Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @138.74 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 862.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Cohost & its recent shadiness

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Cohost & its recent shadiness  (Read 1590 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2023 @692.51 »

What about it would you say makes it a Twitter clone? I don't have a horse in this race, but I thought Cohost was more of an alternative to Tumblr. I did think the removal of visible (as far as I could tell) likes/reblogs/etc was a neat gimmick, at least, and I liked the emphasis on comments.

Well Tumblr is kind of a different breed of site than Twitter. Theyre both microblogging sites, but Tumblr has more forum-like elements. With the people who run this site and whats on there, I think this site is supposed to appeal to the edgier side of twitter (even though they arent really all that).
The problem I have with these Twitter clones is that they never try to do something different, they're always just alternative sites where people can do the same stuff they did on Twitter instead of cutting out these unhealthy sites. I like the idea of removing those number counts though, because those are one of the most addictive parts of Twitter.

Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2023 @869.38 »

Well Tumblr is kind of a different breed of site than Twitter. Theyre both microblogging sites, but Tumblr has more forum-like elements. With the people who run this site and whats on there, I think this site is supposed to appeal to the edgier side of twitter (even though they arent really all that).
The problem I have with these Twitter clones is that they never try to do something different, they're always just alternative sites where people can do the same stuff they did on Twitter instead of cutting out these unhealthy sites. I like the idea of removing those number counts though, because those are one of the most addictive parts of Twitter.

Interesting! Thanks for indulging my question :) So it's more that the attitudes of the people kind of reflect a Twitter culture rather than Tumblr in your perspective? I can see some of that floating around a bit on some of the linked posts.

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
Darmodej

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2023 @948.53 »

i take any big rant on mastodon with a grain of salt tbh. dont really like that place. lots of misery peen-measuing.

i honestly like chost because despite its flaws it has much less of them compared to the other place and the ones there are i dont really mind much

as for the drama its kind of a good thing happened early because it made all the argument enjoyers pack their bags and leave. blue sky is a better alternative for the "boring 35 year olds perpetually stuck in high school beat the crap out of eachother" experience. we readin on the history of [insert obscure thing] here

as for the financial situation a month or so after the initial post theyve released another update where they werent in dire straits anymore. i dont know how sustainable it is though and eeeehhhh this isnt really my field of expertise

as for the other things they mostly stem from the fact the team is like 4 people. i dont really mind it as i spent my teenhood on a forum with only one admin who wasn't even active and only came once in a while to accidentally break the css or ban someone who was being a prick

ano, ja jsem on
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Recently I got a very old version of Game Maker (GameMaker 5)

Started by easy_breezyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1927
Last post May 05, 2022 @866.32
by Neonriser
Things you recently learned

Started by MemoryBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 17
Views: 1528
Last post July 05, 2023 @679.92
by Memory
What was your recent random luck event?

Started by shevekBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 2
Views: 568
Last post April 20, 2023 @975.39
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi