Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @174.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Archive YouTube NOW! (And your fav websites too!) - Archival Tools List

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Archive YouTube NOW! (And your fav websites too!) - Archival Tools List  (Read 4845 times)
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2024 @946.16 »

Based on seeing this post a while back (and a video of Jacob Geller) I started taking archiving very seriously. So far I got to downloading half my playlist on Spotify until I ran out of time and had to do other stuff. ...Haven't been back at it since. :drat: In the moment I get stuck on the decision on whether something is really worth it to download and archive for myself. It feels wasteful to download everything, especially knowing some stuff isn't that special to me, but the continuous dilemma is wasting me precious time.

For music, so far, I have been using whatever service gives me the highest quality of the song. If the song has a FLAC somewhere, I get that, otherwise I make do with YouTube downloads of HQ videos of the song (the service I found for Spotify downloads only goes up to 360p). cobalt has been spotty for me. Some downloads ended up being unplayable files, and I had to repeat the process several times to get a working audio file. Kinda weird.

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

when does the work end..............

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2024 @913.61 »

hi -- coming back to this thread because I want to know if anyone has a method of saving instagram posts efficiently? especially multi-slide/carousel posts :mark:  :mark:
I've had no problems using yt-dlp for most videos but i really don't feel like right click save image-ing all the hundreds of posts I want to archive ://

orchid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

turn ur mental prison into a maze

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: orchidcnr
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2024 @48.82 »

hi -- coming back to this thread because I want to know if anyone has a method of saving instagram posts efficiently? especially multi-slide/carousel posts :mark:  :mark:
I've had no problems using yt-dlp for most videos but i really don't feel like right click save image-ing all the hundreds of posts I want to archive ://
Instaloader! i archive lots of Instagram accounts and definitely recommend it. logging in allows you to save stories & highlights as well. use the "-F" parameter when updating your archives. i use the following:

Code
instaloader ACCOUNT --login YOUR_USERNAME --stories --highlights

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

when does the work end..............

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2024 @194.83 »

Instaloader! i archive lots of Instagram accounts and definitely recommend it. logging in allows you to save stories & highlights as well. use the "-F" parameter when updating your archives. i use the following:

Code
instaloader ACCOUNT --login YOUR_USERNAME --stories --highlights

Thank you so much! I had to do a little troubleshooting around logins since I have private accounts, but this is perfect for what I'm looking to do!!  :happy:  :happy:

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ultimate Freeware List of Excellence

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 2874
Last post January 14, 2022 @865.94
by Obspogon
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 37
Views: 6651
Last post August 27, 2024 @582.13
by Bone-A Lisa
Interactive Fiction Archive

Started by CooperationIsKeyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 2
Views: 2086
Last post November 25, 2021 @928.61
by CooperationIsKey

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi