Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @90.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 81/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Pathfinder 2e?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pathfinder 2e?  (Read 256 times)
OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: December 10, 2023 @24.10 »

Hey hey! I'm getting back into TTRPGs again and I remember really, REALLY having fun with Pathfinder 2e!

Does anyone else play this game? I remember it blowing up during that whole D&D 5e OGL controversy at the start of the year (which is when I got into it :P) Honestly as soon as I found out about the Anandi I was HOOKED! a race of sapient giant jumping spiders that are peaceful and live communally!? they were practically MADE for me!! I wanna play one SO bad!

I'd love to possibly find/form a group on here, but at the same time it could be incredibly difficult to find a willing GM...

Klopnis
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024 @753.70 »

Nice to see Pathfinder getting some love here! I'm very new to it myself, having just run the second session of a new campaign last night. There's still a lot I'm not as au fait with as I am when running D&D 5e, but I suppose it's just a matter of practice! I'm a roleplay-heavy DM, but I find that Pathfinder encourages me to include more combat encounters. A change is as good as a rest, I suppose!

I know it's early days yet, but I think on balance, I prefer D&D as a DM and Pathfinder as a player. Is that weird? My D&D group is, like me, very geared towards roleplay, so I know that as a DM for one of that group's sessions, I can just sit back and enjoy a front-row seat at the greatest theatre in the world. But when I'm a player in D&D, I feel like it's not quite as "gamey" sometimes as I want it to be—this is a problem that a crunchier system like Pathfinder 2e solves well, I find!

OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024 @989.03 »

Nice to see Pathfinder getting some love here! I'm very new to it myself, having just run the second session of a new campaign last night. There's still a lot I'm not as au fait with as I am when running D&D 5e, but I suppose it's just a matter of practice! I'm a roleplay-heavy DM, but I find that Pathfinder encourages me to include more combat encounters. A change is as good as a rest, I suppose!

Ohh I love that! I vastly prefer roleplay over combat in TTRPGs so it's good to know that there are DMs out there who prefer the same! I remember one time it took our group like 3 sessions to actually get through a whole combat, because every time there would be combat planned by the DM I would roleplay my way around it LOL. Didn't even mean to, I just ended up coming up with non-combat solutions to a lot of things.

I know it's early days yet, but I think on balance, I prefer D&D as a DM and Pathfinder as a player. Is that weird? My D&D group is, like me, very geared towards roleplay, so I know that as a DM for one of that group's sessions, I can just sit back and enjoy a front-row seat at the greatest theatre in the world. But when I'm a player in D&D, I feel like it's not quite as "gamey" sometimes as I want it to be—this is a problem that a crunchier system like Pathfinder 2e solves well, I find!

Interesting! I tend to hear the opposite from most people I think, where they prefer to DM Pathfinder but play D&D. I'll say that I have never really played either game enough to form my own solid opinion (Never played a character past level 3 in D&D, and only ever DM'd a single session of Pathfinder)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Tabletop roleplaying games (D&D, FATE, OSR, Pathfinder ...)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 9
Views: 666
Last post February 24, 2023 @490.20
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi