Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @222.00 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 33/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Strangers You Remember

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Strangers You Remember  (Read 2793 times)
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2024 @810.66 »

I will never forget her.

She was an old Japanese woman in her 80's, and her husband was a long-retired US veteran. When my parents sent me back to the united states for university, this lady and her husband were on the flight with me and my grandfather. Our plane had an issue and diverted to Hawaii, where we were stuck on Waikiki for 3 days. It was the start of summer so all the hotels were booked fully when we arrived. We slept in the airport terminal across the uncomfortable seats or sitting upright.

The two of them had seen me parting from my parents crying at the start of our journey. My grandpa and the husband both got to talking, both being veterans, about their travels and grandchildren. The two of them had a unique schedule to maintain citizenship and see family where they would travel to spend half the year in each country and see all their family members and grandchildren in both countries. When the lady heard I was leaving my parents for the first time and I was stuck sleeping in the terminal with no blankets or pillows, she practically adopted me!

She wrapped her blanket around her large water bottle and gave it to me as a pillow, and she tucked me in under her big warm jacket, and she sat next to me and patted me to sleep. The next morning, she told me to pick one of her charms on her cell phone to take with me for good luck. I picked an owl-shaped charm she had. She told me it was made of tigers eye for courage, and shaped like an owl for wisdom, and I had made a very good pick! I gave her a bracelet from my suitcase that I had made.

It has been quite some time since then. I don't know where she is now, or if she is still alive even. I hope she is, or that she is spending all the time she wants with her family and grandchildren. She had so much love that poured out like an ocean. I hope she still has a great life that she wants and is still living it fully!

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im like you without good moods

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2024 @184.65 »

Aw, this is a great topic. At my first (non-religious) concert I ever went to, which unfortunately was for Panic! At The Disco, I was behind this girl (probably late-teens-early-20s to my 14yo self at the time) and she was just the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. I just remember she had a lot of tattoos and was generally kind of androgynous and alternative-looking. After the concert I sheepishly told her I thought she was really pretty before leaving, which I'm super glad I did because complimenting people is the best and we should all be doing it everyday but yeah :] still think about her sometimes weirdly enough LOL. Gay awakenings are wild :unite:

Eunice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2024 @488.58 »

Being an old lady in my 60's, I have a lot of interactions with strangers when I'm out and about. I talk to people at the bus stop, anyone really. One day I decided to walk up Penglais Hill to get to the university. If you know Aberystwyth, you'll know that it is very steep. I stopped half way to catch my breath and just had to say, to a chap walking down the hill, "this seemed like a good idea at the time. I must have been mad!". He laughed, well, we both laughed. And that was it. I like to think he remembers that nutty old lady with the walking stick who just had to walk up Penglais hill, when most students take the bus like sensible people.
Audball
Jr. Member ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2024 @745.47 »

I had a friend visiting from New York one year, me, them, and my girlfriend at the time were meandering around downtown when a guy passed us and looked back and said "Satan won't save you, y'know."

My visiting friend looks VERY alternative (neon green hair, all black clothes, sometimes spikes on clothes, that stuff) so I assume it was comment on how they look but...idk! My brain just goes back to that often.

Also another time downtown I had a homeless guy on a yellow bicycle asking for money in rhyme. I don't remember all his rhymes but one I do remember was "if you give me a dollar I won't holler" and it made me chuckle so I gave him a dollar.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Do you remember IRC?

Started by m15oBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 27
Views: 4587
Last post October 16, 2024 @433.51
by Catonator
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8612
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 64
Views: 7444
Last post October 09, 2024 @540.78
by xwindows

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi