Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @269.10 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 65/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Fondest Memories

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fondest Memories  (Read 407 times)
Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Guess what I wear as a hat .. an eyeball!

iMood: nasunikki

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 29, 2023 @250.96 »

This topic has been on my mind recently as I've been thinking of some lovely memories from my younger childhood! :grin: When I was a very young kid, I had a neighbor who kept an old, rusted car part where the parking lot was . Me, my siblings, and occasionally my cousins grew to treat this car part as a playground! :grin: We'd pretend it would be all sorts of things, like a ship for example! There was a loose piece of metal towards the front, and we'd move it around in a steering motion, pretend it was a steering wheel :ok: My favorite part was when the rainy days would come, tons of plants would grown under it and there'd be lots of bugs like ladybugs!!! :grin: Although me and my family members grew to not go out as often, I still love to think back to it .. :ok:

If you have some fond and lovely memories in mind, please do share!!! Whether it was during childhood, or maybe even a more recent memory, it's interesting to read the experiences others have had! :omg:

Have a nice dream ...
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she's an angel to you... but she's a devil to me!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023 @504.59 »

what a lovely memory, thank u for sharing!! i love reminiscing on playing pretend when i was younger
heres a memory from me! its from summer of last year, i went to a convention n i was meeting up w/ an online friend for the first time (also kinda only time so far  :dive: ) i was in line n messaging them n saying what i was cosplaying so that they could find me! i look up from my phone n my friend was right across from me !!! i gave 'em a kandi cuff i had made the day before (it actually matched their cosplay funnily enough!) later we both agreed it was very... core-memory feeling :D
theres one of my fond memories!  :4u:

oh, it is love
from the first time i set my eyes upon yours
thinking,
"oh, is it love?"
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023 @508.72 »

What a lovely thread topic!

I don't remember a lot of my childhood for various reasons, however I still have a lot of fondness for it. In particular, my late grandfather.

Among the memories of him I have I think the strongest ones are of food! Particularly when he'd without hesitation understand my weirdness surrounding food as a kid and accommodate me accordingly. I used to stay over at his house a lot, even if I was by myself (no siblings or cousins) because I loved being around him so much... Anyway, I would regularly ask him for some "outlandish" meals to eat when I visited, and he'd never treat me like I was being annoying! There was a phase where all I wanted to eat was: melted cheese on a plate and no one was willing to provide it for me but my grandfather! Toasted bread done by the radiator (not good, but he let me experiment), cheese and jam sandwiches, salt and vinegar crisps dipped in chocolate spread; whatever I wanted to eat he'd always provide. I think at one point he said to me that he was just happy to see me eat, and that it didn't matter if it was weird. I'm thankful to remember him being so kind so fondly!
Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023 @697.89 »

i gave 'em a kandi cuff i had made the day before (it actually matched their cosplay funnily enough!)
That's awesome!!! I bet that kandi cuff looked so cool too!!! :grin:

I think at one point he said to me that he was just happy to see me eat, and that it didn't matter if it was weird.
Incredibly sweet! Those words can apply to other things too ... It doesn't matter if something is weird, as long as it makes you happy! :grin:

Have a nice dream ...
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023 @711.22 »

Incredibly sweet! Those words can apply to other things too ... It doesn't matter if something is weird, as long as it makes you happy!
For real! My grandfather saying "cringe culture is dead" before the sentiment was popular :D I feel very lucky to have had the time with him that I got!  :dive:
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023 @862.91 »

This is SUCH a nice topic!!

My dad is friends with a lot of interesting people. One particular friend he had was a chap in his nineties called Monty, God knows how they first met but they were friends for as long as I can remember. He passed away back in '19, but I still have a lot of nice memories of visiting him in his apartment near the fancy parts of my city. The old guy always doted on our family, and we cherished him too. We would bring cakes and other things as gifts for him, and he'd insist on sharing them with us. I remember he had a baby grand piano in his living room, and how I'd play it (pretty damn badly, I'll admit) whenever we visited. I remember listening in on the conversations he and my dad would have, about politics and books and all other sorts of things I was too young to fully understand. By far the sweetest thing he did was keep every drawing or painting I did for him in his little library room, sandwiched inbetween the books in alphabetical order. He was such a lovely guy.

I must've been about 9 or 10-ish on this particular visit, because I vividly remember it being around the time we were learning about WW2 in History class for the first time, and Monty just so happened to be an Allied soldier at the time! I've always been fond of world history (yep, had an Ancient Egypt phase as my rite of passage into dorkhood), and I recall sitting on my dad's lap in the library, asking him every question I could think of, and Monty had the grace to answer every single one. I learnt a lot from his perspective, some of which I still remember even to this day. I remember the deep red colour of the carpet in that library, and how yellow and warm the electric light was. Little things, but I remember them, and they are such wonderful memories of a man who, I wish I wish I wish, could speak to once again. I hope the stars are looking after him.

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023 @218.66 »

Little things, but I remember them, and they are such wonderful memories of a man who, I wish I wish I wish, could speak to once again. I hope the stars are looking after him.
What an incredibly lovely guy ... I find the part where he kept your drawings in his library room so sweet! Its always nice to remember the little things .. :smile:

Have a nice dream ...
grovyle

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023 @133.74 »

whatever I wanted to eat he'd always provide. I think at one point he said to me that he was just happy to see me eat, and that it didn't matter if it was weird. I'm thankful to remember him being so kind so fondly!

I have a similar one! I had a phase as a kid where all I wanted to eat was bread with butter on it, and my grandmother was the only one who consistently made it for me! I was old enough that I could've made it myself, but I liked it best when she did. When I stayed over she would be on another room and I would go get her, knock on the door and just smile reeeaaallly big and she would understand that I wanted bread with butter. I think after that it was ham slices, which she bought extra from for me :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Memories and old save games

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 904
Last post February 24, 2022 @952.95
by Melooon
Memories and food

Started by myryBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 13
Views: 1402
Last post October 22, 2023 @846.61
by Darmodej

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi