Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @172.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery
| | | |-+  What're you reading?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What're you reading?  (Read 2147 times)
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2023 @879.06 »

I've been rereading Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett, but next I'm going to get into Axiom's End by Lindsay Ellis. Aliens in the mid 2000s just sounds right up my alley.

I've never read anything by Terry Pratchett, but I've heard good things about him. How is he?

Right now, I'm reading Jane Eyre for the fourth time. I just love it so much!!! For a long time it was my favourite book, though I think the Jane Austen books I've read recently might have overtaken it; I'm not sure about that.

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

Memory
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2023 @625.80 »

I've never read anything by Terry Pratchett, but I've heard good things about him. How is he?

I'm a huge fan of both fantasy and satire, so Pratchett is one of my favorite writers along with Douglas Adams. They're very much in the same vein. The Discworld series spans... 40-ish books I want to say, but they're very easy to pick up out of order as well. There's an expansive cast of characters so there's a story for everyone somewhere in there I'd say.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2023 @808.55 »

Iv been binge reading recently!

• Lots of Asimov Scifi books I mention in this thread!
  • Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke - a scifi classic about aliens who arrive and turn earth into a "utopia"
  • The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan - this is a 1600s religious book and its a slog, but Im interested in it from a cultural history context.
  • Mark Twain’s Speeches - I read these on and off; I really love most of Twains writing and should read more.
  • Youth by Asimov - Just finished this; it was pretty short but enjoyable - kinda like a Goosebumps episode!
  • Algorithms to Live By - by Brian Christian - Non fiction talking about applying computer science algorithms to everyday life; its a nice casual way to freshen up on algorithms I should have studied more in college  :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

RSS Feeds you enjoy reading?

Started by MelooonBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 10
Views: 2245
Last post November 20, 2022 @659.79
by Melooon
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 57
Views: 7753
Last post May 03, 2024 @343.02
by garystu
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 59
Views: 6448
Last post June 26, 2024 @893.10
by polychrome

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi