Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @347.42 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  AutisticAsFxxk.com - For Autistic punks, rebels and misfits

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AutisticAsFxxk.com - For Autistic punks, rebels and misfits  (Read 668 times)
AutisticAsFxxk
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rachel (she/her/xe/xem)

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 22, 2023 @655.41 »

Hello! I'm new here and would like to share my website: Autistic As Fxxk, for Autistic punks, rebels and misfits forging their own path in a neurotypical world.

I blog about my personal experiences as an Autistic person, share life hacks and resources that have helped me, and created some free downloads such as printable PDFs and phone wallpapers.

Do take a look if you're interested! :grin: Would love to connect with other Autistic folks in this forum too!

AutisticAsFxxk.com - For Autistic punks, rebels and misfits forging their own path in a neurotypical world.
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023 @751.22 »

I was diagnosed a few years after you first wrote your manifesto, in my early 40s. Strictly speaking, I'm one of the "low support" autistics, but that's mainly because I made do with no support my entire life. (If you were autistic enough to get diagnosed in 1980s America you were autistic enough to be institutionalized.)

Got a link to your site in my blogroll now, as well as your button.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023 @752.65 by starbreaker » Logged

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023 @771.63 »

Nice site. Some of your design style will be copied on my own site I guess... haven't thought about using a text marker with a different font colour for highlighting. Because there are no tags for it in HTML4, so I I could use a 1-cell-table instead for text highlighting... let's see if that works out.

It's fascinating, that autism is such a big topic here on the board. Let me estimate that half of the introductary posts mention "autism" somewhere.

I wonder, how growing up in Singapore (the city where rumors say one gum thrown away wrongly can put you in a jail) compares to growing up in chaotic Berlin for example, where lots of gums can be found on the street.

One thing sounds similar, that govermental programs to get some useless job drain people out. I've seen people crumble under this system as well. That means, you should do everything in your own hands to not rely on those idiots. Yes, we all have to survive somewhat, money being undisposable of course. And this is where things get interesting... because on some jobs like IT, you can be a freak, which is like a sign of authicenty.

"Business for Autists" sounds like a worthy manual to be written. Did you manage to settle somewhat on a good job?
AutisticAsFxxk
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rachel (she/her/xe/xem)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023 @579.84 »

I was diagnosed a few years after you first wrote your manifesto, in my early 40s. Strictly speaking, I'm one of the "low support" autistics, but that's mainly because I made do with no support my entire life. (If you were autistic enough to get diagnosed in 1980s America you were autistic enough to be institutionalized.)

Got a link to your site in my blogroll now, as well as your button.

Thanks for sharing about your diagnosis, and thanks so much for linking to my site! I love your site too. :)

AutisticAsFxxk.com - For Autistic punks, rebels and misfits forging their own path in a neurotypical world.
AutisticAsFxxk
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rachel (she/her/xe/xem)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023 @590.44 »

Nice site. Some of your design style will be copied on my own site I guess... haven't thought about using a text marker with a different font colour for highlighting. Because there are no tags for it in HTML4, so I I could use a 1-cell-table instead for text highlighting... let's see if that works out.

It's fascinating, that autism is such a big topic here on the board. Let me estimate that half of the introductary posts mention "autism" somewhere.

I wonder, how growing up in Singapore (the city where rumors say one gum thrown away wrongly can put you in a jail) compares to growing up in chaotic Berlin for example, where lots of gums can be found on the street.

One thing sounds similar, that govermental programs to get some useless job drain people out. I've seen people crumble under this system as well. That means, you should do everything in your own hands to not rely on those idiots. Yes, we all have to survive somewhat, money being undisposable of course. And this is where things get interesting... because on some jobs like IT, you can be a freak, which is like a sign of authicenty.

"Business for Autists" sounds like a worthy manual to be written. Did you manage to settle somewhat on a good job?

Thanks! I actually used the <strong> tag for highlighting, here's the CSS I used:

Code
strong {
	font-weight: 600;
	padding: 0 4px;
	color: #E2FE64;
	background: #1E2D24;
	border: 0;
}

And yeah I work as a graphic designer now. I got lucky and found a company where people are very accepting and understanding of me. My bosses know about my website too and they are very supportive of it!

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023 @714.66 »

Thanks! I actually used the <strong> tag for highlighting, here's the CSS I used:

Not sure if you're aware, but if you aren't there's also the <mark> element in HTML5 if you want something like a highlighter pen effect.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/mark

AutisticAsFxxk
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rachel (she/her/xe/xem)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2023 @723.22 »

Not sure if you're aware, but if you aren't there's also the <mark> element in HTML5 if you want something like a highlighter pen effect.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/mark

Yup I'm aware of that! The highlight effect on my site is really just an aesthetic thing for my bolded text haha :)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 265
Views: 26536
Last post July 10, 2024 @965.09
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3752
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi