Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @190.12 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  howdy!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: howdy!  (Read 529 times)
qrunchy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: qrunchy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 25, 2023 @608.36 »

Hi! I always feel awkward writing these but here we go lol
My name is Merle (she/they) and I found this place through a bunch of other neocities sites. I'm 31 years old and have been getting into the html revival for the past year and some change. When I was a kid I kept meaning to make my own site but never got the gumption to buckle down and do it, but I finally got around to it in 2022. :P I've had a lot of fun making my own site and I've been wanting to connect with others doing the same! I love browsing people's sites and seeing the creativity they put into them. It's so cool. We all have our little spot that we decorate as we please and it rules.
I feel redundant going into all the mess about social media and how much it sucks lol, but I very much vibe with the desire to spend less time on those sites and spend more time creating things and connecting with others. (though I'm very bad at the latter haha) I deleted Twitter for the second time recently and this time I'm resolved not to go back, even when I miss it. I am very much on Tumblr though, haha.

I'm a hobby artist and a furry, and a VERY casual video game enjoyer. I've gotten totally sucked into the new Zelda game since it came out. I also play FFXIV off and on. I'm very fond of the Sonic franchise, and one of the initial goals I had for my site was to catalog all of my Chao in Sonic Adventure 2. I have not yet finished that little project haha.

Anyway, I'm excited to have found this place and I'm looking forward to meeting y'all! This seems like a very chill little community and I like what I've seen so far. So what have yall been up to lately?
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023 @644.65 »

Hi! I always feel awkward writing these but here we go lol
My name is Merle (she/they) and I found this place through a bunch of other neocities sites. I'm 31 years old and have been getting into the html revival for the past year and some change. When I was a kid I kept meaning to make my own site but never got the gumption to buckle down and do it, but I finally got around to it in 2022. :P I've had a lot of fun making my own site and I've been wanting to connect with others doing the same! I love browsing people's sites and seeing the creativity they put into them. It's so cool. We all have our little spot that we decorate as we please and it rules.
I feel redundant going into all the mess about social media and how much it sucks lol, but I very much vibe with the desire to spend less time on those sites and spend more time creating things and connecting with others. (though I'm very bad at the latter haha) I deleted Twitter for the second time recently and this time I'm resolved not to go back, even when I miss it. I am very much on Tumblr though, haha.

I'm a hobby artist and a furry, and a VERY casual video game enjoyer. I've gotten totally sucked into the new Zelda game since it came out. I also play FFXIV off and on. I'm very fond of the Sonic franchise, and one of the initial goals I had for my site was to catalog all of my Chao in Sonic Adventure 2. I have not yet finished that little project haha.

Anyway, I'm excited to have found this place and I'm looking forward to meeting y'all! This seems like a very chill little community and I like what I've seen so far. So what have yall been up to lately?

Howdy! And hell yes, another Sonic fan. Lovely to meet you and welcome :unite:

qrunchy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023 @650.06 »

Howdy! And hell yes, another Sonic fan. Lovely to meet you and welcome :unite:

Hey!! Nice to meet you :D Sonic rules, I love what has been coming out of the franchise this past several years. The IDW comic is so good! I gotta know, what's your favorite Sonic media, and who is your favorite character? :3c
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023 @651.49 by qrunchy » Logged
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023 @733.99 »

Welcome to the forums. :4u: I adore your site. My brain is set, I need a Chao Garden! They are SO. COOL.

xx <3
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023 @755.64 »

hi merle!!! welcome! :) so glad you found us, sounds like you know exactly what this side of the web is about!

i totally get you on deleting twitter. elon taking it over last year was a big nail in the coffin for me, and that has definitely helped. watching the dumpster fire from afar has been better than being in the thick of it, for sure.

i hope your day is going well! :D
qrunchy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023 @892.64 »

Welcome to the forums. :4u: I adore your site. My brain is set, I need a Chao Garden! They are SO. COOL.

Thank you!! That makes me so happy to hear! Chao are so dear to me, to the point that I don't even play the rest of the game lol. I'd love to see you do something with a Chao garden!

hi merle!!! welcome! :) so glad you found us, sounds like you know exactly what this side of the web is about!

i totally get you on deleting twitter. elon taking it over last year was a big nail in the coffin for me, and that has definitely helped. watching the dumpster fire from afar has been better than being in the thick of it, for sure.

i hope your day is going well! :D
Hey Xandra! Awesome to see you here. Thank you so much :) and for real, it's so much less stressful to watch all that go down without also being in the middle of the usual twitter outrage and misery.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023 @962.42 »

Hi Merle, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Caho Gardens are defo something Id like to see make a come back, when I first did GifyPet I wanted it to be a chao garden clone, but I wasn't skilled enough at the time  :ohdear:

I dunno how Tokyo Mew Mew holds up as a story, I haven't seen it in 15 years.. but the soundtrack is great! I still listen to it often!

Whats your site's background picture from? Hope you enjoy ur time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023 @972.88 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
qrunchy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023 @5.42 »

Hi Merle, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Caho Gardens are defo something Id like to see make a come back, when I first did GifyPet I wanted it to be a chao garden clone, but I wasn't skilled enough at the time  :ohdear:

I dunno how Tokyo Mew Mew holds up as a story, I haven't seen it in 15 years.. but the soundtrack is great! I still listen to it often!

Whats your site's background picture from? Hope you enjoy ur time here!

Hey thank you so much!
There's a small but active modding community for the SAB2 Chao Garden but I do wish there was more of a presence online. The desire to inject just a little more chao love into the internet was a major motivator for making my site. That's cool to learn about GifyPet, I haven't familiarized myself with it yet but that sounds really neat. I'll give it a look.
And my site BG is actually a screenshot I took in the Hero Chao garden in SAB2! :P It's a really nice little skybox and I've always loved gazing off in the distance in that garden especially. I will probably be moving away from the chao theme across my site at some point but I'm quite partial to the design for now.

And I have to admit, I still haven't even touched Tokyo Mew Mew. xD  Ichigo is just cute :P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi