Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @445.79 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  Public vs. Private Journals

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which kind of journal do you prefer?
Public   -3 (10.3%)
Private   -12 (41.4%)
Both   -14 (48.3%)
Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Public vs. Private Journals  (Read 1122 times)
grovyle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2023 @658.91 »

I'm on my second private, physical journal right now! I do like them a whole lot, and before this I'd never completed a notebook, not even for school lol, but my living situation has changed quite a bit and now it's a constant worry that someone will open it and read it when I don't want to  :ohdear: had a really close friend just open it and start flipping pages a few months back and I still haven't gotten over how angry that made me. There's a mix of everything there, from scrapbook-like pages, to quotes, to personal entries. Most of it is written in something other than my native language, but the most personal ones I do write on my native language.

I've had public journals before, but I didn't quite end up feeling comfortable with them. Had one on blogger like a decade ago and if my friends had been normal about it at the time, it would've been fine, but I would write about something in an abstract way and they would start pestering me about what that meant instead of just reading it. I guess that was a friend problem, more than a journal problem hahaha

And then I kinda used twitter like one for many years, as in every thought that I had, I HAD to spill on twitter. That ended up being really unhealthy for me, and many people thought they knew me just because of what I had tweeted, but I didn't feel like they really did so maybe what I wrote didn't come across in the right way. Luckily I got out of there.

Moving forward I think I'll stick to physical, private journals. I do see them as a history artifacts for whoever to find whenever I'm not here anymore (here my country? here this house? here this life? i don't really know), and digital journals would make me scared to lose everything if anything were to happen to them, or my devices, or my passwords.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

IglooPipe public alpha

Started by GuestBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 612
Last post July 30, 2023 @75.03
by Guest
I made a pixel font with public domain dedication :)

Started by jadefyreBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 2
Views: 422
Last post July 25, 2023 @910.05
by GraphiteCore
Public Domain Images Database

Started by TheFrugalGamerBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 10
Views: 611
Last post November 15, 2023 @280.01
by GraphiteCore

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi