Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @687.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 80/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  a greeting coo!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: a greeting coo!!  (Read 276 times)
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 14, 2023 @469.64 »

hello!! I am your local pigeon with a computer!! I am also an artist who primarily makes visual and audio art (though I am too scared to share the music with anyone yet. what if its awful and everyone hates it  :ohdear: ) I primarily make art of pigeons. I want people to learn to apreciate pigeons more than they did before, maybe even learn to love them. i will have succeeded once people talk about pigeons the way that they talk about cats.

I love art and music and math and similar things. I love collecting things, primarily bread tags and toy dinosaurs! I love spending time with pigeons, watching pigeons. I also like watching other birds! I am considering trying to study biology in the hopes of someday becoming and ornithologist. but I don't know how well that will work out. school might just not be for me(have not had a good time with it so far, after all).

I get anxious and bad at talking in places so I don't know how active I will be in here.

I do technically have a site but it is soo bad right now I will not share it with you yet. I want to work on it but I am really struggling with even the basics of setting it up  :sad:

community is really important to me. I can't be myself without my "flock" I can't create the things that I want to create alone. the only good future I can see is built on collaboration. thats a large part of what I love about making things, really anywhere. I love to make zines and give them to people I know for free, I love free art, shared art, i love to make art more accessible in the little ways I can. I believe that art is a human right and the fact that there are people who don't have access to it is a horrible injustice. I love to share art with other people.

I love how the universe is so large and full of wonders. everything fractals inwards forever, the most unimportant looking things all have their own little universes surrounding them. I love finding magic little universes on the internet and off. theres so much more i could say about all this but it's not super coherent and i don't want this to be too long. I hope what I have written makes sense!

i'm queer and disabled and I love bright neon lights and loud noises and I love the world and all the things inside it!

pigeons will save the world!!!
skull-aton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Skell || They/Them

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: skull_aton

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023 @489.49 »

Hello and welcome!!!

It's nice to meet you, pigeon friend! I am a skeletal friend!

You seem like a very vibrant bird! Just reading your post has me smiling and kicking my feet! Hehe!

Art is such a human (and bird!) thing. I feel like it's a core essential to every body. To feel is to make art, and it's amazing!!

I sometimes see an art piece and think, wow, I wish I could eat it! Because it makes me feel so Alive!! (but I will not, obviously. Eating artworks is generally frowned upon)

In regards to website building, definitely feel free to ask for help!! I really think that every coding project is (in its own right) artwork! It's always okay to ask for help with stuff. :)
Also, a lot of folks on here are really good at it!

:ozwomp: :ha: :4u: partyin in the graveyard :4u: :ha: :ozwomp:
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023 @501.33 »

thank you, it is nice to meet you too!!

I also often feel like that about art! fortunately, you are in luck, as there is quite a lot of food-related art out there!! (pigeonally, every year I like to make a monochrome meal, I have only done 2 so far, but I plan on getting through every colour of the rainbow) there's lots and lots of edible art out there! (I also am quite into food art because I think that so many people are soo weird about food all the time, and maybe this can help change peoples relationships to it, to make them consider other ways of thinking about food, but that is a whole other topic that I could write paragraphs about!)

the other famous food art I heard about one time and think about a lot is called the identical lunch, which is just a recipe for a very specific tuna sandwich that the artist ate for lunch most of the time. then this other guy made a different recipe that involved putting the identical lunch in a blender and then drinking that :ohdear: . sorry i don't remember the names of the people involved with this and I am too tired to figure it out right now.

pigeons will save the world!!!
skull-aton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Skell || They/Them

iMood: skull_aton

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023 @78.28 »

Oh!! The monochrome meal idea sounds really fun!! (and tasty hehe). If you ever decide to put pictures of it on the internet, I'd love to see it!

Looking up identical lunch, I think I found the original person! I read this article and I think it's a really neat concept!

:ozwomp: :ha: :4u: partyin in the graveyard :4u: :ha: :ozwomp:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023 @96.72 »

Hi pigeon, welcome to the forum  :4u:

I hope you know your pigeon enthusiasm is a valid and important concern, and I totally support you following it whether in a scientific way or purely as an artistic subject; although I will admit pigeons used to land on my windows and I did not enjoy looking that their feet! Please do not let anyone dissuade you!  :ha:

Here is a song by moondog you might enjoy  :eyes:

I hope you enjoy your time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023 @100.36 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi