Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @195.42 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  How do I make friends online without using data-hungry social media?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How do I make friends online without using data-hungry social media?  (Read 1198 times)
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023 @128.48 »

Considering that there exist entire essays on "About Me" pages it shouldn't be that hard to find someone you like, and could be argued to be easier to find interesting people on the web-revival than social media. It's just that contacting them is a challenge.

The only person on the non-social-media side online that I could say is a friend is the creator of the Melonland forum. Melonking, because he is the only person I actively try and talk to privately on the web-revival. I also have a lot of trust in him and is nice to me.

When it comes to making friends here, I would mainly suggest trying to find any contact information on a person and simply try to start a conversation from there. While it maybe harder to make friends here vs social media, it's usually best to try and reach out to others that may seem worth your time.

But that's only if you can find a way to keep track of them as they could be anywhere.

There are many standards of contacting that you simply have to keep up with, in the case of Melonking (this isn't to blame him as I understand his reasoning) I use to rely on his Discord as that's simply what I was use to until he told me that he was moving away from Discord and told me to use alternate communications instead (email, Melonland Forum DMs, etc). While I am lucky that Melonking is a easy person to find on the web-revival but when it comes to lesser known figures keeping track can be hard, especially when they decide to move! So many different preferences from different users that it can make you not want to talk to them sometimes!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023 @156.50 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

chiptune maker!

Started by cinniBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 2067
Last post March 08, 2023 @308.04
by Gans
An enemy from the game I'm trying to make

Started by Grafo VolaveruntBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1417
Last post March 22, 2022 @61.42
by Grafo Volaverunt
Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2356
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi