Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @289.29 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Video Game/Anime Music videos

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Video Game/Anime Music videos  (Read 363 times)
Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« on: June 17, 2023 @892.53 »

***unsure where to put this, it covers a multitude of subjects,

Ah, the good old days, I was reminiscing with some friends about what we watched on the internet as teens in the 2000-2010s and I happened to come across a runescape music video also known as an RSMV, it was like a memory unlocked, I would spend hours watching these videos and other stuff like "machinimas" and fandom content like AMVs. These 280p ,Unregistered hypercam, made in windows movie maker videos (sometimes sony vegas) abundantly DIY movies were absolute gold and are definitely an overlooked side of the older web.

Looking back, these were art.(even if they are a bit cringe now) I love how these were clearly made by kids who loved two things and just mashed them together and I loved watching it. There are also things like comedy skits and non canon fan made videos. I love it! They're used almost like Proto-Virtual singer avatars as a conduit for the song.

What is your favourite video from back in the day? Maybe it was something that got you into a new fandom? I remember seeing a Love hina AMV with Smells like teen spirits playing over the top of it (lol) and it made me want to watch it!

It also raises the question, is content like this still made? as someone who doesn't really visit "this side" of YouTube anymore are people making FNAF MVs? Are Gen Z carrying the torch for this DIY visual media?

Show me some bangers!!
  :cheerR: 

minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023 @358.34 »

My favorite two AMVs are the classic Madoka AMV 'Cosmic Love' and a more custom GMV for Kingdom Hearts called Choice that has like. No views whatsoever, but the editing is so good I love it. There's definitely more, but I'm not going looking right now haha!

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023 @491.37 »

I have to mention the "Bachelorette" Utena AMV because it's SO BEAUTIFUL. The Utena fandom just generally makes a lot of good AMVs but this one is like the crown jewel.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1876
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3915
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Video Game SFX Quiz

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 12
Views: 2270
Last post February 11, 2024 @11.47
by litten

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi