Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @272.14 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Are Furries Bad???

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Are Furries Bad???  (Read 3933 times)
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2024 @99.84 »

I've never had any direct experience with the furry fandom, but as someone who loves monsters and cartoons some of the things I like/draw does overlap with their fandoms interests, so I've had some minor external observation of their community.

I don't really think their community is inherently bad or weird or cringe. You get horrible people in every community/fandom/group and sadly the loudest people can ruin it for everyone.

bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2024 @736.98 »

Personally, I would say I'm indifferent. It's not my cup of tea at all but like most things, it's fine as long as people aren't hurting anyone, to each their own.

However, yeah, the bad actors tend to really stand out. NSFW stuff just crosses a line for me because, well, animals. I also remember that uproar years ago when there was some drama around Nazi furries? It doesn't seem like majority of furries approve of those things, either, so it's probably just the tendency of every community to attract bad actors, especially those where they think they'll be accepted. I'd say that what makes a difference is whether a community can root them out and keep each other safe. I can't comment on how successful the furry community (or local communities) do in that regard, though.

Void
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2024 @44.77 »

Hello! im a furry, albeit a young one ((im a teen)) , so i cant really speak on the more mature aspects of it, though i can tell you for certain that it is not the majority of furries that engage in those kinks , mainly a loud minority from what i can see.

Personally , being a furry to me is just another form of self expression , as i still have a lot to learn about myself , and creating fluffy creatures or scary monsters is a thing i rather enjoy as an artist, which is what i mostly do in said community , create art!, on the other end it is the sense of community and comradeship (is that how you use it?) that i enjoy , it feels like im part of a group, and as a socially awkward person, its nice.

Overall, everyone have their own views and opinions , the most important thing is to understand and respect each other :4u: , and to ignore people who just wish to be negative or just insult without being willing to listen to other views on the topic.

As for the worst of the worst, y'know, those people, they aren't part of the community in my eyes, as they only cause harm to others.

Hello im void! nice to meet you ( ˙꒳​˙ )
Memory
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2024 @907.23 »

though i can tell you for certain that it is not the majority of furries that engage in those kinks , mainly a loud minority from what i can see.
THIS!
Zombiethederg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Just surfin. Dont mind me!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Purple Butterfly - to match your purple avatar!Joined 2024!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2024 @674.12 »

I dont even really have much to say here, other than the fact that its not hurting anyone and frankly I think its an over hated subculture that really just doesn't deserve it. I mean, this is the subculture that gave us the banger character designs, and generally just cute lil guys. I dont see any problem with it :P

PfP art by Bunbubbletea on Fiverr
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I wonder whats for DINNER

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2024 @244.32 »

People representing themselves as anthropomorphic animals? Kinda weird ngl  :dunno:

In all seriousness though; it's w/e, cool and cute even  :ha: . But that's before you account for the internet community side of things. Any quote on quote, "Fandom" is going to get toxic. It's the nature of broad communities based in the anonymity of the net. People adhering to stereotypes and expectations to fit in, gatekeeping, infighting, etc.

I have a fursona, obviously. I even attend conventions; but I never considered myself apart of the "community". I don't like the idea of being amalgamated into generalizations. I'm just me, I don't have to prove anything to anyone. With that mindset also comes the natural avoidance of joining these toxic environments i.e social media and what have you. So I guess take my perspective with a grain of salt? Not to say that I don't interact with other furries; I've certainly met alot of great people at conventions; it's just that I'm not interacting on a scale to be ingrained in current events, controversies, and such. Just a casual participant who thinks having a fursona is cool!

I did have one bad experience that comes to mind though. I was playing ESO way back when, and was questing with someone. Long story short, when the day ended, we added each other on Steam so we could connect the next day to play again. However, after a few general niceties they message me with a link to a post on the funni MSG number site. In these cases you gotta stamp that shit out fast, y'know? Completely inappropriate. Basically told the guy off, deleted and blocked em right there. Don't suffer fools!  :trash:
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Started by MelooonBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 7
Views: 4642
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek
What web badges should I add to my collection?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 4
Views: 2000
Last post January 06, 2022 @398.72
by xandra
Post your - Web badges

Started by Icey!Board ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 68
Views: 7540
Last post October 01, 2024 @817.87
by boyrotting

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi