Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @907.19 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 67/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Need help starting a blog

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need help starting a blog  (Read 395 times)
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 20, 2023 @0.74 »

Hi! Currently I want to make a blog for my site schrodingersbakeneko. The problem is I'm not sure how. I don't want the entries to clog up the space and if they get too long the sidebar also gets long and it ends up with too much empty space. I'm also just not sure how to start in general! Any help would be appreciate. I guess I should mention I want it to still be in the same layout I'm using just so its organized and all that. Thank you

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023 @265.27 »

Feels a bit embarrassing to do this but I guess Ill bump this post. I havent had time to work on my neocities at all recently but maybe Ill get to work on it tomorrow?

rinni
Casual Poster

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023 @295.67 »

Hii!! :cheesy:  As someone who's still slowly trying to set up their own blog, i understand the frustration!! the way i've thought of going about making my blog was just... making a directory page, and individual pages for each entry. i've seen people use iframes to make sure every page on their site has the same layout and style, but i just copy paste the code and remove the content... ha ha hah...

for starting... i wrote an entry about a very bad no good week i had, because i needed somewhere to get all my feelings out. i guess that's a good philosophy for a blog? a safe space to share thoughts, opinions, and emotions!

bear
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Funny how words can be so open to interpretation.

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023 @309.72 »

Okay so I'm also a newbie, but it seems like you have a pretty good layout for a blog! From your CSS, it seems like you used sadness's layout maker, which makes this pretty simple. If your issue is the sidebar getting too long, you can just set a height for your main area in the CSS (its current size is 1021px from the looks of it, so just make that the height), and set the overflow to auto (overflow: auto;). That should let the content of the main section scroll independently from the rest of the page, if that makes sense? Then you can add highlights either on the sidebar portion or at the top of the page, linking to the titles of your most recent blogposts, or your favorite ones. You can do that by adding id=whateveryouwant to the title of the blogpost, then linking to it using href="#whateveryouwant". If you want to see this in practice, hit inspect element on this site's newsletter section. The right sidebar has links to each week's newsletter, and it's done in the way I described above. Let me know if this helps or if I didn't address your concerns! You can also message me if you'd like, I'm happy to try and help you get your blog working in a way you're happy with. I'd show off my personal blog as an example but I only have one post on it right now, so it doesn't really get the idea across. You're free to look anyways though if it helps you get an idea of what you want your blog to look like!

As for what to write about, do you have anything you could talk about for hours? Did you ever go on a really fun vacation? What's the story behind your favorite song, when did you hear it for the first time? Anything is blogging fodder! Even just what you ate for lunch or something.

Edit:

i've seen people use iframes to make sure every page on their site has the same layout and style, but i just copy paste the code and remove the content... ha ha hah...

Rinni!!! If you don't want to copy/paste each time, try taking everything between your <style> tags and adding it to a file called style.css! Then add <link href="/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all"> between your <head> tags! Try it with a dummy page at first if you'd like--I promise it's much easier! :happy:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023 @320.80 by bear » Logged
rinni
Casual Poster

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023 @352.18 »

Rinni!!! If you don't want to copy/paste each time, try taking everything between your <style> tags and adding it to a file called style.css! Then add <link href="/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all"> between your <head> tags! Try it with a dummy page at first if you'd like--I promise it's much easier!
Oh i've done that thank you!! i mostly meant copy pasting the formatting  haha!! most of my pages have the same html formatting after all!! thank you so much! :innocent:

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023 @62.26 »

Thank you so much! Hopefully thisll help me when I finally have time to work on my site again

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1037
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
What do you blog about?

Started by NightdriftBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 33
Views: 4795
Last post April 24, 2024 @797.50
by Klopnis
I'm thinking of making a blog

Started by MrsMoeBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 3
Views: 1244
Last post July 16, 2023 @208.53
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi