Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @391.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 65/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  your first album

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: your first album  (Read 1216 times)
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024 @120.06 »

it took a long time for me to have my own money to buy things with, but the first album i ever got for myself was... some metallica one? i was in middle school and just starting to get into metal. i'm not a big fan of metallica now, but a couple songs from them still hold a lot of nostalgia for me. plus, it would be an oversight to ignore how much of an impact they've had on the metal scene.

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2024 @603.17 »

My first album was EXID's Lady in 2018... I was 20 at the time. Kpop albums are notoriously not bought for listening, but because of the photo albums and other goods that are included with each of them. Safe for 1 Metallica album that I purchased to get early access to a ticket sale, all albums I own are EXID's.
Nikodile
Casual Poster ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2024 @86.77 »

I don't really remember which one exactly was my first, but these 3 hold the earliest memories for me! (Also I still love them to this day)

They really shaped my tastes, some for better, some for worse hah.

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024 @95.83 »

first album I got as a late teen/early adult would have to be 9GoatsBlackout devils in bedside one of my favorite albums as a 20 yr old.

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2024 @752.25 »

Oh man, this is gonna show my disconnect from the new world so much...but the first album I bought for myself was "Hunting High and Low" by A-ha!! I remember going to the CD store in the big mall in the town over, and buying that with my dad. We had hamburgers afterwards. I had my own CDs before that, but it was all stuff that my parents bought me. I remember most vividly getting the complete MCR discography (at the time) for my 14th birthday, and we have a photograph of me sitting at the dining table in the morning, holding all their albums in my hand, wearing a Black Parade shirt, with the most shit-eating grin on my face :'-] Oh, the memories!

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2024 @902.18 »

what was your first album that you bought for yourself? how old were you, and what format was it on?

The first ever album I bought myself was The Slim Shady LP, it was on CD and I was 16 years old.  :ha:

glassVaseCamelCase

Just a bored thing looking for old web magic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2024 @36.41 »

First album I bought myself?

A couple of months ago I picked up a cd of The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian from a vintage sale

Lovely album. Course by then I'd already been a fan for a good year

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2024 @115.21 »

My first two albums I bought at the same time shortly after my thirteenth birthday at my favourite used CD store. One was Britney by Britney Spears (I had gotten her first two albums the previous Christmas and was obsessed) and the other was the Backstreet Boys's debut self-titled album (the European one, not to be confused with the American one of the same name). I still think they both hold up pretty well, although neither is my favourite now by their respective artists. I liked both at the time, and for a long while Britney was my favourite album of all time! I still love its aesthetic, including the design on the disc.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what song/album reminds you of summer?

Started by pancitoBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 2412
Last post February 24, 2023 @530.19
by Guest
Parody songs/albums you listen to like they're normal

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 573
Last post November 21, 2022 @959.87
by Oppositekeith
What was the last album you purchased/listened to/got in the mail?

Started by DiamondPetalsBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 20
Views: 1376
Last post March 16, 2023 @805.50
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi