Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 16, 2024 - @207.15 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 15/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Website Collab - Webmasters collaborating wtih webmasters?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Website Collab - Webmasters collaborating wtih webmasters?  (Read 79 times)
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: April 12, 2024 @185.67 »

I don't know where to start with this, but I've been wanting to see webmasters start collaborating with each other for a while now, like how cool would it be if we mashed our brain cells together and tried making something with our combined skills?

I have seen music artists collaborate with each other so why can't we do the same with websites?

I still don't know where to go with this topic, but perhaps this topic could inspire something? :dog:

:ozwomp: my beloved

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024 @191.86 »

That's a cool idea! I think the reason it's not as common with web stuff is that there's a lot of emphasis on personal sites, so people may feel a little possessive of what goes on an online space that's analogous to a diary...?

I think it's a really really cool idea though! Especially since there are so many different skills that go into webcrafting, it would be cool to see those all flowing together... I want to see that!  :ozwomp:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024 @531.59 »

Iv actually wanted to do this for a while by offering some sort of homepage that can be edited by everyone on the forum at once and Iv only recently managed to gather all the technology necessary to do it; sooooo who knows  :tongue:

It dose raise some questions about what you'd actually put on an everyone webpage, but I think thats a question that can only be answered by trying it out!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024 @577.95 »

that's twice that one of my recent ideas has popped up on the forum unprompted; how strange!

i like the idea of collabing more than my original "what if we had something-like-a-digital-marketplace-but-not-a-marketplace".

my thoughts go to tildes by default. i've long since wanted to start a little hosting platform with the gimmick that users are confined to 1MB of space (thus folks learn more about minimizing the size of their site) - but this notion hasn't fully come to fruition yet (what if people want to share images?!).

still, the programming part of my brain suggests that a practical approach could be to write some software that accepts HTML from forum users (or whoever!) which is then written into a new div on one main index page. that way you're not confined to particular CSS or JS. i'd certainly have fun writing some code to do that (but it'll be on the end of my todo list!).

i go by j, she/they :)
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024 @761.82 »

i've had an idea to make a collaboration with melon

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024 @884.03 »

i've had an idea to make a collaboration with melon

I wanted to make a landing page for melonking once, not sure if I would actually follow threw on that.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5356
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1824
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2062
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi