Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @513.14 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 79/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  web projects wishlist

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: web projects wishlist  (Read 1372 times)
Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« on: July 30, 2023 @2.67 »

What are your web projects wishlist? Sites/online things that you would like to create one day, be it tomorrow or on a very distant future  :ozwomp:

One day I will create my own petsite like neopets, I don't plan to actually run it and keep it alive but I just NEED to code one from scratch, its been my childhood dream and now I actually know how to make one, I just need to sit the fudge down and make it happen

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023 @69.00 »

I’ve always wanted to learn how to self-host, where I would lost all of my web spaces now, and then some! Would want to self host any videos I make as well to avoid having to use Youtube.

Inspired by the 3D worlds melonland made, I’ve always wanted to do a 3D world where you explore a house, Doom style, and you can use that to navigate to certain pages. I hope to make a VRML and a Flash/Ruffle version, just as soon as I can find a way to make 3D projects for the latter.

For that matter, I’ve always wanted to make Flash games. Even today, doing that for future game projects sounds like a neat idea!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023 @135.07 »

A fansite for a specific game; the goal is to really nail the game's aesthetic, and then also have it work very well on mobile. Both will challenge me. It's going to be somewhat of a portfolio project and will have nothing to do with the usual web revival stuff, so I want to use it to learn more JavaScript and some libraries as well.

I already saved the url on neocities, but I haven't started yet. I did start taking the photos I need for a subpage of it, and bought most of the items I need for the pictures :ok:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023 @166.88 »

this is going to be far in the future since i can't find time to do it nowadays, but some kind of web-based interactive website similar to virtual pet sites, but being more based in roleplay elements. kind of like a web-based town/life simulation. i need to learn more scripting languages though! xD
pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023 @782.33 »

I want to make a webring for poc and a webring for bisexuals....but I don't want to manage 2 webrings on my own 💗

Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2023 @186.92 »

Several, actually! I come up with them when I'm looking for something that should exist SOMEWHERE on the Web, but it just doesn't.  :drat: Here are some examples:
  • user-annotated webcomic reader, so that any comics or manga hosted online can be made fully searchable
  • tool that takes a music format and converts between printable classic sheet music, modern tablature, MIDI music, and plain ol' sound from the speakers (and music could be made searchable by the notes or intervals with this format?)
  • interactive fill-out sheets for completionists & hobbyists of various media & games, like something that generates the "Touhou 1cc Chart" image you see at this person's site (https://fadasa.neocities.org/), which tracks which Touhou series games they've beaten at which difficulties with which characters
  • :dog: VERY EXTREMELY OVERDUE Web tool that creates a house of quality image for professionals & students who use them
  • CSS-teaching tool that's complete with interactive sliders, select-boxes, toggles, quick explanations, and even animation keyframes for EVERY CSS PROPERTY, so you can see exactly what each property does with a quick hands-on demonstration, like a completion of what MDN & W3Schools do, with MDN having little interactivity but a lot of information you might not figure out yourself, W3Schools having less information but more interactivity to experiment with, and this new thing just giving you all the selectors with cursory information & letting you experiment with each one extremely quickly
  • MySpace for actual literal ants
  • marble-track maker, like those marble-race channels on YouTube, but it runs in your browser and you can easily share it with other people through a code that the page generates & interprets
  • more tile-based browser-page RPGs, like the game "Larkinor" that's still alive & guest-playable on the ancient Web-games site FlyOrDie (https://www.larkinor.com/:chef:
  • site where you can watch YouTube videos, but the videos it recommends are on an entirely different algorithm; could be particularly great for discovering music
  • generalized forces simulator for teaching many different concepts in physics, all in one spot

There's a bunch more; I come up with them more often than I write them down.

There are also some, like an argument tree where people debunk each other's arguments over & over with high-quality engagement & source citations until a conclusion pops out, or a map that shows you local places that host events for you to check out in real life, which would require a level of engagement that probably crosses the line from uncomfortable to impossible for a lone webmaster. By all means, these sites should probably exist, but they'd about need their own little movements or businesses behind them to make them work long-term.

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2023 @345.22 »

Hmmh. Well, I wish to eventually get far in the special project on my website.

I guess I've also been thinking of making a webring (for lesbians but idk if I should).
Uneuclid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023 @762.77 »

an actual website once im done learning html and css (maybe touch up my spacehey and tumblr)

plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023 @855.96 »

• MySpace for actual literal ants
Ok, I need to see this.

As for myself, I'm not really sure. I want to see a resurgence of browser-based games similar to what we saw in the heyday of the Flash Player, but that ain't exactly something that I could make happen on my own. I might make a second website where I can let loose a bit more. Not really a web project, but I'd love to work with a music composition program with the intuitive UI of BeepBox, plus access to VST plugins (mainly because I despise most of the existing programs out there [looking at you, FL Studio]).

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
GHOUL

iMood: sidrdds

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023 @913.75 »

I guess I've also been thinking of making a webring (for lesbians but idk if I should).

pls lmk if you ever do!!! lesbians unite!!! i wish there was more lesbian community focused stuff in web revival places!!
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023 @922.58 »

pls lmk if you ever do!!! lesbians unite!!! i wish there was more lesbian community focused stuff in web revival places!!

Ahh maybe I should. I guess I'd need to put "no terfs" in the rules or something? :ziped: I'm like a newbie lesbian in the sense I only started identifying with that like a month ago and I'm here like where are the lesbians, where do I find them :tnt:
GHOUL

iMood: sidrdds

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2023 @2.95 »

Ahh maybe I should. I guess I'd need to put "no terfs" in the rules or something? :ziped: I'm like a newbie lesbian in the sense I only started identifying with that like a month ago and I'm here like where are the lesbians, where do I find them :tnt:

it might be a good idea to put that!! you can never be too safe when it comes 2 that stuff!! ALSO I KNOW RIGHT!! i started id-ing as a lesbian in like... maybe april LOL!! i see a lot on twitter but i recently deleted it DX so now i'm here. lesbianless. </3
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2023 @635.73 »

it might be a good idea to put that!! you can never be too safe when it comes 2 that stuff!! ALSO I KNOW RIGHT!! i started id-ing as a lesbian in like... maybe april LOL!! i see a lot on twitter but i recently deleted it DX so now i'm here. lesbianless. </3

Ah alright. Maybe I'll make it then. Man, I really don't need a lot of convincing do I, lol. But I really miss this sort of excitement in my life, so thank you :]
emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023 @604.57 »

i had an idea for a site blog that can be updated from anywhere without having to manually make new blog posts. it might be a little out of my current skill level but i think i have an idea of how i can make it

Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023 @798.37 »

Here are some other ideas that I've been thinking about:  :eyes:
  • a site that offers images whose src attribute urls are updated from low-rate feeds of slow processes, like plants or mushrooms growing or planets moving, so that people who use those images can, for instance, see the plants grow in semi-real time on their own pages, without needing to have any actual script or video feed!
  • a newspaper obituary for people who died in video games, especially where the death has little consequence like in Minecraft, Runescape, or Roblox
  • a map of linked sites on the indie-Web, like how people make visualizations of which Wikipedia pages are linked to which other pages
  • social media where you can only be an animal, and all of your posts must be noises or other activities specific to that animal
  • actual literal bumper cars, but it's a browser MMO  :pc: 
  • a fictional travel blog of an alien whose main quest is that they can't figure out what a bird is (what are birds? we just don't know!)
  • an in-browser physics or graphics simulation tool that works like the ones for scientific & graphic-design purposes, where it front-loads all of the calculations into a long process that can run while the tab is open, then spits out something that can be decoded, played back, or even appended to with further simulation; for instance, a 30-second simulation that actually took a few minutes to render, so that the whole thing can be more accessible and even potentially configurable to other people that it's shared with
  • a dictionary of nonsense terms, which is then made extra useless by every single definition referencing other nonsense terms
  • a site that, on rare occasion, replaces a random text character with a creepy eye that follows your mouse around
  • a site that has no actual visuals; its navigation is done completely through sound

I feel like every one of these can be done, and some of them don't require a huge amount of prerequisite knowledge if anyone wanted to start making them now!  :ozwomp: 

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5440
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 34
Views: 13251
Last post April 24, 2024 @150.30
by honowo
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1857
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi