Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @529.41 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 21/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  First game you ever played?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: First game you ever played?  (Read 6382 times)
wilhelm
Newbie ⚓︎

An old soul lost in this new age

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2022 @94.86 »

Mine was a bootleged cartridge of the game F1-Race on a Brazilian NES-Close called Dynavision 4 Radical (image added as reference).

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2022 @596.93 »

One of the first I recall was Midtown Madness 2, borrowed out by my neighbor on a DVD, but I never gave it back :eyes:
I do not know about the timeline (my memory of my childhood is fuzzy) but at some point my cousin gifted me her used Gameboy Advance with some games - VRally 3, NFS Underground 2, Monster Truck Madness, Super Mario Bros 3, stuff like that. I also vividly remember being a big fan of the Crazy Machines series, where you could use tons of objects to build Rube Goldberg machines in a physics/electronics playground. Me gaming really took off though with Minecraft later on.
isopod
Casual Poster ⚓︎

real life isopod

StatusCafe: niceopod
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2022 @379.41 »

I couldn't say for certain, but some of the first videogames I can remember playing were Lego games on my parents' old Windows XP box. I didn't have Lego Island, the one Lego game everyone else seems to care about, instead I had Legoland, Lego Racers 1 and 2, and Lego Creator. My favorite by far was Lego Racers 2. It was this semi-open-world-ish racing game where you got to design your own car and all the characters spoke in some primitive dialect of Simlish. I remember in races your car could take damage and pieces would fall off, until your car was destroyed entirely and you were left running on foot! I would try to build vehicles as large and with as many parts as possible within the tight limits the game set in order to avoid complete destruction, but I don't think it actually did anything. Unfortunately the disc must have gotten damaged or something because I remember that computer becoming very temperamental about loading it. I was forced to play... other games! The horror! None have quite compared since.

it is now real isopod hours
Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2022 @917.85 »

First game in general? Maybe Winnie the Pooh Kindergarten or Lego Island 2, my memories aren't particularly vivid of it though.
First game I can really remember? Monster's Inc on the gameboy advance! I loved it when I was little. I remember distinctly that when I finished the first area, I thought when the game told me I was fighting the "Boss" I was going to be fighting the CEO of that movie, since I didn't know what Boss referred to in games at the time.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2022 @807.20 »

I don't remember what my very first game was but one of the earliest I can remember playing was Dogz 2 for DS. It was this little minigame collection where you had a house populated by a dog and various doggy visitors and you'd "buy" furniture to decorate it by playing a minigame. I always really liked the sliding puzzle, hula hoop, air hockey and take two minigames. It was really cute and I still like the soundtrack. The minigames actually hold up too even if they're quite simple, they're good fun. Little me was obsessed with this game. I always picked the beagle dog.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

worldwidewar
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🖕💩 👽👎💩🖕 👽💯➡️💩

iMood: worldwidewar

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2022 @826.83 »

The earliest memory I have of playing a video game was with Batman: Gotham City Rescue. I can barely find any information for the game on the internet besides gameplay vids on YouTube and some eBay listings. I can't even find the release date for it.
Edit: I found a Czech website that says it was released in 2003, even though the show it's based off of is from 2004 (I think).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022 @829.70 by worldwidewar » Logged

\   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||--WWW |
                ||     ||
Hectic Electric

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2022 @254.77 »

Sonic 2. it was bundled with the sega genesis

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2023 @41.01 »

I don't remember exactly but if this one wasn't the first then it was one of the first

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2023 @51.11 »

Hah, does anyone remember Purble Place?
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2023 @894.39 »

I think it was either Sonic the Hedgehog or a bootleg Mario Bros with Teletubbies on one of those "100-in-1" cartridges.

But the actual first game I ever witnessed was Virtua Cop 2! I was a toddler back then and didn't play it - instead, I watched my father play. I remember my favourite part was the first boss, which in infant terms translates to "the really big guy who throws barrels and then an ENTIRE TRUCK!!! :ozwomp:"

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2023 @719.71 »

Hah, does anyone remember Purble Place?
That was 90% of my early gaming, I loved it!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2023 @959.66 »

That was 90% of my early gaming, I loved it!

What was Purble Place? :omg: I have never heard of it.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2023 @965.64 »

What was Purble Place? :omg: I have never heard of it.
It was the little minigame collection that came with windows vista and 7. you can still download it or play it online some places! Not Skyrim by any means but a fun little collection, cute style too!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2023 @649.48 »

I have very vague memories of playing a children's coloring game on what I perceived at the time to be a magical, glowing box that sat at the end of my preschool classroom. It was the kind that'd go splort when you colored something in. That one could've been the first video game(?) I've ever played on any system.. I do sort of doubt that, though.

When it comes to console games, the first one I have any memory of playing is Turnabout for the PS1-- it's a pretty obscure one still, but it's fantastic. I'd go on about why, but I should probably save that for a shrine or something so I don't end up making a massive wall of text here...

* Turnabout.GIF (22.39 kB, 218x179 - viewed 29 times.)

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Snow
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2023 @486.35 »

Hmm.. not too sure but I think it might have been something on the Amiga, as I used to watch my grandfather play games on that quite a lot back when I was a tiny snowflake haha. He would usually let me have a turn to play these games whenever I was visiting and I was around 5 years old at the time. The first game I ever "played" might have been something like One Step Beyond, Superfrog, James Pond II: Robocod, or Lemmings, all on the Amiga.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1697
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1847
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser
What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4196
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi