Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @676.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 82/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  getting back on my reading grind

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: getting back on my reading grind  (Read 258 times)
cursedcalendar
Casual Poster

chirp chirp motherfuckers

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« on: January 01, 2024 @305.29 »

OK SO
I recently got this really cool book off of eBay and I'm really excited to show yall

It's called S. and it was written by Doug Dourst and J.J. Abrams in 2013. However, when you look at its cover...

So what gives!!!!!

Here's the thing: S. disguises itself as a library copy of "Ship of Theseus" by V.M. Straka, written in 1949. This book and its author do not exist in our world!!

Now, that's already pretty weird, but it gets even weirder when you open the book!

As you can see, some PESKY vandals messed up my book! what the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. These notes are supposed to be there!

These annotations establish a second story for us to follow, as the characters try to figure out more about the author of this book.

I'm going to keep it vague, incase any of you guys wanna read this, but I'll include some more pictures!!

(p.s. i'm only up to like chapter 2 PLEASE no spoilers thankssssss)

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024 @375.54 »

this book looks insanely interesting. I feel like part of the reason i haven't been reading /novels/ as much is because my attention span is pretty shot, but with multi-media kinds of books like these, it's always so much easier to follow the story.
Not sure if you've ever read Illuminae, but this reminds me of that book. (I never read the rest of the series, though, so no idea how it ends  :ok: )

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024 @869.72 »

I've heard of this one! I found it referenced in this video when I was looking up things after finishing House of Leaves:

If you feel like sharing your thoughts on it after finishing, I'd love to read them! I love experimental literature like this, or really any time people try to find new ways to tell stories. I think it stems from my love of the Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up.

cursedcalendar
Casual Poster

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024 @870.35 »

this book looks insanely interesting. I feel like part of the reason i haven't been reading /novels/ as much is because my attention span is pretty shot, but with multi-media kinds of books like these, it's always so much easier to follow the story.
Not sure if you've ever read Illuminae, but this reminds me of that book. (I never read the rest of the series, though, so no idea how it ends  :ok: )

oh I getcha 100%!!!!! i think that's why i kinda got off my reading grind. Too much of a commitment, y'know?

also: I haven't heard of Illuminae before, but it sounds interesting from the name alone! i'll make sure to check it out!!  :grin:

cursedcalendar
Casual Poster

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024 @873.69 »

I've heard of this one! I found it referenced in this video when I was looking up things after finishing House of Leaves:

If you feel like sharing your thoughts on it after finishing, I'd love to read them! I love experimental literature like this, or really any time people try to find new ways to tell stories. I think it stems from my love of the Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up.

OMG i was looking for something like this! (the video, i mean)

because ergodic literature is kinda obscure, it's really hard to find some good examples of it! thanks!

if you liked HoL, i would DEFINITELY recommend it. if you didn't like HoL i would still recommend it lol IT'S A COOL BOOK

also: I ordered a copy of House of Leaves as well! should be coming in the next few days, but i'm not sure when.

also also: I'll try to remember to document my thoughts at the end! I'll put a spoiler on it, of course.

bugfeli
Casual Poster

as above, so below!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bugfelii
iMood: bufeli

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024 @919.16 »

hey wow! i actually have this book! i got it from a relative whenever i moved and heard a little bit about it but i never looked into it (let alone finished reading it lolol), i honestly thought it was just a random book no one had ever heard of, guess i was wrong! its exciting to see there's actually content of this book, might finish reading it now (ignore the dust on the book, haven't taken it off the shelf in quite some time)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024 @79.02 by bugfeli » Logged

everything is ok!

cursedcalendar
Casual Poster

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024 @937.51 »

hey wow! i actually have this book! i got it from a relative whenever i moved and heard a little bit about it but i never looked into it (let alone finished reading it lolol), i honestly thought it was just a random book no one had ever heard of, guess i was wrong! its exciting to see there's actually content of this book, might finish reading it now (ignore the dust on the book, haven't taken it off the shelf in quite some time)

YOOOOOOOOOOO WE'RE TWINNING  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:

i ABSOLUTELY recommend giving it a look

it may be hard to read at first, cuz of all the annotations, but it's definitely worth it!!

also: here’s a picture of the slipcase incase anyone wanted to see lol

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 3
Views: 1758
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
The background of this forum?

Started by bingus_babyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 6
Views: 1672
Last post April 12, 2022 @908.75
by bingus_baby
RSS Feeds you enjoy reading?

Started by MelooonBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 10
Views: 1857
Last post November 20, 2022 @659.79
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi