Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @403.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 61/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Reducing load time on website

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reducing load time on website  (Read 292 times)
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 30, 2023 @990.51 »

I'm very happy with my neocities ATM. Pretty much all of my pages are done except for one. My main problem is the load time. its not long or anything. I'd say it takes less than 5 seconds. But is there a way to reduce it? If not it's not the end of the world but eh

larvapuppy
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023 @3.96 »

Which page is it? Usually long load times on Neocities are because of images that are too large

the end of an era, one starts anew
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023 @597.01 »

Yeah, large image files are one of the biggest reasons pages slow down or break while loading 99% of the time. Now, there's always going to be some loading time if you open any page for the first time or restart your cache and reload the page... but there's always room for improvement!

I recommend checking out TinyPNG for reducing the size of your imagery and Dither Me This if you wish for more stylistic results. I would also suggest utilising more .jpgs (or even .gifs) than .pngs (unless you want transparency of course). :ha: For instance, since my site is image-based and hence image-heavy, I try my best to keep the majority of my images below 1MG (which also helps me with storage management). High-quality images are not recommended, especially if they are plainly decorative or used in impact spots. A super tiny and pixel-ish image can look as decent as a heavy one from afar!

Also, another reason why pages may take a while to load are due to external attachments. Often such files are already compressed within the external site, but that doesn't necessarily change anything. I reckon the page trying to capture data from multiple instances at once is causing further delays. So, I would recommend you host your own files within your site and modify them to your own liking. Well, unless you are using some short of widget code snippet that cannot be altered easily. :ohdear:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023 @602.06 by TheNothingMonster » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5452
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1864
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2079
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi