Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @223.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Howdy from Salty!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Howdy from Salty!  (Read 497 times)
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« on: July 05, 2023 @762.06 »

Hello there everybody, I go by Salty here on the WWW!

:cheerR: I am 26 and use she/her pronouns. I am an O-Gah-Pah lesbian living in occupied territory (the USA). I work in Information Technology (IT) by day, but I have fallen in love with webdev over the past 6 months or so, and have decided to dive headfirst into the "indie web" realm. It reminds me of all the best parts of the late '90s through mid '00s Internet that I really miss, but I think you guys are all a lot more self-aware and anti-capitalist than we were in those days, which is definitely not a bad thing.

:melon: In short, I am so happy to have stumbled into Melonland; I cannot remember the last time that I joined a web forum. I've really felt lonely on the Internet for a long time, and I am looking to make new online friends with whom I can exchange ideas, art, and cool websites.

:pc: I have a whole lot more about me over on my website, so I won't drone on for too long. I make a lot of goofy "Internet art" and things like that in my spare time; I especially love to make collages in any form: audio, digital, physical. I am also working on documenting all my cool old 2000s and late '90s tech that I own IRL to make a little mini-archive on my site.

Thank you all for having me! I can't wait to read about y'all and what you're into.

- Salty  :cool:

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023 @770.29 »

Welcome Salty :cheesy:

I checked out your page and I love the commitment to the retro style! It feels very nostalgic. I love the page for your wife! The favorite weed gif section made my day :grin:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023 @787.85 »

Hi salty, welcome to the forum  :ha:

Oh I really am a very big fan of your whole site; it's totally my favourite kinda mood and layout and era of inspiration! I think the I Love My Wife page is my favourite and I would encourage everyone with significant friends or partners to make such pages.

I look forward to seeing more updates and collections! Ooo just looking at this site makes me wanna get back into updating mine again  :ozwomp:

If you were a shoe what sort of shoe would you be?? Hope u enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023 @925.80 »

Welcome Salty :cheesy:

I checked out your page and I love the commitment to the retro style! It feels very nostalgic. I love the page for your wife! The favorite weed gif section made my day :grin:

Haha, I never really thought of it being super retro; I think I'm just old. :drat: I'm glad you like it!! My wife is way cooler than me so she had to have the best page.

edit: also wow your personal site is SICK! i love it, definitely adding it to my favorites. why is there not a lesbian webring yet?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023 @946.34 by Salty » Logged

Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023 @927.92 »

Hi salty, welcome to the forum  :ha:

Oh I really am a very big fan of your whole site; it's totally my favourite kinda mood and layout and era of inspiration! I think the I Love My Wife page is my favourite and I would encourage everyone with significant friends or partners to make such pages.

I look forward to seeing more updates and collections! Ooo just looking at this site makes me wanna get back into updating mine again  :ozwomp:

If you were a shoe what sort of shoe would you be?? Hope u enjoy the forum!

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you like the site; I just want to create something that I like and that other people like! Hope to see more updates from you soon, as well. :)

As for the shoe question: I think I pick the big red boot  :grin: (also the product scroll-out effect is legitimately inspiring; I want to copy it)

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023 @129.07 »

Hi Salty and welcome!!!

First, absolutely adore your site!! It looks fantastic and ugh it motivates me to finish mine!!! :ha: I also plan to have pages/shrines for my partners, so seeing your wife's page feels me with great joy! :4u:
I'm so excited for your other shrines! The sims and runescape ones most especially. :eyes: I also love your secret shrine!! I also plan to have one for that subject hehehe :melon:

Super excited to see how your site develops and I hope you have a great time here! :dive:

Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023 @647.64 »

Hi Salty and welcome!!!

First, absolutely adore your site!! It looks fantastic and ugh it motivates me to finish mine!!! :ha: I also plan to have pages/shrines for my partners, so seeing your wife's page feels me with great joy! :4u:
I'm so excited for your other shrines! The sims and runescape ones most especially. :eyes: I also love your secret shrine!! I also plan to have one for that subject hehehe :melon:

Super excited to see how your site develops and I hope you have a great time here! :dive:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your kind words!! And I definitely look forward to seeing anyone's secret shrines haha

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi