Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @180.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  [tv] Favourite Star Trek series?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [tv] Favourite Star Trek series?  (Read 1502 times)
serenefork
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a Beanie Buddy!

StatusCafe: serenefork
iMood: serenefork

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 04, 2023 @272.51 »

What's your favourite Star Trek series?

I've only ever seen TOS (and the first movie), but I really enjoy it and already plan to watch TNG and DS9. :dive:

(he/they)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023 @611.68 »

I really enjoyed DS9 (Its prob my personal fav), I think the social dynamics in it are really fun and Quark and Garak are two of my favourite startrek characters, and I enjoy the day-today life on a space station with people coming and going  :grin:

I would say that NG is an objectively better series; its philosophically much deeper and explores some really wild ideas - Q is fantastic in it; the space ship is really polished and every "Tea, Earl Grey, HOT" moment feels like coming home (I wish they had filmed it in widescreen)

Id also reccomend Voyager; Janeway is my favourite captain; and Seven of Nine is prob the coolest character in the whole show  :ha: Voyager feels less serious than the earlier series, but it makes up for that by being more friendly.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023 @809.63 »

I have enjoyed what I've seen of TOS. The Voyage Home is also a classic film. :grin:

However, if I had to pick one, I would have to go with TNG. Both the writing and acting are superb. :chef: Some of my favorite episodes were...

1x06 - Where No One Has Gone Before
2x03 - Elementary, Dear Data
2x09 - The Measure of a Man
3x04 - Who Watches the Watchers
3x21 - Hollow Pursuits
4x19 - The Nth Degree
5x23 - I, Borg
5x25 - The Inner Light
6x12 - Ship in a Bottle
6x19 - Lessons
7x20 - Journey's End

...I could probably name a lot more though. Many of the above episodes are continuations of one another, explored some deeper aspect of the characters involved, and/or had something that I personally found profound or meaningful. While I had high hopes after watching the pilot, I couldn't really vibe with the more action-focused episodes of the Picard spin-off.

As for DS9 and Voyager, I haven't watched them, but I would like to someday.
bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023 @834.61 »

i grew up on tos and tng, but from what episodes i've seen i like the original series more. spock is one of my favs!  :happy:

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
Thorn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023 @433.56 »

My personal favorites are the Original Series and Next Generation, though I have a feeling I'd be pretty into Voyager (if I could get around to actually going through my watchlist) and Lower Decks (if I could find a way to stream it without spending more money).

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023 @928.89 »

I´m starting to enjoy lower decks. mind my star trek exprience is sort limited? i remember like watching next generation movies, and maybe some vague memories of watching it and like voyager as a kid.

but i´ve been trying to get into the series starting off with the original

Also the cartoon show did a good job of being acessible to people who haven´t watch star trek so that´s a relief, althought i dod feel that this last season is getting too reference heavy?

Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024 @315.42 »

Haha I'm not surprised to see a Star Trek thread--I had a feeling that there might be a crossover between those who like the old web and trekkies.

I think it's something to do with use of technology is. It's simple, there's no bloat, and in a way the computer system on the Enterprise is beautiful.

I've only seen TNG but I'm a huge fan. I'm on the last season! Then it's on to DS9 which I'm super excited about and my friends think I'm going to really like it.
Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024 @440.60 »

I only got into Star Trek last year, and my watch through is on hold (got distracted by Doctor Who coming back) at the minute, but so far I've watched about half of TOS (my flatmate and resident Star Trek expert gave me a list of episodes to skip and I'm currently in S2), a few episodes of TNG, the first episode of Voyager, and all of SNW and LWD.

I've seen enough of Discovery to know it would pain me, but besides that I really love the new stuff!
Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks are both incredible, with great casts (I'd give my favourites but I'd end up listing everyone, and I'm not exaggerating) and great writing.

SNW really feels like what Star Trek should be in the 21st century, like it's learnt all of the lessons of the previous shows and is simply doing everything they fumbled on (especially with some female characters) right. For example, my flatmate says SNW makes TNG's Tasha Yar (who on rewatch could have been written better) feel like a test run for La'an, who as a result is a much more engaging character. You know it's good when it took 'til S2 for us to realise that most of the cast are women, because if Star Trek historically had weaknesses, consistently writing more than one female character at once well is one of them; there's always at least one dud or cliche, can't win 'em all. SNW annihilates this track record without blinking an eye. It's just effortlessly a good time.
Lower Decks is always fun; its references and parodies are always used well for each given episode and the arcs the characters are on, but they never stop the inexperienced watcher from having fun. The Lower Deckers have my heart.
As someone who has watched all of the Clone Wars (only about 3/5 of which is good, and all of which is aimed at kids) I'm also tempted to watch Prodigy... we'll see how that goes.

I'm looking forward to watching more TNG and TOS, but right now SNW and LWD tie for the rank of favourite.

Clear Skies!
BobbyMetro420
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024 @151.75 »

I was a huge next gen fan my whole life. At this point Ive seen it all too many times to really enjoy. I'll be honest i am pleasantly surprised by the new series. new worlds and discovery are both very well made.
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024 @794.80 »

hardcore ds9 guy here. it's my favorite, i think it's the best one. prior to watching ds9, tng was my favorite. voyager is my least favorite and i haven't watched any new trek but i'm very interested in it, although i'm not really all that crazy about kurtzman's direction in most things i've seen from him /:

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2024 @800.98 »

i'm not really all that crazy about kurtzman's direction in most things i've seen from him /:

Kurtzman is my greatest nemesis (<-- has watched The Island) but SNW and LWD are both incredible nonetheless. I think he's learnt some lessons from Picard and Discovery and shaken the serialising from his system by seeing them both through to completion, which lets Star Trek just be itself. That being said we have zero info on the upcoming Academy or whatever is going to replace Picard, so who knows where it'll go from here.

Clear Skies!
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2024 @985.71 »

Kurtzman is my greatest nemesis (<-- has watched The Island) but SNW and LWD are both incredible nonetheless. I think he's learnt some lessons from Picard and Discovery and shaken the serialising from his system by seeing them both through to completion, which lets Star Trek just be itself. That being said we have zero info on the upcoming Academy or whatever is going to replace Picard, so who knows where it'll go from here.

Ohhh! very comforting to hear! i really hated how he handled picard and my favorite character in transformers prime and that was like my last straw on kurtzman's stuff, but i'll at least give SNW and LWD a shot since it sounds like it's removed from the... mess picard was imo

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024 @842.73 »

I really enoyed TNG but never got around to finishing it tho, but was very close! Really enjoyed the production, the episodes were really good! Not that it was unique to TNG, but I always enjoyed the philosophical questions and situations. Some of the episodes were really...deep.

And although I dont really like the actor (as he is now at least), Picard is a great character, and I love the classic acting Patrick Stewart brought. He really suited the character. Picard is just so iconic.

My fav characters were Riker and Worf, lol.  :transport:  :dive:  :dive:  :dive:  Riker was so incredibly hot. But Worf...  :chef: oh my  :loved:  :loved:  :loved:  :eyes:

I also loved Q, hahah. I was just so, ughh imagine the things he could do  :ok:

Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2024 @710.73 »

I've only seen TNG but it's AMAZING! I agree that it feels kinda like home and there's great leadership shown (i.e. this clip) and tackles some great philosophical questions with dignity. I also just love Piccard, he's so inspirational.

I have seen one TOS episode and it is very good but I think it is the kinda thing I'll watch a lot later in life.

My friends keep telling me I'm going to love DS9 more than TNG and I don't really know if that's possible. Apparently DS9 tackles a lot more "grey area" subjects and decisions while TNG is a little more "black and white" about what's bad and what's good.

Either way super excited but I'm going to miss the TNG folks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1224
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by MemoryBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2264
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 6186
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi