Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @675.23 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 70/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  How to get the confidence to remake your website from scratch?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to get the confidence to remake your website from scratch?  (Read 325 times)
OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 06, 2023 @109.92 »

Hey there! I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for someone who doesn't know *too* much about HTML and CSS, on how to get over that anxiety that comes from trying to completely overhaul your website?

I certainly know much more about site crafting now than when I had first made my site, but I have been using Sadgrl's website builder template since giving up on coding it myself and I'm really nervous that I'll just hate the new site I make like I did my first one.

Have you gone through this struggle? If so, how did you get over it? I can sort of predict that the answer will be to "just do it" but that's a big first step, you know? \_O_/

YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023 @117.97 »

You could make a copy of your original site and start fresh, that way nothing is lost and if you end up hating it you can always go back!

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023 @143.31 »

I just recently done this! Or like, I'm 90% done with doing this.

Viewing the process as a page-by-page process rather than the website as a whole has helped! It's not so overwhelming when I imagine that I'm only working on my index, and no other page exists until I finish that page. Also, not forcing myself to work on it if I don't feel like it. My site can wait for me to feel ready to touch it again, y'know?

Or alternatively: don't. What I mean by that is more like... Experiment for a bit! Worry not for editing your website and instead just mess around with layouts and learn new things! I've recently been learning a lot about grids and through that process I accidently made a new index page I really loved LOL. Sometimes it's useful to just have some fun instead :-)

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful, but I do hope you have fun when you get around to remaking things! It's a (frustratingly) fun thing to do in my experience :-) despite the anxiety  :dive: .

OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023 @194.81 »

I just recently done this! Or like, I'm 90% done with doing this.

Viewing the process as a page-by-page process rather than the website as a whole has helped! It's not so overwhelming when I imagine that I'm only working on my index, and no other page exists until I finish that page. Also, not forcing myself to work on it if I don't feel like it. My site can wait for me to feel ready to touch it again, y'know?

Or alternatively: don't. What I mean by that is more like... Experiment for a bit! Worry not for editing your website and instead just mess around with layouts and learn new things! I've recently been learning a lot about grids and through that process I accidently made a new index page I really loved LOL. Sometimes it's useful to just have some fun instead :-)

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful, but I do hope you have fun when you get around to remaking things! It's a (frustratingly) fun thing to do in my experience :-) despite the anxiety  :dive: .

Oh, that is actually extremely helpful! Thank you so much! Yeah my problem is just that it's all so overwhelming to rebuild a site from scratch, so maybe I'll just start with my... what's it called? Welcome page? The page you see before you actually enter my site LOL.

I'll definitely be downloading a backup of my website, along with throwing a link to a webarchive capture of it on my site!

This is still all pretty intimidating, but you have given me some helpful advice! Thank you :] If anyone still has any further advice that would be great!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5447
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 14
Views: 5033
Last post Today at @87.23
by Skykristal
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1863
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi