Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @222.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Digital art recognition where you live?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Digital art recognition where you live?  (Read 611 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: November 03, 2023 @677.35 »

This question is a little more aimed at the professional artists/game devs on the forum; but feel free to chime in if you have thoughts regardless!

Recently the Irish government issued a new policy defining and recognising digital arts (it includes special mention of web art  :grin: ) - this is really exciting news for any net/web revival artists working in Ireland because it means there actually an official structure and support for making web art as a career! This is one of the melonland project goals and it was also the reason I got up on stage last year to talk about the web revival! (I dunno if that had any influence here, but Id like to think it helped  :tongue: )

ANYWAY, aside from wanting to share that bit of news; I also wanted to ask what other people's experiences of working in the digital arts have been around the world? Are you aware of similar policies where you live? Have you had success talking to arts groups/institutions about digital art? Have you had any issues having your work recognised, funded, and/or do you feel like art spaces around you understand digital arts?

Some part of me does have that Pete Seeger quote roaming around "The only thing worse than banning something is making it official"  :drat: But I also think it's important to feel like you are welcome and participating in the wider world, so I'd like to see digital/web arts being as universally accepted as painting is today.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023 @902.07 »

Nothing to share, but just wow, that is very exciting! I guess I never thought of a government recognizing and mentioning web art. Your talk is very good and now I wonder too if that had an influence. I've been busy irl for the past few months and missed the release of your Pixel Sea, and that is a work of art! Found it after watching the talk. Really enjoy your work, Melon!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023 @911.92 »

The german government had a hard time to recognize big, commercial game development as a branch of economy - they will never ever pump any money into counter-culture games. I don't mind, I'm okay working as a hobbyist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3647
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 2055
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1489
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi