Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @898.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 70/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Do you give your sites seasonal themes?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do you give your sites seasonal themes?  (Read 526 times)
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« on: October 29, 2023 @366.28 »

I finally updated my front page and gave it a bit of an autumnal theme with falling leaves, a cozy bonfire, and some crackling sounds in the background. I know Melon does, and I'm a big fan of it! Do you guys update with seasonal themes?

Nickolox
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The Lord of Waluigis

StatusCafe: nickolox

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023 @385.90 »

my site currently doesn't have any seasonal stuff right now, but I've been working on the functionality for it in javascript, doing so in JS because then it can be automatic, I tend to be pretty forgetful lol.
I think it makes for a super cute little flair for a site to have seasonal theming!! More sites should definitely do it IMO :transport:

wah :)
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023 @577.86 »

I've already made a couple of code snippets and graphics for that purpose, but never bothered to finish them. :tongue: I usually change a picture on my homepage once in a blue moon, according to the current season or holiday. Then again, I haven't made that many images and I always forget to swap them out.

but I've been working on the functionality for it in javascript, doing so in JS because then it can be automatic, I tend to be pretty forgetful lol.
I had also thought of the same concept at some point. Now that you have reminded me of it, I might as well consider it a bit more. It would be an exciting little thing to add in some way or another. :cheerR:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023 @594.95 »

I might next year! But I only just started mine a couple months ago and while it's functional it's still VERY wip! It's still too much of a mess to be changing around seasonally sadly.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023 @606.55 »

I find that doing a seasonal theme can be a great way to experiment with new ideas on a site; it pushes you to do some whacky things, and even if they totally don't work or are over the top; they are only temporary, so you don't have to stress about removing them later.

That said I have a bad habit of keeping mine up way too long  :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023 @682.91 »

I like adding fun "limited time" pages and events and stuff for viewers to find. I think it's a lot of fun both to implement and to visit on a site, and makes it fun that it changes over time.

I focus more on seasonal "content" than seasonal themes/visuals. So, on my site you can go looking for a Halloween party and look at Halloween page adopts that I've made and so on, but I haven't rethemed the entire site.

I do have plans for an advent calender page in December, too...

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023 @857.58 »

Kinda? If I have a seasonal page like my birthday balloons or my spooky meme page then I'll update my layout/create a theme to match it. I don't really do much else besides that, though I'm thinking of putting a santa hat on the Mari I have on my homepage. I also have my birthday code but that's for my birthday only so I wouldn't call it seasonal.  :ok:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
night-at-the-musian
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rule 1: Throw the bone!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023 @11.55 »

I hadn't considered doing that, but now that sounds like a ton of fun! At the very least I can put a little Santa hat on Dexter on the landing page. :grin:

Tiny Roman Appreciator

Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023 @228.03 »

I just have a small little footer image I change out to be seasonal. Right now it's my two favorite OCs dressed in Halloween costumes, next month it will just be the default hugging one, and then it'll be a generic winter one for December.

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ but even in a box am i dreaming / of a galaxy of stars above my ceiling ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆

icon by dovalore
Loebas
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023 @862.41 »

Givin that xmas is only a few months away, i dont think i'm going to give my website a xmas theme.

Unsure about next year, but it is most unlikely.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023 @701.55 »

i did a chrismtas theme last year, this year im not so sure

Also no sense of changing it to be mroe halloweeny than it already is.

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023 @865.67 »

I have a Halloween page and a Christmas page I put links to on my homepage for their respective holidays, but never an actual theme. (Which reminds me, this year I put my Halloween page up on the 28th, which means it's been up for longer after Halloween than before!) But I think I may at least try something for Christmas! Maybe I'll change the song on my homepage, at least, or have a snowfalling effect. Who knows?

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

ashton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: angelribs
iMood: angelribs

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023 @903.15 »

I like adding fun "limited time" pages and events and stuff for viewers to find. I think it's a lot of fun both to implement and to visit on a site, and makes it fun that it changes over time.

I focus more on seasonal "content" than seasonal themes/visuals. So, on my site you can go looking for a Halloween party and look at Halloween page adopts that I've made and so on, but I haven't rethemed the entire site.

I do have plans for an advent calender page in December, too...

this sounds like so much fun, omg. i was considering implementing a seasonal theme thing next year but honestly i like this a bit more

my current layout is very much not seasonal, but honestly halloween is my favorite holiday and im a bit regretful i didnt make a halloween layout this year. perhaps next!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4365
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina
I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 1766
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!
New video project! Archive of 4659 Sites

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 2
Views: 1579
Last post January 26, 2022 @158.11
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi