Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @725.27 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 72/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  ==> an unsettling un-creature floats into the room emitting a low hum

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ==> an unsettling un-creature floats into the room emitting a low hum  (Read 347 times)
pistachio
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: November 22, 2023 @319.73 »

Hi!! Pistachio/Nic here! I am 21 and I am also horrible at introductions, so there's that.

I found this collection of oldweb revival sites and I was instantly obsessed. I really miss the times when the Internet was a weirder, smaller, kinder place. I'm super down to connect with cool folks across the galaxy and universe who have similar interests. The main things I'm into are:
    • Music, mainly post-punk and shoegaze at this particular moment in time. Current favorites are Model/Actriz, Jane Remover, Computerwife. I also listen to Elliot Smith a lot haha. I love love love CDs and have a small collection that I'm trying to grow. Send me recs!
    • Flip phones/dumbphones! I use a Nokia 6300 4G as my daily phone, and I never use or carry a smartphone other than to use the laundry app in my apartment's laundry room. I'm actually about to switch to a different one because the Nokia's battery is screwy. Ask me about phones. I could talk about this for 12 years.
    • Books-- a lot of contemporary sci-fi. Recent favorites include Tears of the Trufflepig by Fernando A. Flores and The Employees by Olga Ravn. All-time favorites include The Cabinet by Kim Un-Su and Hyperion by Dan Simmons. I write sci-fi too! I'm working on a novel, but currently taking a break with how stressful school is.
    • Poetry-- I write poetry a lot more than I read it. Planning to post some online eventually. In terms of reading poetry, I am a huge fan of Wound from the Mouth of a Wound by torrin greathouse.
    • Also I'm trans and a furry lmao but I get the impression that either or both of those things is kind of par for the course in this environment
    • Also also I know, and I cannot emphasize this enough, literally nothing about html

Speaking more broadly, I'm about to graduate college and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I don't want to use my degree (motion design) because it requires me to stare at a screen 8 hours a day, and I feel like I need to stand up and be outside. Next June I'm heading to Wisconsin to live on a mushroom farm for 5 months. I'm hoping to learn about organic agriculture and break into that area as a career path, because I want a job that keeps me in nature all the time. I never want to have to stare at a screen unless I want to be doing so.

I'm planning to move to the Minneapolis area sometime within the next year, so if you live around there, hit me up!

Excited to chat with some people about literally anything!

nic / 21 / indiana, usa / poet, author, flip phone enthusiast
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023 @360.07 »

Hi Pistachio Welcome to the Melonland, I'm CaffeinatedElf.

Have you read Project hail Mary by Andy Weir?
pistachio
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023 @785.58 »

Never read Andy Weir actually, although I did see The Martian in theaters back when that came out.

virtualtelegrams
Casual Poster

it/they

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023 @881.37 »

Welcome! Hope you like it here  :grin:  I also collect CDs, mainly punk (Bad Religion, The Offspring, Rancid, Against Me!, Rise Against), rock (and pop-rock like Avril lavigne), some metal (In This Moment, Evanescence), hardcore and post-hardcore(Black Veil Brides is both post-hardcore and metalcore I think?, Taking Back Sunday).

And yes, from what I've seen, being trans and/or a furry is pretty common here. I'm just one of those (trans) but furries are pretty cool too.

-virtualtelegrams
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023 @29.95 »

Never read Andy Weir actually, although I did see The Martian in theaters back when that came out.

I recommend reading project hail Mary, it's a great sci fi book with a really interesting plot.
 There has been talks about a movie being made based on the book staring Ryan gosling as the main protagonist.
I can't wait to go see the movie once its released.
pistachio
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023 @157.79 »

Welcome! Hope you like it here  :grin:  I also collect CDs, mainly punk (Bad Religion, The Offspring, Rancid, Against Me!, Rise Against), rock (and pop-rock like Avril lavigne), some metal (In This Moment, Evanescence), hardcore and post-hardcore(Black Veil Brides is both post-hardcore and metalcore I think?, Taking Back Sunday).

And yes, from what I've seen, being trans and/or a furry is pretty common here. I'm just one of those (trans) but furries are pretty cool too.

Sick. My collection is pretty small still but I do have some Black Flag and Minor Threat!

GraphiteCore
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Sleepiest thing alive

iMood: GrahpiteCore

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023 @754.55 »

welcome to the forum pistachio (o´▽`o)ノ i'm one of the trans furries in here too, lol

i hope you share some of your work in here sometime, i think people would like to see it. have fun!! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Pencil/Graph | they/them | ok with gendered words
pistachio
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2023 @193.44 »

Thanks mate! I'm actually working on a site to post my poetry on right now, because I'm lacking a good place at the moment.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi