Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @278.19 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Obscure and Lesser-Known Music

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Obscure and Lesser-Known Music  (Read 1690 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2023 @569.66 »

Here's some obscure bands I know of
Windfall: A band from Virginia that was active in the early 80s https://invidious.io.lol/channel/UCInkrlnt1pnjr-2tZMTWzYA
Endless Time: Another Virginia-native band that was active between the late 70s and early 80s https://www.reverbnation.com/theendlesstimeband
Go: Norwegian synthpop duo from the early 90s that was founded by 2 tech university students https://www.discogs.com/release/1167022-Go-Let-Your-Love-Flow
Shark Quest: Instrumental rock band from North Carolina https://sharkquest.bandcamp.com/
Trevor Bastow: musician who worked on stock music libraries in the 80s and 90s
Dr. Carl Winter: silly musician who made a food-safety parody album https://invidious.io.lol/watch?v=chTM0APHOpM&list=PLDnPKzcW8XfGwXzccBjGOYBEeRf_SkbgL&index=446
Lorraine Scott: more obscure singer and artist https://www.discogs.com/artist/138356-Lorraine-Scott

Mo/Otto
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them, ecto/ect

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cloudydusk
iMood: cloudydusk

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023 @701.15 »

i transcribe lyrics for genius sometimes, so i've come across quite a few obscure artists on my travels. i'll be using bandcamp links for consistency's sake :dive:
thanks for coming - indie/acoustic. just organizing their albums/eps/etc took days of work on my end. i'm pretty sure most of their lyrics are on bandcamp, but only a fraction have been transferred to genius to this day
el radio fantastique - kiiinda bluesy, my friend complained abt not being able to find the lyrics to isabella anywhere and i proceeded to fixate on the band for A While
timisarocker - i'm pretty sure i found this band on tiktok back when i had one, actually. who cares, it's rock, it slaps.
anh duy - vocaloid/utau producer, does a lot of work with kasane teto
denuit - my most recent fixation transcription-wise. goth/electronic stuff from france. it's clear english isn't their first language but it vibes.

Memory
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023 @230.59 »

Wow, it's Vashti's time to shine ☆彡 One of my favorite lesser known albums is Red Curb by Rei Harakami. I've never heard an album quite like it. I'm very fond of instrumental albums & this is one that I often put on when I can't sleep.

My favorite album ever though is called Okurimono by Hyakkei, another instrumental album. This one I think could be classified as Japanese math rock, but it's not very rock & roll; It's actually pretty relaxing.

Oh! And before I forget to add this one, this song only has 3k views, I think. It's called Come Back. It's in Japanese & I would love to know the lyrics. I may ask my friend to translate it for me actually. Here is a live version of the song that I really dig.

If you guys like any of these songs, let me know & I'll try to hook you up with some similar ones :-) Happy listening!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023 @233.15 by vashti » Logged
Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

your local strange vocathing! ^_^

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2024 @719.90 »

bringing this back to get autistic about my favorite band ^_^
this band definitely isnt as obscure as some of the ones sent here but they still only have ~1k monthly listeners on spotify. however their Big Song is sharktopus, which has 15m views on youtube. anyway: the band in question is NUCLEAR BUBBLE WRAP !!!!!!!

theyre this psychedelic rock/pop band from nashville and they are just so whimsical forever and ever. they have a history in comedy music and hmmm what else do i say. they take major inspiration from ween. my favorite album from them is their most recent one, problem attic!

if you want something a little more obscure, yesterday i found this band called the fibonaccis! theyre this art punk band from the 80s and i really like their voices :3c

SPIRIT AND OPPORTUNITY REPEATS WITH EACH NEW ROVER !

noonbeam || gif by me :3
spiralstaircase
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2024 @817.58 »

I can share many examples... I don't use Youtube for music so I would use Spotify monthly listeners. Some of the bands I'd share may be popular in their country, but I imagine most of this forum's users are from the United States or the United Kingdom?

Pozi: 5.5k monthly listeners. Creative, strange, whatever... I'm not best with genres so it's up to you to judge. I think my favourite song of theirs is Detainer Man, Whitewashing or Typing. I think the band is still active, their most recent album was released in 2023.

to my boy: 446 monthly listeners. Electronic. They have two albums, one is about technology and more electronic sounding, and the other is about nature and, while still electronic, a bit.. less electronic. My favourite song of theirs has to be 'eliminate'. I don't think they're active anymore, their latest album was released in 2010. Also: I had a dream about them once where I was reading the newspaper and it had come out that the members of this group were cannibals. I don't know why.

McCarthy: 5.9k monthly listeners. Indie rock/Indie pop. If you know Stereolab then you know McCarthy. Laetitia Sadier does vocals for their final album. Their music is very political, quite far-left lyrics. They've also got just a great sound, even if sometimes a bit repetitive. I would recommend checking out this compilation on Spotify.

Juniper Moon: 1.8k monthly listeners. Indie rock? Read about them here. Elefant Records is great for checking out good music. Their songs are in Spanish, and 'Me Siento Mejor' is my favourite song of theirs. I... unfortunately have never paid too much attention to their lyrics but from what I've cared to read, I think they write a lot of love songs. But their sound is very good so it makes up for it, hehe...

Family: 47.6k monthly listeners, one of the bigger ones here. They were very influential to Spanish indie music and with only one album! Please check out 'Un Soplo En El Corazón'. Again, the lyrics are in Spanish, so if you don't understand Spanish then you will really miss out. The lyrics are very beautiful and, accompanied by the great music... And Aramburu's voice... Oh my. Please, listen to this album if you can. If you don't speak Spanish... Google translate. I dunno. It's just very good.

Helen Love: 4.4k monthly listeners. Indiepop, happy hardcore, punk rock... Another one of the Elefant greats. Check out 'Love and Glitter, Hot Days and Muzik', it's a very fun, energetic album. I discovered them last year in the summer, but I'd known their song 'I Love Indiepop' for a long while.

The Men They Couldn't Hang: 13.5k monthly listeners. I don't know much about them... British folk punk from the 80s. Check out 'How Green Is the Valley', it's a great album. Here is a quote from their website: "Swiftly their uproarious and engaging style, coupled with keenly contemporary songs, gained a passionate national following, leading to a 40 year career filled with much loved music, a dedicated fan community and high octane performances."

I think that's enough... I'm getting tired of writing!

There's not a soul listening to this recording.

Stonmann
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2024 @441.44 »

I play bagpipes, and I'm a big fan of a bagpipe genra called 'Piobaireachds' (pronounced 'peebroch', as in loch). They can be a little hard to appreciate, but once you learn to love them, they're really beautiful to listen to with ur eyes closed just thinking  :ha:
orchid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

turn ur mental prison into a maze

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: orchidcnr
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2024 @981.91 »

lots of yapping so probably best for me to spoil it. xP
Spoiler
Swords2 - like everyone {{{167 plays}}}

one of my favorite songs ever ... it's actually criminal how unknown it is. it's basically an emo folk song with plugg drums & 808s. the raw emotion in their voice, the beautiful lyrics, ... it's seriously life changing. i listened to this a lot during one of the worst segments of my life and it helped more than i can convey.
:unite:  :unite:  :unite:
h3artch3rades - everyday i wake up i wish i had not {{{938 views}}}

another song i listened to a lot during that part of my life. a beautiful, beautiful jerk song with some lowend claps during the verse as well. the piano sample is absolutely stunning and keith has compliments it amazingly with his vocals. not the
best example in this song, but their voice is genuinely angelic if you listen to some of their other stuff.
:4u:  :4u:  :4u:
dylann angercar - 【creepy-chan☆】 {{{19,621 views}}

dylann angercar was so insanely talented, it genuinely breaks my heart when i think about what his fate ended up being ... i definitely recommend checking out his discography if you like this song, he made tons of beautifully depressing post-industrial stuff, ocasionally dipping into plugg with tracks like this. rest in peace <3
:dive:  :dive:  :dive:
Sidney Phillips - Effy {{{15,831 views}}}

one of my favorite happy songs ^_^. Sidney is both a trans and pluggnb legend, and i highly recommend listening to her album "I'm So Tired of Being Staunchly" if you enjoy this. whole album is incredible and one of my favorites ever. really excited for what she does next :D
:transport:  :transport:  :transport:
Tek lintowe - Armored core {{{18,105 views}}}

Tek is one of my favorite artists atm, he's such a genius who crafts such experimental music spanning so many different genres. he does a lot of plugg stuff, like this song, and it's just so beautiful. "i don't wanna promise but i wanna say that i can mend my life / just one more flight". this specific lyric means a lot to me. to me it represents wanting to move on from something / someone, promising yourself you can move on, but justifying reflecting and returning to it by saying "just one more [flight]". the vocals took a bit for me to get used to (which i usually don't have trouble with), but i ended up loving this song a lot :)
[close]

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2695
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 2568
Last post February 15, 2022 @110.05
by ellievoyyd
Uploading music?

Started by LimeAngelMudzyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1337
Last post June 24, 2022 @692.11
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi