giving me "Youtube error 150" on certain songs and wouldn't play them. I looked into it further and it seems to be that Youtube can detect and disable videos being played externally, a sort of "playback not allowed" message... Kind of creepy.

Because of that, if I start setting up a replacement for SCM Player I think I would probably want to use one with audio files I downloaded myself rather than via Youtube URLs just in case that happens again...

And now I go back and check my player and it's not working at all. That's fun.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's VSynth Works

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 13
Views: 2334
Last post July 04, 2023 @605.29
by KAFKAPOLIS
Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5450
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3908
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi