Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @349.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What are you playing (or have finished)?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: What are you playing (or have finished)?  (Read 13443 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2022 @657.34 »

lately i've been getting into Mabinogi

I used to play that YEARS ago when I was super into trying random MMOs, I cant remember if it was the one with the silly dating system :tongue:

As for playing with friends.. I always get sad if the other person stops playing, it spoils the game :sad: Sea of Thieves is great to play with pals though.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2022 @939.41 »

I have just finished Mafia: Definitive Edition and it became one of my new favorite games! Open world but linear crime game, 1920s-1930s, gorgeous graphics, movie-level voice acting, impressive animation work, a shitton of cars, simulation driving and an optional ultra hard mode!

Plus it's on sale.
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2022 @962.07 »

I've been playing Magi Nation for the GBC

I'd recommend it if you like gameboy era monster games, it still holds up pretty good and I'm surprised how obscure it seems to be

Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2022 @133.34 »

• Been playing Devil's Crush a lot for destress during some job interview prep. Its a lot of fun! A great little pinball game.
  • Destroy All Humans 2 is out! I am really enjoying it.
  • Hearthstone is souring for me again. Think I will stop playing after I get through this battle pass. The modern team has really different sensibilities to the old one and its just not as fun for me anymore.

Let me know if anyone has any PC Engine releases that they love! Want to get more into that as of late.
Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2022 @205.64 »

Been playing Devil's Crush a lot for destress during some job interview prep. Its a lot of fun! A great little pinball game.

Devil's Crush rules! I grew up with Alien Crush, and it was soooo cool when I finally got to play Devil's Crush via emulation. The music in that is bonkers, some of the best on the system!

Let me know if anyone has any PC Engine releases that they love! Want to get more into that as of late.

Ooh, there's a lot! Bonk 1 and 2 are pretty obvious, but they're all-time classics. Neutopia is solid if you're looking for "Zelda 1, but more of it." I really like Parasol Stars; if you like those Bubble Bobble style single-screen arcade games, it's a treat. And I'm not a big shmup fan, but Magical Chase is too dang charming to pass up.

ggnonicon
Casual Poster

smush the eyelid

View Profile WWW

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2022 @726.31 »

I fucking love Alien Crush!!! I bought it a long time ago for my PS3 (one of those classics u can buy)

I've been replaying Shadow of the Colossus with my partner lately, finally freaking finished Kentucky Route Zero some weeks ago, and the only other game I play lately is Slay the Spire but it becomes a quick timesink (insert villainous handrubbing)
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2022 @801.89 »

I just started playing Skyward Sword on Switch.

I actually hated the original Wii version of this game. The motion controls were mostly fine, until I was required to do a diagonal slash with my sword and could never get it to register. It made the fights with Ghirahim really aggravating. But the worst part was how much the game held your hand. It's like they designed it for toddlers. Every three minutes the game would grind to a halt because each time you load your save it would insist on giving you the long description each time you pick up an item; or Fi would appear and explain to you what the previous cutscene just showed or told you; or if your hearts are low, you got to listen to the regular low health sound plus the sound of Fi trying to interrupt the game and tell you that ... your health is low.

But apparently the Switch version removes all of that. Fi's tips are optional now. You only get the long description for items the first time you pick them up, even if you reload your save file. You can also speed up dialogue and skip cutscenes now. And there are button/analogue stick controls if you don't like the motion controls. It's weird using the right stick for the sword, but it's a lot like the katana at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2 so it's wasn't a huge ordeal to get used to.

Overall, it's a way better game now.
rugar
Casual Poster

vulf born from a digi-egg . . . !

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2022 @840.78 »

atm:
ace attourney-apollo justice
gurumin
dmc3
higanbana no saku yoru ni
links awakening dx
persona 2 innocent sin

i was surfing the net and i wiped out . . . !
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2022 @929.46 »

I just started playing Skyward Sword on Switch.

Oh this fills me with pain. I got this for my birthday after begging for it about half a year long, and then the first dungeon had a pretty realistically moving sp//er in it that jumpscares you from the ceiling. I threw my wiimote across the room, screamed and never touched it again. I let down a lot of people that day including myself. :notgood:
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2022 @962.69 »

Oh this fills me with pain. I got this for my birthday after begging for it about half a year long, and then the first dungeon had a pretty realistically moving sp//er in it that jumpscares you from the ceiling. I threw my wiimote across the room, screamed and never touched it again. I let down a lot of people that day including myself. :notgood:

Giant spiders in movies and games never bother me, but I can't even watch a video with real/normal sized spiders. 8 Legged Freaks was hilarious, but Arachnophobia still gives me the creeps.
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro

View Profile WWW

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2022 @640.91 »

Like almost everyone these days, I've been playing Cult of the Lamb! I find the actual fighting kind of underwhelming (sometimes the 2D art style makes it difficult to tell how close to an enemy's hitbox I actually am) but for the most part it's very fun!

I've also been playing a cute little game called An Airport For Aliens Currently Run By Dogs.

I originally discovered this game through a streamer I watch (hollow_tones on twitch) and immediately stopped watching her play it because I knew I had to play it for myself. It creates such a sweet, caring, melancholy and goofy world that I find extremely charming. I haven't played a lot of it yet, but I don't think it's a very long game either.

spiralstaircase
Casual Poster ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2022 @805.88 »

splatoon 3!!! the story mode specifically, im almost done with it

Welcome to the planet of the robot cat
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2022 @262.21 »

I actually hated the original Wii version of this game. The motion controls were mostly fine, until I was required to do a diagonal slash with my sword and could never get it to register. It made the fights with Ghirahim really aggravating. But the worst part was how much the game held your hand. It's like they designed it for toddlers.

I feel like you took the words out of my mouth with this one. I wanted to like this game so bad when it came out but it felt like they designed so many features with the intention of making you frustrated. Every time I felt like I was finally past a tutorial section, they'd surprise me with another. It resulted in the gameplay itself feeling like a really long tech demo.

I'm glad to hear the Switch version is significantly improved; I may have to pick it up.

wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2022 @342.09 »

I just finished Yakuza Kiwami. So good! A lot shorter than Yakuza 0, but really enjoyable story and fun side quests.
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2022 @770.73 »

splatoon 3!!! the story mode specifically, im almost done with it

been playing this as well, already at 60 hours since release! i do really like it's more user-friendly than most modern shooters with things like microtransactions, lootboxes, and battle passes etc. I guess the catalog counts as a 'battle pass', but at least it's not a paid thing!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 53
Views: 5700
Last post October 07, 2023 @975.13
by Scootarooni
Playing Ozwamp's Voyage on Linux with Wine.

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 973
Last post April 13, 2022 @123.11
by Icey!
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3213
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi