Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @103.80 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  General Forum Questions

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: General Forum Questions  (Read 785 times)
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« on: April 20, 2023 @912.15 »

I am making this thread since I can't seem to find one that serves this particular purpose.

This thread is for general forum-related questions that are not designed to create extended discussion.

..For example, ones like..

"How do I do this (within this forum)?"

"What is this (within this forum)?"

..or more generally, questions that may only have one solid, definite answer.

It's likely that @Melooon  will be the one answering your questions since he is the one who runs this forum, but there may be exceptions depending on the nature of the question and who is available. Thank you.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023 @836.31 »

I didn't see it mentioned in the guidelines, but is there a general rule for how long it can be since somebody last posted in a thread before a new reply is considered necroposting?

Does Melonland's version of the SimpleMachines forum have an automatic thread lock to prevent necroposting, making an explicit rule unnecessary?

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023 @376.46 »

I didn't see it mentioned in the guidelines, but is there a general rule for how long it can be since somebody last posted in a thread before a new reply is considered necroposting?

Does Melonland's version of the SimpleMachines forum have an automatic thread lock to prevent necroposting, making an explicit rule unnecessary?

There is no concept of necroposting here, so you can revive old threads if you want to :) this is also nice because it saves duplicate threads and gathers information in one place.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023 @660.47 »

There is no concept of necroposting here, so you can revive old threads if you want to :) this is also nice because it saves duplicate threads and gathers information in one place.

Thanks for the explanation.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
kiki & ayano
Casual Poster ⚓︎

devour the past

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023 @298.38 »

i wanted to post some of my art to the forum that features some cartoon blood (under a spoiler, with an appropriate warning beforehand) today but then i remembered this rule:

"Avoid content depicting or referencing traumatic situations or illegal material - aka things that you would not show to your mum."

this feels kind of vague to me - does posting art with serious subject matter or illustrated blood cross these guidelines? because i would show my art to my mom (and in fact i did) but i don't know if that's actually good reference or not... (also sorry if this thread isn't a good place to ask, i couldn't think of anywhere better)

- kiki

過去喰らい尽くした
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023 @745.06 »

i wanted to post some of my art to the forum that features some cartoon blood
This is fine ^^ rules like that are really intended for handeling more extreme situations and bad faith posts - its vague because its meant to be a catch all for stuff like that; if you're just posting some drawings and already know the audience here you don't need to worry about it - but if you're still unsure you can always send me a PM to double check before hand ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 248
Views: 21164
Last post Today at @75.71
by DiffydaDude
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5471
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3370
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi