Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @142.52 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 858.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  can i easily install windows 10 back onto my pc for a dual boot? :(

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: can i easily install windows 10 back onto my pc for a dual boot? :(  (Read 1965 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2023 @777.60 »

⚑ Moderators Note ⚑
Your new thread has been merged back into this one - please don't make multiple threads asking the same thing when you've already received good answers!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2023 @792.34 »

(...) Windows 10 installation media (...)

i dont know what that is!!! i dont know how to get that!!! i dont understand why no one's telling me what it is or how to get to it!!!!!!!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2023 @825.22 »

i dont know what that is
Sometimes it's helpful if you search things yourself :tongue:

I will admit this is a confusing term though! "Installation media" is anything you install from; e.g. A Windows install DVD, a USB stick with the Windows installer on it etc; posts before this have already given you pretty good instructions on how to make a USB stick with Windows on it (aka installation media)! (Take a look at the first links I posted ^^)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023 @830.17 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2023 @840.82 »

i'm just gonna pay someone to do this for me. the people on reddit think i'm a troll so i don't think im figuring this out myself..... i'd think i was a troll too :(
thank you everynyan...

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2023 @863.91 »

i'd think i was a troll too :(
I don't think you're a troll :4u: I think you are trying to do something that's way outside your knowledge and you're really struggling with it, but I am always impressed by someone who's willing to try things at the edge of their limits!

That said! I don't think you don't know how to research, study and solve a problem very well - that's something that everyone has to learn their own way and it's always extremely frustrating :sad: Asking for help is only useful if you are willing to study and understand what's being said and then use that information to aid your own research; when I say "search" I really mean "research"; that involves reading documentation, looking up blogs, using google (or even GPT these days), then trying things, making mistakes and learning from mistakes.

Asking on this forum and Reddit can help set you on the right path, but asking and expecting to be told exactly what to do is not gonna help!

Your problem is solvable, it's well within your reach, and you clearly have the desire to get it done; so you can totally do it :cheerR: But there is a lot to learn along the way, and I suppose the question for you is if you wanna put in that effort and learn how to make it work.

egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2023 @872.89 »

and you clearly have the desire to get it done

not gonna lie, i'd be fine with *gestures vaguely* all of this if it wasn't for roblox. i literally only want to go back to windows to play roblox. i'm aware of wine and grapefruit but the wine available on the kde app store doesn't even run? i tried to install it through the terminal and didn't work either so i tried to install grapefruit and the documentation page doesn't have my distro on it, so i tried running the ubuntu installation commands and it shut off my laptop and i thought i bricked it. anyways i didnt brick it but didnt try again. i thought of distro-hopping again but then my usb drives were locked???? i couldnt acess them? not on kubuntu nor linux. anyways i forgot what we were talking about so im posting this without even checking

egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2023 @875.19 »

anyways i forgot what we were talking about so im posting this without even checking

oh yeah. we were talking about how i want someone to hold my hand through the entire process. sure. but i think i might as well just shut off my laptop for an inderteminate amount of time because i. actually i forgot what we were talking about again and

wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2023 @877.53 »

i literally only want to go back to windows to play roblox. i'm aware of wine and grapefruit but the wine available on the kde app store doesn't even run?
If you only wanted to switch to windows for that, steams proton tool is way better than wine for running games on linux. If you dont have steam, https://repo.steampowered.com/steam/

Once in steam, go to the library and add the roblox launcher to your steam library and launch it from there to use proton instead of wine.

egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2023 @877.91 »

anyways my entire thing is that i post the weirdest things without an hint of shame (clown husbandry roleplaying and acting like everyone's in on it, openly admitting that i dont know how to use a computer, blogging about dumpster diving, claiming that curses are real and i'm cursed for life, getting way too invested into twitter roleplay account character arcs, etc, so even if i didnt reach my goal of like, getting back to windows, at least i did some shameless posting

egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2023 @880.97 »

If you only wanted to switch to windows for that, steams proton tool is way better than wine for running games on linux. If you dont have steam, https://repo.steampowered.com/steam/

Once in steam, go to the library and add the roblox launcher to your steam library and launch it from there to use proton instead of wine.

oh, yay! i also miss mspaint.... it's closed source methinks but do you think there's like, any mspaint emulators? for linux?

wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2023 @883.44 »

oh, yay! i also miss mspaint.... it's closed source methinks but do you think there's like, any mspaint emulators? for linux?
OOh that would be cool but idk about using actual mspaint on linux but i found this which might scratch the itch

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2023 @13.19 »

i dont know what that is!!! i dont know how to get that!!! i dont understand why no one's telling me what it is or how to get to it!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I had thought that since you had apparently managed to get a Linux installed you might be capable of figuring out the rest on your own.

egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2023 @738.70 »

guys.
i thought i had finally did it. and then guess what happened,

it gave me some error and i searched for an answer and none of it worked,. i give up  :ohdear:  :ohdear:  :ohdear:  im just gonna get a new laptop i dont give a fuuuuckkkkkkkkk <- i can swear on the forum, yes?

egbert
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2023 @95.81 »

i acidentally uninstalled the. OS. guys?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2023 @113.74 »

I think you’ve gotten more entertainment value out of this $20 laptop than most people get out of a brand new games console  :tongue:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 279
Views: 28049
Last post September 07, 2024 @123.48
by larvapuppy
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6383
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3903
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi